All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Races

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2003, 10:52 PM
JOATMON

Default Splendora Ride Report

OK, here's the whole nine yards on the ride report since some of you are jonesing for it bad.
The track was pure AWESOME, it was a perfect track for a green horn like me. I'm having kind of a hard time with the exact track layout, but it was a lot of fun- a lot of variety in the jumps and a few rutted out straights. I wasn't confident enough to jump the doubles, but I had a lot of fun on the table tops and step-ups. I never did hit the triple step up, but I did do a double step up and ALMOST cleared the table tops. I did manage to clear the finish line double step up too The track wasn't too technical, just a lot of fun. IMO, it was the perfect track, I wish I lived a little closer
I'll fill in what I can of the layout, and let the others fill in the gaps.
The start was sandy and fairly deep, then a short quick left right into the rhythm section. The fast guys would triple-triple the rhythm section, I took them one at a time LOL. A short right led up to the first table top. After the table, a fairly tight right led into a rutted straight, followed by a tight left-hander into the whoops. The whoops were a lot of fun. Another right into a double step up followed the whoops. This is where I'm fuzzy... so someone please help me out up until the table top before the triple step-up. After the table top and triple step up, you make a right hander in a bermed corner. This is the berm that Garrett launched over the day he was killed. A full 180 degree turn into the finish line double step-up, followed by another double step up. Then there was a right turn followed by a rutted approach to the triple. Then a left-hander, over a double step-up, and a right turn takes you back to the rhythm section.
The track for me was major fun... it was just technical enough to push me a little, but still open enough for me to enjoy myself. Everyone really liked the track, the layout was perfect. Sunday morning there were a few sloppy spots, but other than that the track was perfect. Couldn't have asked for better conditions for the race!
I hope this is what some of you were looking for
Old 10-23-2003, 01:32 AM
Expert Class

Default Re: Splendora Ride Report

OK after the step-up it turns into a hard packed rutted s curve to a 180 turn little str8 to a slight left to a little double step-up down a little to a hard inside left hander to a sandy 180 right hander down a str8 to a double down a little more into a extremely sandy/muddy right hand sweeper corner, to a rutted str8, up a step up, to a hard packed slight left curving str8 to a 90 degree left hander to a double then to the table cowboy takes you from there.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Races