All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Beginner Class

I am very sorry about you loosing your friend.
But think of it this way, he didn't suffer from a lingering disease, he didn't die alone, and he died doing something fun. Just remember the good times you shared. I am sure he wouldn't want you dwelling on how he died.
I am sure he is now riding with all the other riders who has passed before us.
Prayers sent.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 PM
ATM Contributor!

That must have been quite traumatic to see him ride off the cliff.
I am fortunate enough to be part of a pretty close group of riders/racers. Several of us are well over 40. Once in awhile I think about the day one of us passes. It will be difficult to say the least. Hang in there my fellow rider!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
cha cha

I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend, Saltpacker. I agree with Jedi, that must have been very difficult for you to witness.

Godspeed, Jerry Sales. You will not be forgotten.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Pro Class

Sorry to hear about your friend Jerry, it must be hard specially during this time of the holiday season. Good friends some times can be closer to you than your own family or feel like they are part of your family and that's how I feel Jerry was to you from you post.

More prayers for Jerry's family and you from Texas...

God Speed Jerry..........
Old 12-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Semper Fidelis

Unhappy

Man that is a real gut check for you. My prayers for your friend, his family and you. Please let us know if we can do anything for his family or if you just need to vent. Be strong.

Bill
Old 12-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Beginner Class

thankyou to all that have posted on this site on the passing of my riding brother jerry sales.i know that all of the reply's i have gotten are heartfelt and truly well intintioned,mr. berg i am very gratefull for your concern as i know what you have been through these last 5-6 years,jerry passed away 12-07-08 and was creamated as was his wish.i thank you all for your respect in this time of grief for his family and friends.jerry leaves behind a wife ,3 grown children all men whom also ride and a 16 year old girl who is beside herself as to what she is going to do now that her daddy is gone,i weep for her as she cherised her dad more than life itself,we will spead his remains on the trails he and i and his sons rode on for tha last 30 years,and thank the lord for his friendship,and being a father and husband above all.he is and always will be my partner. i loved jerry,he was my best sidekick always through thick and thin i will never be the same.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:04 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltpacker View Post
thankyou to all that have posted on this site on the passing of my riding brother jerry sales.i know that all of the reply's i have gotten are heartfelt and truly well intintioned,mr. berg i am very gratefull for your concern as i know what you have been through these last 5-6 years,jerry passed away 12-07-08 and was creamated as was his wish.i thank you all for your respect in this time of grief for his family and friends.jerry leaves behind a wife ,3 grown children all men whom also ride and a 16 year old girl who is beside herself as to what she is going to do now that her daddy is gone,i weep for her as she cherised her dad more than life itself,we will spead his remains on the trails he and i and his sons rode on for tha last 30 years,and thank the lord for his friendship,and being a father and husband above all.he is and always will be my partner. i loved jerry,he was my best sidekick always through thick and thin i will never be the same.
Saltpacker,
Thank you for providing the date of Jerry's untimely passing. I have taken the liberty to add the name of Jerry Sales to the "List" that will forever "Remember Those Who Rode."

The days ahead will be difficult and I would suggest that you and Jerry's family focus on remembering the "light" of Jerry's life. I would suspect that if Jerry could he would encourage his children to move forward remembering not his passing, but his life and to make good decision that will bring on a heavenly smile to their dad.

Those who pass before us will always be "remembered" if we cherish our memories of them and the great things we learned from them in their life and will eventually come to realize from their passing. The memories and love will remain in our hearts and can sustain us in the dark days IF we allow them to.

As I mentioned before I would be happy to speak with Jerry's Family as one who knows what they are feeling. Please keep us posted and how his family is doing.

May Jerry Sales Rest in Eternal Peace and ride and roost in the heavenly realm!

Please do not be afraid to contact me if you so feel inclined.

In sympathy and sincerity,

Mike Berg
"Motodad393"

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Remembering Those Who Rode