All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Novice Class

Default Re: SST???

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimps
Joerider,
I was merely wondering what your comment:-"But its pretty much garenteed that it will be better than stock no matter what" was actually based on. If you think the designer and manufacturer of your bike does'nt have a clue about expansion chamber design or what works best for all round power then you are pretty much mistaken. We're not talking about some hot potch road car with a built to cost exhaust system meeting stringent noise regualtions.
Almost all tuning (assuming same capacity) is a compromise and what you lose in one area can be gained in another. Some of the pipes I have give a bigger hit and therefore the impression of more power, some of this percieved gain is actually due to the loss of power lower down. I'm not saying that they cannot improve the power for you (they can) but to expect an Awesome Power boost throughout the rev range just is not going to happen.
The fact you say they are ugly is probably a pretty good indication of why your stock pipe is so inferior to that of an aftermarket pipe manufacturer...
At least KX144 is going to use is head and speak to Eric like he said!!!!!!!
What my "But its pretty much garenteed that it will be better than stock no matter what" was based on is when my buddy and i go out and buy two of the same bikes from the dealership and come home with them we start riding. I go out and buy my FMF pipe + silencer and I only have enough money to do upgrades slowly so that is all i had. My buddys was still stock. And we are riding and we swich bikes and notice that mine has noticaibly more power all around than his stock bike thats what it was based on. Plus my experience with my other 3 RMs that i put FMF pipes on were very simiar. I dont know maby my stock pipes had a defect or something but they just plain were not and are not comparable to my FMFs. What do you mean a "Awesome Power boost throughout the rev range just is not going to happen." It sure happened on my 125 and my other bikes gained a considerable power boost over stock! I am not trying to argue but this is just the true cold cut facts!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:14 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRider
Stock pipes just dont have it and thats a fact! Plus there ugly!
You callin' my stock pipe worthless AND ugly?!

J/K...A stock bike that's not jetted on the edge will probably put up with an SST and show definate gains. However, no two bikes are exactly the same, and neither are two aftermarket pipes (even though they are similiar). It's hard to make fair comparisons...if it works for you then great.

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/photopo...ded-CR265R.jpg
Old 07-07-2005, 03:59 PM
Novice Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faded
You callin' my stock pipe worthless AND ugly?!

J/K...A stock bike that's not jetted on the edge will probably put up with an SST and show definate gains. However, no two bikes are exactly the same, and neither are two aftermarket pipes (even though they are similiar). It's hard to make fair comparisons...if it works for you then great.

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/photopo...ded-CR265R.jpg
True,,True!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums