All Things Moto! Web Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Web Forums > Reviews - Organized Rides - Recreation Areas - Classifieds > Product Reviews

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Pro Class

Default Forslyk Fork Tube Coating Review

What?

This is a formula that you spray on your fork tubes to cut down on friction created by the seals, bushings, etc.

Where & How Much

Our own ProAMA725. I believe he is retailing it for $49.95.

Pros

1) It works...and works good. My RM forks have always seemed harsh in the beginning of the stroke to me, they wanted to run over stuff instead of absorb it. Well this stuff helped that...alot. Right after I reinstalled my forks I sat on the bike to see how it felt...and the difference was instantly noticeable for me. I rode with it and the forks were too soft as he claimed they would be, so after that ride I added 4 clicks of compression and I haven't touched the rebound yet. After I rode with this, things were feeling really good. I don't know why, but I was putting on the power alot more soon in turns and ruts than before...I guess it gave me more confidence.

2) Very easy installation. Take the forks off, clean them with the supplied cleaner and spray 2 coats of Forslyk. That's basically it. Gotta love it!

Cons

None coming from me!

Overall Impression/Comments

I am pretty impressed with this stuff. I would however like to compare this with the nitrate coating...don't know how I would do that though lol.

I am happy with the results. With it installed, it gives a happy medium--I don't want less friction, but I don't want more. I think that if it cut the friction much more I would have to buy a heavier set of springs though..but I am not a feather lol...

Now I know how much friction is caused by the seals and such...and it's more than you'd think. This stuff is awesome, and it is definately worth the $50 you pay for it.

Last edited by drman; 03-13-2005 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:38 PM
Pro Class

Default Re: Forslyk Fork Tube Coating Review

Sweet, I have been thinking about getting some of that!
Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Im glad someone posted on this product . My girlfriend Tracy got a sponsorship offer from them a few days ago but we have been very hesitant on taking. thanks for the input.

haha shes got her name as a sponsored rider on thier website and she hasn't even accepted yet..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 03-14-2005, 06:15 PM
ATM! Addict

I may have to try some of this stuff.

What is the purpose of taking the forks off? I am assuming you have to disassemble them and coat the entire tube?
Old 03-14-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro Class

Nope, you don't have to disassemble the forks. I wonder too if you really need to take them off...because it doesn't seem totally necessary to me...maybe just being able to clean the tubes better...Chad where are ya?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator

Chad pmed me directions on this stuff. He said to take off the fork guards, dust boots, etc. He specifically said there was no need to remove the forks, or seals. Just pm him. He'll be happy to give directions. (I haven't applied it yet but it might be a good thing to do before..... SPLENDORA!!!!!!!) Blue in Macho's honor. I heard he had red #plates.
By Chad, I mean ProAMA725.
Sponsored Ads
Old 03-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Expert Class

i like the review and your results however am a little confused. you buy it from him and put it on yourself, that easy? I might have to get a bottle. Does it wear off?
Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Parker
Does it wear off?
It is reported to last a season of racing. I'm not sure how long that is but there will be more info on it before the year is over. It seems like good stuff so far. And yes, you just buy it and put it on yourself. Pretty simple.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Pro Class

Alright everyone, didn't know this became a hot topic. yes, it is very easy to apply, and I designed this to go on with any normal person. No need to take off the forks. I think the reason I had told people to do that, is to get them into a warmer environment, because the garage wasn't warm enough??? As far as posting Tracy's name, I do apologize for that. I have so many things going on, I am not sure which way is up at this time. I run two businesses. I will remove that if you would like. I promise if she is a sponsored rider, she will be very happy with Forslyk. Either way, let me know. (edited: Got the contract already, thanks) Satch, I took it with me to the track last time. I will pm ya. What Forslyk will do for you: You will notice a very big change in the braking bumps, some people notice it on jumps as well. From our emails, the faster the rider, the more they notice the big jumps, but everyone notices a big change on the braking bumps, even beginners. Our most emailed term is "makes the braking bumps disappear." [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Word of caution, on my KX, I put it on, but had to go up on the rebound 4 clicks, due to headshake. It rebounded very fast after putting it on.

Oh, and bye the way. If you like this product, you are gonna love the next one I am working on. Hint: It will help riders ride in mud like Anahiem 1 was.

Last edited by ProAMA725; 03-15-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Class

Instructions:

1. Shake bottle well.
2. The temperature while putting this on, needs to be 70 degrees or warmer in the room you apply it in, since it requires some drying of the chemicals, and they may seperate at temps lower than that.
3. Raise front of bike up, raising front tire off the ground.
4. Take off all parts surrounding fork legs for access. (fork guards, dust boots etc, no need to take apart forks or take off seals)
5. Spray 5-6 pumps of cleaner on inner fork tubes.
6. Wipe all oil residue and dirt off fork tubes.
7. Wipe fork legs with clean dry paper towel.
8. Spray approximately 5 pumps of Forslyk per fork leg and spread it all over the fork leg, with some rubbing.
9. Let dry for 5 minutes or dry with warm heat for 30 seconds.
10. Wipe off fork leg with dry clean paper towel.
11. Apply second coat of Forslyk, same as first coat for best results. (Do not use cleaner again)
12. Put parts on fork legs back together.
13. You are finished, and your forks are Forslyk.
14. You will need to recoat your forks once every season or as needed.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:43 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Thanks for the info....no problem on posting of her name. she was very excited and curious about the product . we are going to apply it in a few days . I will let everyone know how it works. I think we are racing at perris this weekend and she will be doing another SRA grand Prix at Glen Helen or Gorman in two weeks. By the way she said thank you for picking her up this year
Old 03-15-2005, 04:44 PM
Pro Class

No problem, and tell her good luck this year. Of course there is enough in that little bottle for you to swipe some if you haven't already.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:50 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I was thinking about it trying it but my seals and springs (front and rear) are toast right now. Springs are seals are being ordered in a few weeks and will be sent to mike at MB1 ASAP.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAMA725
Instructions:

1. Shake bottle well.
2. The temperature while putting this on, needs to be 70 degrees or warmer in the room you apply it in, since it requires some drying of the chemicals, and they may seperate at temps lower than that.
3. Raise front of bike up, raising front tire off the ground.
4. Take off all parts surrounding fork legs for access. (fork guards, dust boots etc, no need to take apart forks or take off seals)
5. Spray 5-6 pumps of cleaner on inner fork tubes.
6. Wipe all oil residue and dirt off fork tubes.
7. Wipe fork legs with clean dry paper towel.
8. Spray approximately 5 pumps of Forslyk per fork leg and spread it all over the fork leg, with some rubbing.
9. Let dry for 5 minutes or dry with warm heat for 30 seconds.
10. Wipe off fork leg with dry clean paper towel.
11. Apply second coat of Forslyk, same as first coat for best results. (Do not use cleaner again)
12. Put parts on fork legs back together.
13. You are finished, and your forks are Forslyk.
14. You will need to recoat your forks once every season or as needed.

Ok, maybe I was seeing things when I thought I read you have to take your forks off....or maybe Chad puts a "special ingredient" in the Forslyk..

But then again, I believe he instructed me to take my bike inside because I wanted to apply Forslyk when it was pretty dang cold..yeah I think that's it.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAMA725
Oh, and bye the way. If you like this product, you are gonna love the next one I am working on. Hint: It will help riders ride in mud like Anahiem 1 was.
What is it body lotion to get rid of arm pump?

All Things Moto! Web Forums > Reviews - Organized Rides - Recreation Areas - Classifieds > Product Reviews