All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Reviews - Organized Rides - Recreation Areas - Classifieds > Product Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2016, 08:11 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Maxima FFT Foam FIlter Treatment

I have had a bottle setting on the back of my "wet tool shelf" for years.
Bought it, forgot it, bought all kinds of others, no-toil, uni etc.
Well, was going for a ride through some of Baja, and for some reason that bottle called out to me.
I followed the instructions, even wore gloves like it said......
First thing off, Man this stuff is sticky! It almost pulled my gloves off while I was working it into the filter.
Put the filter on the bike (XR650R)
Head out through Northern Baja for three days.
Come home
Open up the filter box and holy cow that filter's outside was covered in dust
Pulled it out and the inside of the filter was discolored but the air box was super clean. .
Took the filter over to the cleaning pan and tried to clean it with my K&N filter cleaner, removed the dust but the filter was still very sticky and dirty. Put the filter in a pan of hot water and Tide, nope nothing and very sticky. I was playing with using gasoline but remembered how it destroyed a filter a few years ago so I went out and picked up the Maxima air filter cleaner. Followed the directions, gloves and all.
It took two complete cleaning cycles to get the filter clean and man, each time, more and more dirt came out.
Before I bought the Cleaner I thought, well heck the filter is just stained, but no, there was still the FFT and dirt in the filter.
I wont be using anything else after this demonstration.
Very good product
Old 03-09-2016, 08:49 AM
Expert Class

That's what I'm using. I rinse the filter in kerosene and it cleans up quite well.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:59 AM
JOATMON

I've always like Maxima products. I'm a big fan of No Toil for air filters but if my opinion ever changes I'll give this a try.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:08 PM
novice

isnt baja like sandy . how many times did u clean the filter?. if i was going i would clean it once a day sandy conditions can be hard on filters. when use fft i use twin air filter cleaner it s better than using gas etc.but for notoil i use there cleaner. have fun stay on the gas do it in the dirt

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Reviews - Organized Rides - Recreation Areas - Classifieds > Product Reviews