All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Semper Fidelis

Usflag Re: A Very Special Day!

All my prayers for the strength Mike, Suzette and Shannon need will be constant. All of ATM is here for the Bergs, they are the soul of this site and of thre Band of Brothers. God be with them in this time of their need.

Respectfully,
Bill
Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: A Very Special Day!

Thank all for the well wishes folks. We sure appreciate it. Garrett would have 23 today. I wonder what he would have gotten his college degree in, what he would be doing for a living and wonder what he would have looked like. But I guess this is natural. For some reason, this day has been easier for me than his 21st birthday was. Perhaps it is because I am traveling on business in Colorado. It was nice waking up and seeing the Rocky Mountains.

I talked with Suzette a couple hours ago and her day has been more challenging. I am sure being in the house and waiting for Shannon to finish work make her mind wander. She said that she went and put some new flowers at his grave today and she said that "it seemed to help." She sounded OK but I am sure she just wants tomorrow to get here if that makes any sense.

You know as far as Garrett's legacy - I am fairly confident that he would be very humbled by all this and that he would take it in stride. I think he would be a bit "shy" by all this too. He was just being Garrett, perhaps thats why ATM and what has grown to be "Remembering Those Who Rode" would make him proud. MX was his passion and he loved the people who do it.

May we as a group of people always "Remember Those Who Rode" and may we cherish the memories and apply the knowledge we learned from them all
to our daily lives.

Thanks again for caring and please be careful when you ride. Life is precious and it never seems to last quite long enough.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:58 PM
ATM Contributor!

Very appropriately put, Mr. Berg. You're a wise man.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Hook'Em

I have know idea about what his degree would be, but I would be willing to bet he would have a factory ride by now or very close. The way he rode, there is no doubt in my mind. Happy Birthday bro! GS393
Old 06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Pro Class

Mike,

You know your whole family is in my prayers, today and forever.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Expert Class

happy birthday garrett
ur in my prayers
Old 06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Da Bunny

Happy Birthday, Garrett.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

Mike,
I had a tough day at work today but after reading this it makes all that seem so very insignificant. On this day my thoughts and prayers are with you, Suzette and Shannon. You are a good man Mike and the wisdom you share with all of us here about being a parent, being a good person and how to handle life's problems is absolutely priceless. May God continue to hold his healing hand on you, Suzette and Shannon. I am proud to be able to call you my friend and may God bless you.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Semper Fidelis

Usflag Re: A Very Special Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post
Mike,
I had a tough day at work today but after reading this it makes all that seem so very insignificant. On this day my thoughts and prayers are with you, Suzette and Shannon. You are a good man Mike and the wisdom you share with all of us here about being a parent, being a good person and how to handle life's problems is absolutely priceless. May God continue to hold his healing hand on you, Suzette and Shannon. I am proud to be able to call you my friend and may God bless you.
Very well said Ernie. It gives you a perspective on what blessings you actually have and how we can let little things seem so troublesome. Yes, they are our current problems but when I read through this thread and then go back to the original TT thread and the basis threads here when we founded the site in Dec 02 I still cry and feel so humbled by Garrett's spirit and how the Bergs have welcomed everyone into their lives since that horrible day in September.

I can picture Garrett with an Texas A&M degree in mechanical engineering (yes I am prejudiced towards engineering, shoot me) and probably an expert in fluid dynamics. His web pages on forks and suspension theory, I still refer to, along with the devices he made himself lead me to believe we have been shorted one smart engineer in our world and our sport. Sorry for being long here, I got to go this still hurts to deeply.

Bill
Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 393 View Post
Very well said Ernie. It gives you a perspective on what blessings you actually have and how we can let little things seem so troublesome. Yes, they are our current problems but when I read through this thread and then go back to the original TT thread and the basis threads here when we founded the site in Dec 02 I still cry and feel so humbled by Garrett's spirit and how the Bergs have welcomed everyone into their lives since that horrible day in September.

I can picture Garrett with an Texas A&M degree in mechanical engineering (yes I am prejudiced towards engineering, shoot me) and probably an expert in fluid dynamics. His web pages on forks and suspension theory, I still refer to, along with the devices he made himself lead me to believe we have been shorted one smart engineer in our world and our sport. Sorry for being long here, I got to go this still hurts to deeply.

Bill
Bill,
Thanks for sharing your heart here. You are a good man. I am honored to have you as a Brother.

I very much appreciate your call yesterday at the "Memorial Race." I am sorry I could not take your call at the time. Things were fairly hectic and I was trying to keep an eye on Howard! I will call you later today and we can chat. You may not have been there physically, but "many of us knew who's hearts were there in abstention!" We did talk about you and it was good!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History