All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 02:21 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Not sure why, but I stumbled on this today and re-read it. I cannot believe it has been over 6 years since I was 'forced' to write this from a sleep with sentences flying through my brain. I took a short time to write and I went back to bed. Man I resisted writing this for at the time it was so dark and raw. Still I teared up and I was blown away of how "vivid" this remains to me. I remember it as if it were yesterday!

Man I miss my son. It has been 439 weeks and 4 days.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:39 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I have never met you Mr Berg, and I never met your son, however your story and your poem have deeply touched me today. This is for a far different reason that you may believe, I was the son in this type of relationship. Now I am the father and all my boys ride, I aspire to be the type of father you are one who helped his son achieve and stood by his side. You are truly an inspiration to people that life will continue, it will not be easy and as the pain may never fully go away I pray for peace to you and your family that you may be comforted in knowing that you are a great father.

I lost a brother last thanksgiving and we continue to deal with the knowledge that he is not coming home, it has taken a toll on the family and people that were close to him. In reading your poem I am able to relate as I know that our brother is always with us in our hearts and minds.

Thank you and may you find the peace that you so greatly deserve.

Thanks
Scott

Last edited by dodging_roost; 02-17-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

Losing a loved one is always tough. I cannot fathom the suffering associated with the loss of a child. Over the last few years I have come to know Mr. Berg and that sometimes makes me feel worse about Garrett's passing. He is a truly good man and was not deserving of his loss.

Although a challange, he has persevered these tough times and he is a man I can honestly say I respect and hold above many others. Stay strong my brother and the good memories can never be taken. Garrett rides with you every time you throw a leg over that Raider!!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:04 AM
ATM! Pro Class

I would be amiss if I didn't share one thing, I hope this helps Mr. Berg. I was in 2 very serious motocorss accidents in 2004 and 05 the first one ALMOST took my life, I was bleeding in my brain for 3 days. During that time in my hospital room I felt a presence of my 2 grandfathers who had passed. They sat quietly in a chair across the room from me and provided me with great comfort from the fear that I was feeling. They took turns sometimes it was Grampa Ralph, Sometimes it was Grampa Dan.

I believe our loved ones after their passing visit us from time to time when we are most in need of them and that they keep us safe in times of great peril.

I know Garrett is with you when you ride and not because of what you have said, but because what I too have been through, I know my grandfather and brother are with me when I ride watching over me and protecting me.

Thanks
Scott

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History