All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Races

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2003, 07:53 AM
ATM! Addict

Default Re: Garrett Michael Berg Memorial Race Entry Form!

I would race that class to Woody but you know there is a "Kirtwell" in there too! This is gonna be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:18 AM
ATM Contributor!

Yes it is.

I am really looking forward to it.
Old 09-05-2003, 01:55 PM
Expert Class

In all honesty guys. I don't think I'll do that well this time around. I lost my desire to train and I'm in terrible shape.

I'm 39 and I'll probably enter the O40 class provided there's no objections from the other old dudes...

I'm glad I got ya worked up anyway

In the event I podium on the TTalk class. I give that trophy to anyone who didn't win a trophy that came from out of state to be there. It's my way of giving something to others that made sacrifices to be there.

I can't wait to ride at Splendora again. It's my favorite track and the weather should be perfect. I'm looking foward to seeing all the guys again: Mr Berg, Big Maico, Private Tyler, SuperDuper Machoman, Bill from Florida, KTM, Matt, Keith,EGO, everyone else that was there last year and this year's meeting.

I've thought alot about Garrett this year. Probably everytime I go riding I think about what it would be like if he were still alive.

This race, Gathering, is in his honor and for those that are not decided yet on going...Please set your plans to be there. I went last year not knowing what to expect and almost canceled my plans the day before because I was like...These people don't even know me...WHO Care's if I Don't show UP...I never even met Garrett.

But I went anyway...me and my son.....

It was a weekend that will be with me for the rest of my life. And I promise that you will not forget it either, so please be there if you can possibly make it.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:16 PM
Pro Class

I received the trophy from Curtis last year. It is a honorable thing that he gave me the trophy, I was humbled.

Lets not forget that the reason for the ThumperTalk Class is to Honor a fallen Hero. YES I will call Garrett a hero, I believe he is and still influences me as I reflect on our short Earthly friendship.

The ThumperTalk class race is a Dedication to Motoman393, remembering Garrett in what he loved to do, Race and work on his Bike as he helped others.

The ThumperTalk Class race is a Dedication to a BROTHER who will forever ride with each and every person whom he touched.

The ThumperTalk Class race is Dedicated to the Rider Motoman393, Honoring Motodad393, Motomom393 and Motosis393 with the absolute of knowing that the OVERALL WIN belongs to Motoman393.

This is an unspoken Rule in the ThumperTalk Class Race, All who ride the event in Both Moto's no matter what Position they are in at the White flag lap Will STOP at the Berm Prior to the Checkered flag, Dismount and in a show of Honor and Respect to MOTOMAN393 Let the RIGHTFUL Win go to MOTODAD393 in Honor of His Son Garrett.

Once The 393 Bike takes the Moto Win Each Rider will Follow in PLACE as they finished BEHIND 393.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:18 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I concere with Kirtwell,

I arranged my Thanksgiving vacation to spend it with my old college roomate and his family in Sugarland, Tx and then planned on going to watch the GMB #1 race and to meet all these people that I had interfaced with over the internet after Garrett's death, not knowing a single one only by a screen name and posting.

At the race, my friend Mike, his boys, and myself were greeted with open arms. I got to meet Matt Sandt, Zac Bazzy and Mark (machoman) right off the bat and then they introduced me to the other members. I enjoyed talking to Florida393, his son John (who's bike I accidently knocked over, and get razzed about all the time), Madman393, Big Maico, Keeto, Kirtwell, Ego393, and the rest of the gang.

The biggest highlight was to finally meet Mr. and Mrs. Berg and their daughter Shannon. Mrs. Berg invited me to eat lunch with them and I enjoyed the time sitting down and talking to her.

Before I left, I presented a memorial gift to Mrs. Berg and we hugged each other and gave each other a teary fairwell. I will never forget that day for as long as I live as its burnt into my heart.

I am very proud and honored to be helping with this year's race and look forward to seeing all my fellow brother riders and to meet all the new ones coming this year.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:22 PM
JOATMON

Quote:
Originally posted by KTM250rm
I am very proud and honored to be helping with this year's race and look forward to seeing all my fellow brother riders and to meet all the new ones coming this year.
You can say that again. Amanda and I are getting really excited, just can't wait to meet everyone and get to spend a few days worrying about nothing but having fun and BIKES!
Old 09-05-2003, 02:28 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I almost forgot that Chase and Amanda (Cowboy and Cowgirl) will be our GMB #II Memorial Race Ambassadors.
Old 09-05-2003, 02:29 PM
JOATMON

How could you forget, you're the one that nominated us : Not exactly sure what all that will entail, but I'm sure we can handle it
Old 09-07-2003, 09:48 AM
ATM! Addict

Default Form Sent in!

Alright guys I put my entry in the mail last Tuesday! (Man I need to get in shape quick...two classes????)

We are heading out to Village Creek today, rode Mosier Valley last weekend .....now if only they sold cajones at the track!!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 07:42 PM
ATM Contributor!

I am with you Satch.

I am going for 2 classes as well, I had better get some practice in soon...

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Races