All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Yamaha

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Beginner Class

Default Long wheel base vs short wheel base

Hey all,
I have just been reading about performance adjustments and believe that if i shorten the wheel base my bike will hook up better. It has plenty more power than i can use at the moment and breaks loose with ease as soon as you touch the gas.
I removed one link in the chain and havent had the chance to test it out as yet and am wondering which you guys prefer and what your experience has been of riding with short wheel base....ex: Hill climb ability, large jump stability, cornering, hook up ect?

I understand the theory in having more weight over the back wheel to create traction but should lifting the fork tubes be used as a way to shorten it also and get more weight over the front of the bike to keep the monster earthbound?
So complex how all adjustments effect other areas of the bikes handling and setting priorities can be damn pain with not much experience in this area

Cheer's

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Yamaha