All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Expert Class

Default Re: "That Final Day"

Likewise. It is my firm wish and hope that Garrett will never truly die, as well that none of us ever truly do. I have the very strong belief that our actions and the love that others have held for us keeps us alive. I'm sure I'm speaking for everyone - a feeling that is comforting and somewhat discomforting - because I fear stepping out on a limb so among people I've never met, but I can only humbly say once again (for me) how absolutely magical it has been to have been touched so often by Garrett... And in that case, though it may be little consolation for your loss, Mr. Berg, we have all been so blessed so many times over by your son.

Jim
Old 02-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Semper Fidelis

Unhappy Our words do not do your pain any justice

Mike,
I cannot even begin to imagine your pain. I have wondered continuously why one man has his son to treasure and another looses his, along with the joy and wonder they bring. I pray for you and yours daily, hoping that your pain will dull. I know it will never leave, as Garrett's spirits never leaves all of us. I do pray that you can find some peace in the fact Garrett and now you touch so many lives in such a positive way.

It is strange to me how someone I only know from reading his intelligent and humerous posts can cause me to hurt so deeply. If I take something away from this that is positive it is that I make sure I make the most of my time with John. I see a lot of the positive things Garrett showed us in him and I am greatful you and Suzette have taken us in to your family. As my brother you and the others of the Band of Brothers from 2002 I have grown as a father and a man. The lives you and Garrett have touched are too numerous to list or even try to name. Please know y'all continue to touch and effect us daily. I look forward to seeing you and Suzette and our Brothers soon. be strong and know we all love and care for you and your family.

Semper Fi!,
Bill
Old 02-07-2005, 09:27 AM
ATM Contributor!

Wow Mike....I really don't know what else to say.

You have been thru some horrendous pain my friend. Anytime I feel as though life has beat me down or delt me a crappy hand so to speak I think of you and what you have went thru with the loss of your son. You have endured so much Mike, and I respect the living hell out of you man.

God Bless you Mike and may this pain you feel in your heart someday dwindle.
Old 02-07-2005, 11:07 AM
ATM Contributor!

Mike, as others have said, Garrett continues to live through all of us in each and every post, group ride and gathering. It is amazing that most of us here never met Garrett, but through you we get to know him a little better each day.

I cannot think of anything to say that could provide comfort to the pain described in the poem, other than to say we are all here for you and your family and we are thinking and praying for you guys.
Old 02-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Expert Class

Mike,
Since the first day I met you, you and your family have been a huge inspiration to me. I hope the knowledge that you and Garret have helped so many people in their day to day lives, eases some of the pain.

I almost did not walk across the parking lot that day at 3-Palms, I felt I might be bothering you, boy am I glad I made that walk.

Thank You for being such an inspiration to so many!
Old 02-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Pro Class

Glad to see Your writeing again Mike
And hope it brings You alittle PEACE
and LOOKIN to hangout again soon!
Don W.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:06 PM
ATM! Addict

Mike,

We have all talked about "That Final Day" and we have tried to imagine how it must have felt.. but we can not begin to imagine. We all share the joy of celebrating Garrett's life and we share the pain of your loss. Tonight my wife and I watched the GMB III DVD and we looked at each other and we were both in tears. Some may ask how two people that never had the oppportunity to meet someone can be affected like that. I can tell you that it is because we have come to know you, Suzette and Shannon and we feel like your part of our family. We all know through countless examples that Garrett was an exceptional young man.

I know you have heard this before but you should hold your head high...your son still lives....in the hearts of many. I admire your strength and I thank you for letting us be a part of your family.

Brent
Old 02-08-2005, 08:31 PM
Pro Class

Hey Mr. Berg!

That is a very awesome poem man! Even though i never met Garrett, I have heard many many stories about him from The Bazzys and Matt Sandt. Watching the GMBIII video and seeing how this loss brought all of us together is amazing! One young man who most of us have never met has helped create a bond between us all! Thanks Mr. Berg! Feel better bro! LETS GO RIDE I would most definately love to see you at splendora more often! Just PM me and lets go

-Michael Bryan Fuhre
Old 02-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Class

Mr. Berg,
All though never having the pleasure of meeting you or your son I could not help but shed a few tears as I read your poem. As a father I can only imagine the pain. I know nothing I say can heal the hurt you have but as you share your feelings at least know that you are in our prayers. And know that the words of your writing have made some of us stop and reflect on our relationships with our own children, to be sure we don't take them for granted and that we charish every day with them. Thank you.

May you find the peace you are looking for.
Mike Vanderpool
Old 02-08-2005, 10:43 PM
Intermediate Class

Mr. Berg,
Thank you for sharing with us. I felt glad to meet you last month at David's House and again at Splendora. I feel like writing is kind of magic as a way to deal with feelings. It clarifies what you are feeling and thinking in a way that thinking alone never can. And in this case it allows us, your friends, to become closer to you. Writing about loss is more than cathartic, somehow.

I know. I lost my dad when I was 7. My sisters were 6 and 3, and my brother was 6 months old. Not until I was in grad school did I learn to deal with my loss. My thesis show ( my degree was in fine art - printmaking and sculpture ), was about loss - the loss of my childhood and my father. I had over twenty pieces in the show. The show was a success, but it was more than that to me. It was a living memorial to my father. It was not the exact same as writing - more of visual writing. I finally "buried" my father and my demons too.

I just want you to know that when you write like that, you are creating. In my opinion, that is an activity near and dear to G_d's heart - because that is what he is - the creator. I think he honors your creation [poem] and grieving. My heart hurts for your loss, even though I never met Garrett. Please know you are loved and respected around here Mr. Berg.

Your writings and poems are living memorial of Garrett. Keep them coming as often as you need to. They can only help you and make you stronger. I know you really don't know me, but I just wanted to speak to you. My prayers are with you.
Chris

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History