All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Semper Fidelis

Please pause and remember

To all,
Today at the track or trail and tomorrow all day please pause and remember the light and spirit that is Garrett. On this first anniversary we need to reflect on how positively garrett affected all of us here and at Thumper Talk. We should try to emulate the caring and sharing that was Garrett's life and way. Think of how positive our sport looks because of Garrett and his family. One young man did so much for people around the world so we can surely do somethng for our communities and fellow dirt bike enthusiast.

Thank you suzette and Mike for allowing us to know Garrett and for allowing us to be a part of y'all's family now. We are all better people for knowing Garrett adn y'all.

Respectfully,
Bill
Old 09-21-2003, 08:08 AM
ATM! Addict

Default Re: Please pause and remember

Florida 393,

My family and I are headed to the track today and I was thinking the same thing. We will indeed have a moment of silence and prayer.

To the Berg family,

our thoughts and prayers are with you. We hope that you find a way with God's help to celebrate the life of Garrett during this difficult time. He was obviously a very special person and lives on in the hearts and minds of so many that he touched.
Old 09-21-2003, 10:32 AM
Expert Class

Im leaving to go riding here in a minute, he will be in my thoughts. And his family will be in my prayers.
Old 09-21-2003, 11:11 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Hello ATM,
I appreciate the kind words, thoughts and prayers! This past week has been rough and this weekend is - well lets just say real different.

I especially appreciate Bill's comments about the "light and spirit" of Garrett. I remain very humbled by Garrett's legacy, but I am very proud of his choosing to help others, not with the attitude of look how smart I am, but rather simply to just help. My son had a great heart and I have always said his spirit was one of "light" and this has helped carry me during the past year.

I have not always been a "good example" yet my son saw his Dad change and even though I still made mistakes Garrett choose to make the right choices rather than the wrong. He was a 'giver' and a helper. I remember when he was a young boy and he would say, "Hey Dad look how big I am getting?" I would say, "thats good Garrett, but what is really important about being big?" He would smile at me and his reply was always, "having a big heart Dad!"

Thanks you all - I miss my Son!
Old 09-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Semper Fidelis

A day of reflection for me

Mike,
We went to the track today and I sat in the bleachers between my motos watching John. I marvel at how he progresses now. A good friend worked with him today and he gains skills every moto. The most remarkable thing came as we went to leave; he had let a less fortunate family use his bike stand. When they bought it to him the first thing he said was keep it and we will get it next week. The man was taken aback but gave it to John saying they were finished. I see Garrett's light and his spirit working in each of us daily. Thanks be to God.

Bill
Old 09-21-2003, 07:31 PM
JOATMON

Mike and Suzette Berg, you will be in our thoughts for sure tomorrow. I can't imagine the difficulty you must have dealing with this, but I know you have the strength to carry on. Best of luck to you tomorrow and I can't wait to get to Houston and meet you guys.
Old 09-21-2003, 08:01 PM
ATM! Addict

To The Berg Family:
Acomplishments in life come and go. I got a promotion today or I got a raise or I was the first to do something. They mean different things to different people. Your children aren't an acomplishment rather than a legacy. The old saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree is so true. Your legacy in Michael is a reflection of your life. He wasn't born with a good heart he learned it. His giving and sharing legacy will burn bright here and at TT for a long time to come. Be proud of your legacy and enjoy the light and smiles he brought to all he touched and some he didn't. Our thoughts are with you in this difficult time.

Dane
Old 09-21-2003, 10:38 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I will always remember. Garrett you have truely touch my life. I will meet you one day my friend. You will always ride with me
Old 09-21-2003, 11:17 PM
ATM Contributor!

Mr. and Mrs. Berg:

As others have said, you and your family are certainly in our thoughts and prayers. It is very telling that Imahoot and I were remarking earlier that we have learned so much from ATM over the last few months. It is the spirit and inspiration of your son that clearly lives on in this small online community.

We so much look forward to meeting you next month in Splendora. Thank you for your inspiration.
Old 09-22-2003, 10:24 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Garrett,

We think of you every time we go riding and everyone MISSES YOU so dearly.

Every day we know your flying high with the eagles and roosting everyone in Heaven.

You got one heck of a fantastic family and many great friends in Texas. Keep an eye on Matt as he enters the Marines. I enjoy the times Matt keeps your dad on his toes and that's going to be greatly missed while he is gone and also keep a watchful eye on Zach as he's continues to be a great friend and a fantastic rider.

We will all be returning your roost on October 19.

After meeting your family and friends, I wish I had the honor of knowing you too. God Bless and keep looking down upon us for our safety when we are riding.

Rick McDowell, Zac Connell, and Zac Nell

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode