All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome To ATM

Default Justin Taylor

I just found out today about the GMB Foundation and the Memorial Race.

We lost my nephew Justin Taylor at Village Creek on June 9th during a Ponca qualifier. Justin was 18 years old and had been riding since he was about 4 years old. Justin was such an awesome person. Justin was famous for telling others to "Follow Me Over" any time someone asked him how to do a jump or a rhythum section. Now his saying has a new meaning to all of us. All of Justin's family and friends now wear Kawaski green wrist bands that say "#97 Justin "JT" Taylor Follow Me Over. My son, Blair will be racing from here on out with a #97 front plate that says "Justin Taylor"

I wish we would have know about the race. It breaks my heart to think that no one was there to represent Justin.

I would love to know more about the foundation and I would be very interested in helping promote the organization in the central Texas area.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:44 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: Justin Taylor

Hey, Im so sorry to hear about your loss!

This is a wonderful place full of wonderful people.

Im sure someone will soon post the link for more about the foundation. I consider myself still new when it comes to knowledge about the foundation and where to find it.

Welcome to ATM.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:50 PM
cha cha

To find out more about the memorial fund, try this thread:
Garrett M. Berg Memorial Fund - Where the Money Goes....

Here's Mr Berg's vision statement:
Garrett M. Berg " Motoman393" Memorial Fund - Vision Statement

More info in general can be found in this forum:
http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-197/

For even more info, please PM Motodad393 and he can help you out.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I don't know that it's any consolation, but Justin was remembered and represented this past weekend. I don't know exactly who wore it, but someone wore a nametag with his name and date of passing. I hope that someone from your family will be able to attend next year's race.

Godspeed Justin.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
ATM Contributor!

Here's a couple of pics for you. This is the shirt many of us wore for the event. It has a list of those we remembered as we rode and raced. Justin Taylor was on the list and his name was read at the rider's meeting that morning. We would love to see you next year.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:18 AM
ATM! Pro Class

chaozmom629,
I am sorry for the loss of your nephew and I know the pain that Justin's family feels. I truly wish it were not so. The stories I have read about Justin are simply amazing. He was such a great young man. You have every right to be proud.

I can assure you that a person wore Justins name on their riding gear at the Garrett Berg Remembering Those Who Rode Memorial Race. This race occurs each year during the first full weekend in October in Splendora, Texas at the Splendora MX Park. This year was the 6th annual event. All of the names of the "fallen" on the list were worn in "remembrance" on label fixed to riding gear, helmets and shirts. Justin's name along with the date of passing was read. I personally read his name.

I know that your family will never forget Justin and rightfully so. We learn much from our young people during and after there earthly passing. If I may of some assistince to Justins family - please feel free to contact me. We will never forget Justin either - he along with many others will be remembered every year at the GMB Remembering Those Who Rode Memorial Race.

Sincerely,
Mike Berg
"Motodad393"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaozmom629 View Post
I just found out today about the GMB Foundation and the Memorial Race.

We lost my nephew Justin Taylor at Village Creek on June 9th during a Ponca qualifier. Justin was 18 years old and had been riding since he was about 4 years old. Justin was such an awesome person. Justin was famous for telling others to "Follow Me Over" any time someone asked him how to do a jump or a rhythum section. Now his saying has a new meaning to all of us. All of Justin's family and friends now wear Kawaski green wrist bands that say "#97 Justin "JT" Taylor Follow Me Over. My son, Blair will be racing from here on out with a #97 front plate that says "Justin Taylor"

I wish we would have know about the race. It breaks my heart to think that no one was there to represent Justin.

I would love to know more about the foundation and I would be very interested in helping promote the organization in the central Texas area.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Beginner Class

It breaks my heart every time I hear the MX community lost another family member. When my nephew Brett Downey was killed 3 years ago God brought a wonderful man & group in to my life...yes that awesome man was Michael Berg aka Motodad393. It was great to see Justin's name on the shirt & to know he was remembered at this years Garrett Berg Remembering Those Who Rode Memorial Race.

Your family will be in my prayers!

Sincerely,
Renae' Downey
38 Forever Our Angel!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I rode with the name Justin Taylor June 9th, 2007 on my helmet. He was not forgotten.

Last edited by Motodad393; 02-04-2008 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode