All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2005, 09:40 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Garrett M. Berg Memorial Fund - Where the Money Goes....

Greetings ATMers,
This post will provide a few examples of how the Memorial Funds have been and are being used. I apologize for not posting this information sooner. Hopefully, in some small way this shows our intention to "give back" to a community of people whom gave so much to me and my family during the darkest hours imaginable - that community is know as "the Family of those whom ride off-road motorcycles."

* Families of Fallen Riders.
* Families of riders who have children with Autism and Cancer.
* Educational funds for riders.
* One time donation to Garrett's High School Class.
* The Clayton Foundation - helps riders hurt during a race [Great Foundation]
* Blueribbon Coalition - Fights to keep off-road riding places open for us.
* ATM Member's in need of medical assistance.
* Memorial Funds established for "Fallen Riders."
* San Jacinto Cycle Park - One time legal fee donation [keep track open].

Hopefully, this helps people understand how and why the funds are used. When I have questions associated with the Garrett M. Berg Memorial Fund, I consult with "The Band of Brothers 393."

Thank you for your continued support and loving friendship.

Sincerely,

Michael E. Berg
"Motodad393"

Last edited by Big Maico 393; 08-20-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:00 AM
ATM! Addict

Default Re: Garrett M. Berg Memorial Fund - Where the Money Goes....

This my fellow ATMers is one small reason why we attend and support the GMB races. If you can make it to this years GMB race to meet the people and support the fund please do so. You will never regret attending just once.

***Warning***

Attending a GMB race weekend can be habit forming and even cause an addiction.
Attendees: There will be plenty of support should you become addicted to laughing, crying, and sharing the best time of your off-road riding life with new found friends.
There is also an extreme probability of life long friendships being made. This is a terminal condition that you will not be able to cure. However there is a support site to help you with this terminal affliction. It is Allthingsmoto.com if you log on and ask for help you will find a tremendous response from the members, of which many suffer from the same symptoms as yourself.

Please attend a GMB function at your own risk and desire.

GMB Addiction Council of America.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:06 PM
ATM Contributor!

Default Re: Garrett M. Berg Memorial Fund - Where the Money Goes....

Thanks for sharing this Mike. It is an awesome reminder of how much attending and supporting GMB events benefits our community. What has been created out of so much heart ache is amazing.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History