All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Novice Class

Default question about cleaning out motor?! please help

i was just wondering how i would clean out the motor on my bike. First off, 2 nights ago my bike fell over on the stand, dont ask me how, but it did.I didnt notice it til yesterday in the morning. So after work i tryed to start it and it ran for maybe two seconds and bogged out. I tryed to kick it like what seemed 100 times then it did the same. Every couple of kicks it would backfire out the silencer and where the exhaust meets the motor and was spitting thick oil out the seal where the exhaust is. I took the motor apart only to notice that all fluids, (coolant,gas, and motor oil) mixed where the crank is. So it must have been over on its side for a good while. I drained all the coolant and motor oil, but there is still alot of coolant where the crank is, and its got a mixture of pre-mix in it. Everytime i push the kick start to turn over the motor you can see it swish up and over the crank. How can i go about draining this out of my motor, and flushing it out??? I need help asap, i dont want it rusting in there. I know it wont do it overnight or anything, but i dont wanna take any chances. I have one last bolt to have the motor off the frame and was just going to turn the motor upside down and let it all run out, and then put oil in there swish it around and then turn that upside down and let it run out. Can someone tell me how else to do it, or what steps i need to do in order to clean it??? any help will be greatly appreciated. I also need to know what else i should inspect in this situation.

Thanks

Last edited by idohcvtecexi; 07-20-2005 at 06:13 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:45 AM
Expert Class

Default Re: question about cleaning out motor?! please help

your pretty much on the right track with taking the motor out of the frame. but then you want to dump a lot of premixed gas in there and swish it around and then dump it out. you probly need to do this twice or more to get it all out then i dont see why you shouldnt be good to go unless one of the seals are gone then you need to take it to someone to have the cases split and inspected.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Novice Class

alright, thanks man. Yeah i talked to someone just awhile ago during our lunch break, and he said that i should put some HEAT or some brand like that in it depending on what solvents are in it. He said its used to soak up all the water in gas tanks and then it breaks down somehow and burns out. Im going to flush it with pre-mix then and see if it works, i dont see why it wouldnt but ill cross my fingers. thanks again for your input.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
ATM! Addict

Premix will work, but i prefer something that is less flammable. Diesel is easy to get and is pretty safe to work with.

I would be really concerned as to how the coolant got there.

good luck
Old 07-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Novice Class

for a fact i know part of it was because i didnt drain it completely out, so some of it was my fault, but theres gas in there too, you can smell it.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums