All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/)
-   Product Reviews (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-49/)
-   -   Gaerne Sizing. (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-49/gaerne-sizing-28492/)

Simulcaster 05-28-2006 07:31 AM

Gaerne Sizing.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Upon much consideration I have decided to get new boots. Specifically the Gaerne SG10's. They seem to be the overall boot of choice amongst ATM riders. The area I live in has only a few moto sotres and they all carry the same boots, AStars, Thor Quads, and Cheap Oneals. I know you should always try on boots before buying but I trying on a pair of SG10's is impossible.

My question is how does their sizing run. I wear a 10 in the Tech 8 and it is slighly snug. I wear a size 10 shoe. Thanks for all of your input.

kuritaro9 05-28-2006 06:42 PM

Re: Gaerne Sizing.

my size 11's were spot on. if you waer a 10, order a 10...:thumb

Simulcaster 05-28-2006 06:43 PM

Thanks alot. A ten it is.

crfjedi393 05-28-2006 10:32 PM

Agreed. Shoe size = boot size for my son.

Crazy 05-29-2006 01:03 AM

Was exact same for me, I ordered the normal size shoe I wear and they fit perfectly. BTW, I chose these boots too after reading peoples comments about them and I just love them. The first pair of boots I had were thor ones and I hated them, just bulky and uncomfortable. The gaernes feel like tennis shoes, they are just that comfortable.

Simulcaster 06-28-2006 01:49 PM

For those interested. I purchased my SG10's Size 10 as everyone suggested. These boots are unbelievable. Never again will I wear tech8s. The SGs required no break in and yet I feel totally protected in them. It took a few minutes to get the buckles situated then it was all good. The latch system compared to my old 8s is far superior 9 i guess that is why Astar swtiched it up for the 06's.) Anyways another A+ for the Gaerne report card.

schwen_108 06-28-2006 02:37 PM

I am thinking about getting some SG10's sometimg in the future.
But for now, I'm in love with my Tech 6's

Simulcaster 06-28-2006 02:49 PM

i cannot recemmend them enough. i will check back after the summer and let you know how they hold up. i tried on the 6s and they felt flat under my foot. it might have felt better with a arch pad or something. the evening i got them I went for astroll through some local trails and i made a turn and a scrub palmetto frond was sticking out into the trail. As i have done many of times i figured it would bruch right off...well someone had cut a 8inch tree off that had fallen in the trail but did not pull it off entirely and it was hiding behind the palmetto frond. needless to say i caught it right across my chin rippimg my foot off the peg and behind me. i believe if i was waering my 8s i would have limpe dback to the house with huge bump atleast. The sg10 took a lick and i rode away with only a sore thigh from the muscle pull offf being ripped back. i only goon like this becuase i have never been so satisfied with a product like i am with these boots.

now my new fox gloves.... are a different story. you ,ioght see them up in the pay it forward soon if they don't break in.

Faded 06-28-2006 03:43 PM

I was torn between the SG-10's and the Sidi Flex Force...in the end the Sidi's won but both are high quality IMHO. I ran into the same sizing issue that you did; I wear a 10.5 and the Sidi's came in a 10 or an 11 and there wasn't anyone that had some to try on. I picked up the 10's and they were perfect.

Crazy 06-28-2006 05:23 PM

Glad you liked the SG10s. I have my dad convinced and hes getting a set too.