All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Honda

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Last Online: 07-06-2013 12:24 PM
Location: newmarket, canada
Posts: 13
Default 2000 CR 250 Clutch center

     

SO I recently am putting in some new plates and had everything back together in my clutch. Still doesn't work. I start re tightening the bolts that hold the springs in and one of them snapped pretty much at the head of the bolt .

any idea how to get it out or should I take the clutch center out and just drill it?
also does anyone know why my clutch when in gear and pulled in does not let the tire roll freely, even after the plates were changed.

All I can think of is an adjustment issue.

thanks guys

Paul
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 AM
speedysvetz's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Last Online: 07-11-2018 09:19 PM
Location: Clymer NY
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr0923 View Post
SO I recently am putting in some new plates and had everything back together in my clutch. Still doesn't work. I start re tightening the bolts that hold the springs in and one of them snapped pretty much at the head of the bolt .

any idea how to get it out or should I take the clutch center out and just drill it?
also does anyone know why my clutch when in gear and pulled in does not let the tire roll freely, even after the plates were changed.

All I can think of is an adjustment issue.

thanks guys

Paul
Check for grooves on the basket such as in this one http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...1/IMG_2560.jpg

Those grooves will cause the plates to stick and not release it happened on my 97 cr250 im guessing that's your problem
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2013, 02:24 PM
gusco's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Last Online: 11-08-2018 08:12 AM
Location: South Texas
Posts: 979
Default

If it is one of the bolts I'm thinking, I would back out the other bolts and remove the hub. Then I'd have access to the shaft of the bolt and be able to grab it with vise grips and back it out.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2013, 02:31 PM
ATM! Pro Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Last Online: Yesterday 10:12 PM
Location: Benton, LA
Posts: 4,925
Default FYI

FYI....With the clutch pulled in and in gear ...The wheel will still have drag on it as you are still turning gear shafts in the gear box...

Paw Paw
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:07 PM
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Last Online: 07-06-2013 12:24 PM
Location: newmarket, canada
Posts: 13
Default

there is no where to grab the bolt its sunken in the thread too far. I started to drill it out and relized I need to get the clutch center off (which is now a problem). Im going to some plates back in put it in 5th adn try adn get that center nut off.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw View Post
FYI....With the clutch pulled in and in gear ...The wheel will still have drag on it as you are still turning gear shafts in the gear box...

Paw Paw
shouldnt the back wheel roll freely when engaged adn the clutch lever pulled in ? like as if it was in neutral?

Im really not sure but mayber when I had it back together it was fine then.

and then I took it apart and f'ed it up.

thanks for all the info guys

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

any information about easiest way to get the center clutch nut off with out actually buying the tool would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry one more thing it goes clutch plate then spacer then clutch then spacer etc?

also when its back together and the cover is still off and you pull in the lever, how much is the pressure plate supposed to come out?

thanks again guys
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2013, 03:26 PM
ATM! Pro Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Last Online: Yesterday 10:12 PM
Location: Benton, LA
Posts: 4,925
Default ??????

You really need to pickup a service manual for your bike.....
As stated before.....The wheel will not spin freely when in gear and clutch lever pulled as you are turning gear shafts in the trans. That is why they don't start very well in gear as well.

Also, if the bolt broke off at the head as stated, there will be enough sticking out of the center hub to get vise grips on.

Paw Paw
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2013, 04:06 PM
speedysvetz's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Last Online: 07-11-2018 09:19 PM
Location: Clymer NY
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr0923 View Post
there is no where to grab the bolt its sunken in the thread too far. I started to drill it out and relized I need to get the clutch center off (which is now a problem). Im going to some plates back in put it in 5th adn try adn get that center nut off.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------



shouldnt the back wheel roll freely when engaged adn the clutch lever pulled in ? like as if it was in neutral?

Im really not sure but mayber when I had it back together it was fine then.

and then I took it apart and f'ed it up.

thanks for all the info guys

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

any information about easiest way to get the center clutch nut off with out actually buying the tool would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry one more thing it goes clutch plate then spacer then clutch then spacer etc?

also when its back together and the cover is still off and you pull in the lever, how much is the pressure plate supposed to come out?

thanks again guys
My 2009 yz drags the tire a little bit when I roll it and put it in gear until the clutch lets off then it moves freely
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Last Online: 07-06-2013 12:24 PM
Location: newmarket, canada
Posts: 13
Default

I have the service manual, I found its good for specs but doesnt tell enough "how to" I found you tube was better.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw View Post
You really need to pickup a service manual for your bike.....
As stated before.....The wheel will not spin freely when in gear and clutch lever pulled as you are turning gear shafts in the trans. That is why they don't start very well in gear as well.

Also, if the bolt broke off at the head as stated, there will be enough sticking out of the center hub to get vise grips on.

Paw Paw

ok Im gonna get the bolt out and get a new one and put it back together and see where Im at.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2013, 06:29 AM
Intermediate Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Last Online: 07-09-2013 11:29 AM
Location: michigan
Posts: 275
Default

I would replace all those bolts more than likley they r stretched a bit from over tightening ...replace em before another breaks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Last Online: 07-06-2013 12:24 PM
Location: newmarket, canada
Posts: 13
Default

good idea

thanks dude
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Last Online: 07-06-2013 12:24 PM
Location: newmarket, canada
Posts: 13
Default

Counter clockwise correct?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Intermediate Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Last Online: 02-23-2018 09:32 AM
Location: usa/pa
Posts: 307
Default

if you can not get it with vice grips try a left hand drill bit most of the time the stud will come right out from the heat and friction of drilling if not now you have a hole for an e-z out
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Last Online: 07-06-2013 12:24 PM
Location: newmarket, canada
Posts: 13
Default

the screw was lodged in the 2" thread of the clutch center.

I ended up going to Bondi, I pulled my truck up he brought the impact gun out 2 seconds the center nut was off and I just drilled out the broken screw with no issues. Thank god.

I was getting pretty mad, I had a good work out though trying to get that nut off lol

everyone here is a great help
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-06-2013, 11:39 PM
just ride it's Avatar
Intermediate Class
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Last Online: 11-05-2018 09:38 PM
Location: usa north east
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcraig View Post
if you can not get it with vice grips try a left hand drill bit most of the time the stud will come right out from the heat and friction of drilling if not now you have a hole for an e-z out
^^^^
Do this
Reply With Quote
Reply

  All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Honda


Thread Tools


Similar Threads for: 2000 CR 250 Clutch center
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2000 Yz 125 Need Clutch HELP codybb 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Yamaha 0 05-20-2011 07:56 PM
2000 CR250 Fork Center Bolt... Ride4Lif3 Dirt Bike Suspension Tuning 2 03-25-2011 09:58 PM
LOOKING FOR: Center Clutch hub for 1989 CR250 Tonyklem Classified Ads 4 06-19-2006 10:59 PM
2000 CR 250 clutch drags oroepke 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Honda 5 08-23-2004 11:24 AM
2000 YZ125 Clutch Re-assembly,HELP motojonny 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Yamaha 7 05-16-2004 01:25 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright ©2002-2017, JDub Consulting, Inc. All Right Reserved.