All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 10:17 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: Most Remeberal Moment at GMB

Easy. Watching everyone pull over at the first GMB and let Garrett and Mike finish the moto first. Completely a suprise to Mike and not a dry eye on the property. Brought it all home in one simple act. Unforgettable.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:37 PM
ATM! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 393
See Y'all there, scars and all. :

Bill
YES!!!!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:00 PM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satch0922
I keep watching this thread and try to figure out what to respond with. Quite frankly there are so many moments related to attending the GMB races and planning meetings that I would not know where to start.

One moment at the GMB II (the first one my family and I attended) that impacted me and my son Kyle is when Mike Berg stopped to talk to Kyle. He asked him about his riding (Kyle was 8 years old at the time) and gave him a quick fatherly lecture/lesson. Mike , in the midst of a GMB race with people everywhere, came over , put his hand on Kyle's shoulder and said "your motorcycle and the sports you play are great aren't they?" Kyle listening intently said "yes sir". Mike continued "My son Garrett loved his motorcycle but we had a rule....if your not doing your school work then the motorcycle is off limits. So Kyle, make sure your school work comes first because it is the most important thing....then comes motorcycles and football". To this day Kyle remembers that talk.

This may sound like a small thing but it meant a lot to me. Mike Berg has such a big heart. I saw the look in his eye when he was talking to Kyle . He looked at me and without saying a word I knew what his message to me was. Love your kids, teach them right from wrong and cherish your time with them because every minute is special.

Mike...thank you.
I remember that conversation also.
A Very Important Message from a Very Nice Man.
Mike Berg is one of the best.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:26 PM
Intermediate Class

For me, it was watching Mike on his Parade Lap at GMB1. It was a moment I will never forget.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:37 PM
ATM Contributor!

Mine had to be my first visit to the tree with Mike at GMB II....I must say I have never experianced anything like it.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:53 PM
Novice Class

Meeting everybody was a great thing for me. BUT my fav moment was when I was sitting with Dirtbikindad and mom and his boy came over the finish line on his bike and the nose was way low on the landing. WE ALL TOOK A BREATH AND SAT UP A LITTLE STRAIGHTER.... and exhaled when he landed just fine and kept blasting throught the next jump. I turned around and cut a quick joke to lighten the moment and we went on visiting! DBD and MOM, you are both such great people. Thanks to everybody for a great weekend. Felt like I fit right in and that's the way it was!!

Thanks for the killer "dogs" pop! Thanks to Mr. Berg for making sure all the Fajita meat was gone on Friday night right before TexTwister and I got there!! HAVE YOU SEEN CLAYTON? You know HE NEEDS AS MUCH FOOD AS HE CAN GET!! You know I'm just kidding Mr. Berg!! Thanks to Mrs. Berg for diggin out the Peanut Butter and Jelly while we there!!

Can't wait till next year...If I am able, I WILL BE THERE!
Old 10-05-2005, 08:53 PM
ATM! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPnSplat
Meeting everybody was a great thing for me. BUT my fav moment was when I was sitting with Dirtbikindad and mom and his boy came over the finish line on his bike and the nose was way low on the landing. WE ALL TOOK A BREATH AND SAT UP A LITTLE STRAIGHTER.... and exhaled when he landed just fine and kept blasting throught the next jump. I turned around and cut a quick joke to lighten the moment and we went on visiting! DBD and MOM, you are both such great people. Thanks to everybody for a great weekend. Felt like I fit right in and that's the way it was!!

Thanks for the killer "dogs" pop! Thanks to Mr. Berg for making sure all the Fajita meat was gone on Friday night right before TexTwister and I got there!! HAVE YOU SEEN CLAYTON? You know HE NEEDS AS MUCH FOOD AS HE CAN GET!! You know I'm just kidding Mr. Berg!! Thanks to Mrs. Berg for diggin out the Peanut Butter and Jelly while we there!!

Can't wait till next year...If I am able, I WILL BE THERE!
That was quite a heart stopping moment. We sure enjoyed you spending time with us too. I am glad you got to come and look forward to seeing you next year.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:34 AM
will fall over

Before I went to the event last October, I felt like I was part of a 'hangers on' crowd, and that I was intruding on a personal gathering of close friends. I decided to make the trip anyway, and I am glad I did.
After my first and only 'race' I went directly to Mike Berg to thank him for allowing me to be a part of this special event. I extended my exhausted hand, and stumbled over the words I had planned to say. He shook my hand and gave me a hug, and thanked ME for being there. I will never forget that. It is the thing I will remember most about GMBIV. Mr. Berg is a generous, good natured person and I am glad to have met him.
As long as there is a GMB 'Remembering Those Who Rode' Memorial race, I will be there.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode