All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2011, 09:51 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Remembering our Friend - Cody Strout "Motokid"

It with sadness that I make this post. Our friend Cody Strout and "Honorary Master of Ceremony" at a GMB Remembering Those Who Rode Event has passed away this evening. Here on ATM he was known at MOTOKID.

When I met Cody he was 11 years old and was in the process of beating brain cancer. Cody was 17 years young when he passed this evening. He had graduated High School early and the cancer came back earlier this year in the June time frame. Unfortunately, the cancer spread and Cody suffered yet his attitude remained positive. Cody was a fighter and pillar of strength.

I remember Cody's smile. I never saw anyone smile and have such a great atitude. He displayed a strength in his fight with cancer like I have never seen. I learned allot by meeting and watching Cody. I suspect he taught many an adult a positive lesson about attitude. He grew from a young 11 year old to a fine 17 year old young man. He was a young man who touched man in his short 17 years of life.

Cody Strout will definitely "live forever in the hearts of those who loved him and had the pleasure of knowing/meeting him."

I am glad that his suffering and pain is finally over and I am so sorry for his family. This world is a better place for having had Cody Strout in for 17 years.

May Cody Strout - "Rest in Eternal Peace" and those of us who knew him will never forget his smile and his attitude. Cody you will not be forgotten!!

Please keep the Strout/Nilles Family in your prayers.

Feel free to share what you remember about our friend Cody Strout.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

An amazing young man. His fight was tough and would have brought grown ups to their knees yet at 11 years old and suffering greatly, he was all smiles GMB.

Dane and I had the pleasure of dining with him and his family that Sunday night at the end of the GMB weekend. He was still smiling as he fell asleep at the dinner table from wearing himself out that weekend. To listen to his folks speak I understood where he got his positive demeanor. His smile was contageous. Reflecting back on that weekend I would have never thought this would have been the outcome.

I too am thankful his suffering is over. No one, especially a kid, should have to be subjected to that misery. I'm confident he is in a better place and St. Peter never had to ask him any questions before he opened the Pearly Gates and allowed him access to God's kingdom.

Below is a painting by Thomas Kinkade called The Garden of Promise. This was a painting that caught my eye as I reflected on my own father's passing. The bright light in the center of the painting indicates the beyond, the afterlife if you will. Someday we will all walk that path and be reunited with our loved ones who have passed before us.

Last edited by yzernie; 10-26-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

This needs to be up to the top.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Pro Class

Yesterday I spent several hours leafing through Kenny Lau's (Awesome Shots) pictures of the 2006 GMB. For me, looking at those pictures of Cody brings things full circle.
We gather at the GMB to remember Garrett as well as those who rode. Now we will be remembering another one who "Rode With Us".

To the Strout family I offer my heartfelt prayers. Every time I visit this site, every time I see the GMB poster in my garage, every time I lay eyes on any one of my Motoman393 stickers, I will be remembering you in my prayers.

In HIS love
Boyd Koehler
Old 10-27-2011, 02:19 PM
ATM! Pro Class

The GMBV was the race where Cody Strout was the "Honorary Master of Ceremony." I would encourage all who read about this to visit the GMB Race section and check out some of the picutures that were taken. It was quite an awesome event.

Please feel free to post links and pic of your memories with Cody Strout and his family.

Please keep them in your prayers, for the journey they now begin if most challenging.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Intermediate Class

There's really nothing more that I can add to the wonderful thoughts, prayers and descriptions that have already been offered here about Cody. I too, was at the GMBV and it was an exceptional event for many reasons. Cody made a huge impact on us that weekend, what a fine young man and what a great family. I'll never forget him asking me to help him start his bike as we were in the pits...there was just something about his demeanor that grabbed you and made you feel good. I'd also like to give a nod to Cherie (RRsis) for her dedication and compassionate friendship that she had with Cody over the years - God Bless you Cherie!

Godspeed Cody...R.I.P. 'till we meet again!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode