All Things Moto! Web Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Web Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums

     
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-20-2005, 10:28 PM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
2-strokes being banned?

Does anybody know when 2-strokes will be banned in California? Or everywhere? I keep on hearing in '08.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Ads
  #2  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:00 PM
Red Rider 943's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Last Online: 04-12-2006 11:09 PM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 943
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

It was supposed to be 2004, and after every year it just keeps being pushed back.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:21 PM
Keetoman393's Avatar
Da Bunny
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Last Online: 12-05-2014 11:19 AM
Location: Texas
Posts: 11,231
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

I don't think they will ever be banned. They would have to ban a lot of boats, lawn mowers, weed eaters and chainsaws if they do.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetoman393
I don't think they will ever be banned. They would have to ban a lot of boats, lawn mowers, weed eaters and chainsaws if they do.

Yeah, that's a good point. I kind of wish more people still rode 2-strokes. It would be kind of cool if they could make a seperate 125cc 2-stroke and 250cc 2-stroke class.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:38 PM
AaronRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Last Online: 01-15-2013 02:17 AM
Location: California
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

I have started thinking about all these stupid pointless laws here in CA and I decided that THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END, for ALL dirtbikes period!!!

It seems like every year more stupid regulations are being made to prevent riding. Eventually, they are going to completely ban dirtbikes altogether (hopefully I'll be dead by then)!! I am not kidding!!! There are soooo many environmentalist wackos in CA, they have nothing else to do but pick on us! Instead of banning dirtbikes all of a sudden, they are doing it in small increments. it probably wont be much longer until all OHV parks are shut down. Then they will start shutting down riding on private property because of "noise" and "dust" concerns. It will happen, its just a matter of time.....Mark my words so I can say I told you so!! Atleast we may have electric bikes for a little while before they ban those also!

I hate to say it, but many people would like to see dirtbikes become extinct, not because of noise and pollution, but because they are dirtbikes period!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:40 PM
AaronRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Last Online: 01-15-2013 02:17 AM
Location: California
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

hey shane, im going to go see StarWars right now, ill be back later. Ill call you tomorrow and let you know how Hangtown was (on saturday)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:43 PM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronRider
hey shane, im going to go see StarWars right now, ill be back later. Ill call you tomorrow and let you know how Hangtown was (on saturday)
Sounds good.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-20-2005, 11:46 PM
KKXR400R's Avatar
ATM! Pro Class
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Last Online: 12-15-2014 11:15 PM
Location: Roseburg, OR
Posts: 2,567
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Its already happening down here! They are having a city council meeting in palm desert to ban all 2 stroke lawn mowers, weed eaters and leaf blowers. Whats funny is the same people that are trying ban all this probably have thier front yard "molded" with a buch of 2 stroke machines. Its an absolute joke! Things like this get me upset and bothered. I'll shut up now
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2005, 12:17 AM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKXR400R
Its already happening down here! They are having a city council meeting in palm desert to ban all 2 stroke lawn mowers, weed eaters and leaf blowers. Whats funny is the same people that are trying ban all this probably have thier front yard "molded" with a buch of 2 stroke machines. Its an absolute joke! Things like this get me upset and bothered. I'll shut up now
all those stupid environmentalists care about is saving one stupid weed and they have enough power to bann 2-strokes. They are just a bunch of cry baby's. You know what me and my dad did on earth day??? WE RODE, AND WE RODE HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2005, 03:39 AM
AaronRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Last Online: 01-15-2013 02:17 AM
Location: California
Posts: 1,098
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneRider
all those stupid environmentalists care about is saving one stupid weed and they have enough power to bann 2-strokes.
No, they arn't going to ban 2-strokes, they are going to ban them BOTH!!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-21-2005, 04:54 AM
RICHIE500's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 09-24-2006 10:15 AM
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,803
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Hi guys..............

As I live in the UK I have never heard anything about banning 2 - strokes.
Is it just in some states in America?
Who`s trying to ban `em and why?

Could you please en-lighten me
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-21-2005, 07:18 AM
KawieRider01's Avatar
Beginner Class
 
Join Date: May 2005
Last Online: 01-16-2006 08:38 PM
Location: West Milford NJ
Posts: 48
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronRider
I have started thinking about all these stupid pointless laws here in CA and I decided that THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END, for ALL dirtbikes period!!!

It seems like every year more stupid regulations are being made to prevent riding. Eventually, they are going to completely ban dirtbikes altogether (hopefully I'll be dead by then)!! I am not kidding!!! There are soooo many environmentalist wackos in CA, they have nothing else to do but pick on us! Instead of banning dirtbikes all of a sudden, they are doing it in small increments. it probably wont be much longer until all OHV parks are shut down. Then they will start shutting down riding on private property because of "noise" and "dust" concerns. It will happen, its just a matter of time.....Mark my words so I can say I told you so!! Atleast we may have electric bikes for a little while before they ban those also!

I hate to say it, but many people would like to see dirtbikes become extinct, not because of noise and pollution, but because they are dirtbikes period!
Wow, And I thought NJ was bad.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Macho393's Avatar
ATM! Pro Class
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: saline county Arkansas
Posts: 4,032
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

phased out one day......yes maybe. banned no.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-21-2005, 09:03 AM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIE500
Hi guys..............

As I live in the UK I have never heard anything about banning 2 - strokes.
Is it just in some states in America?
Who`s trying to ban `em and why?

Could you please en-lighten me
Yeah, to my knowledge this is only happening in the states. The enviromentalists are trying to bann them because of every reason possible. For instance, "an endangered weed, to much pollution, dust problems, noise problems, they are bad for our environment, bla bla bla"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 AM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronRider
No, they arn't going to ban 2-strokes, they are going to ban them BOTH!!!

Yeah, your probably right.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-21-2005, 11:19 AM
99kx250rules's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Last Online: 02-17-2011 07:30 AM
Location: Tahlequah, OK
Posts: 516
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Not to start a political argument, but if democrats ever get the presidency and the majority it will happen sooner rather than later. Say what you will but history tells the story.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-21-2005, 11:22 AM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99kx250rules
Not to start a political argument, but if democrats ever get the presidency and the majority it will happen sooner rather than later. Say what you will but history tells the story.
Yeah, no offense to democrats but, you guys aren't helping anything at all.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-21-2005, 11:39 AM
twoofeach's Avatar
ATM! Pro Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 2,426
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHIE500
Hi guys..............

As I live in the UK I have never heard anything about banning 2 - strokes.
Is it just in some states in America?
Who`s trying to ban `em and why?

Could you please en-lighten me
I haven't heard anything about 2 strokes being banned in the UK...just toothpaste. Just kidding dude.

I'm not aware of any pending legislation but I read glipses of it hear and there. I've read about the pollution at Lake Tahoe from jet propelled water craft and red and green stickers....man, all that stuff is too hard to remember. I'm not smart enough to own a Pinger.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-21-2005, 12:20 PM
PBMAXX's Avatar
Intermediate Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Anaheim California
Posts: 141
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

It is a very serious situation here in Kalifornia. As it stands right now we have the red sticker green sticker rules which are absurd.

Starter fluid for charcoal BBQ`s is banned in most metro areas.

2 stroke lawn mowers are banned in most metro areas.

You cannot legally buy or have shipped to you a 2 stroke generator anywhere.

Most lakes ban 2 stroke outboards and the list is growing.

RICHIE500 asked:
As I live in the UK I have never heard anything about banning 2 - strokes.
Is it just in some states in America?
Who`s trying to ban `em and why?

I think it is for the most part a left coast phenomenon right now. As to who? Take your pick! Sierra club, PETA, Boxer, Feinstein, Waxman, Film Actors Guild (That's right Team America missed a few.)
The good news is that a few organizations are fighting back! Do a web search and read why it could be YOU next!
Think about it RICHIE, in the UK did people think they would be forced to pour concrete down the barrels of their guns a few years before it happened?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-21-2005, 12:26 PM
ShaneRider's Avatar
Pro Class
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Last Online: 08-11-2010 09:57 PM
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,820
Default Re: 2-strokes being banned?

what my dad is thinking about doing is buying some property in Nevada next to some government owned land. That way we will have property and then we could go ride on all the government owned land that will never be an industrial site for a looooooooooooooooong time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  All Things Moto! Web Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums


Bookmarks

Thread Tools


Similar Threads for: 2-strokes being banned?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Polls:2 strokes vs 4 strokes DRGSin393 General Discussion 21 04-04-2007 07:21 PM
BooHoo!!! Banned!! VET393 General Discussion 4 02-15-2006 07:25 PM
2-strokes banned yet again ???? Reuel General Discussion 61 11-14-2005 04:02 PM
Power & torque in 2 strokes & 4 strokes ScottF 2-Stroke Dirt Bike Forums 10 10-12-2004 11:16 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright ©2002-2014, JDub Consulting, Inc. All Right Reserved.