All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: Allthingsmoto.com

Macho,
Once again your heart felt expressions leave these old eyes of mine all teary-eyed and a warm feeling in my heart. I remain humbled by all these events and changes in people since Garrett died. The impact Garrett unknowingly had simply blows me away. It has been 209 weeks and 4 days since he died.

All of this is just one of many examples of how tragic events in our lives are often used for good, even though much pain is left in many people. Even though the "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Races are painful for me and my family - we see the good that has grown from the life/death of Garrett.

I hope that these annual events continue to help and comfort those who mourn the loss of a child or loved one. For me, I want those parents to know they are not alone in their grief and pain and that others who mourn know there pain. Simply knowing that people truly care - can often help.

As people we learn and grow from those people we love and we can also learn much from those we mourn. Learning from a loss is more difficult because of the personal pain, but the rewards can be fulfilling as we watch people become better dads, husbands and more focused on those things that really matter in life.

Macho, you simply have a way at tugging the ole heart strings. I am looking very forward to seeing you again and meeting your family.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
ATM Contributor!

Though this post seems a little random to me, I won't ask why, but agree with what was said. Roost on...
Old 09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Wood-dog(I call your brother Woodrow) hopefully one day you can attend a GMB event and it will not seem random to you. To see guys openly shead a tear with other guys about the lost of a loved one, to feel the lost of that loved one and to think or look over at your family and have the understanding of how much of a treasure they are, is point of it all. To be the guy or gal who pats you on the back or hugs your neck during those times.
I'm telling you I was there on the 1st GMB standing on the side of the track as Mike Berg did the lap of Honor. Knowing this man is wanting nothing more than to be with his son and he is roosting the track to show us what his heart is made of. Then you look and see other grown men and ladys, like yourself, openly crying in the open for the love of this family. Each one of us wanting nothing more than to wish it all away!
Then as you spend time getting to talk with other people and ride beside them in the Garrett Berg Moto(TT/ATM class). Stopping during the race and having Motodad take the checkers. Its so freaking awesome. If a person really comes to experince the event and not the "ride" they understand.
When its over there is a bond of the heart period. Most of these people make up ATM....the core. So I have seen some slight hurt feelings here arise between some great people who have become like family(people who care about others more than just saying howdy) because of this event. Instead of calling people out which I have did in the past and was wrong. I hoped to write (mostly to me and my dear friends) and let them feel what over time we sometimes forget.That life is short and friends are a treasure that we need to protect and stand beside. Nothing more ....nothing less. I hope this helps anybody get the chance to open their palm and shake anothers hand while looking them in the eye and know they are a true friend they don't want to lose.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Da Bunny

You said it Macho. Life is short and friends and family are all we really have.

P.S. I didn't mean short friends. lol
Old 09-14-2006, 08:21 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Mike, Looking forward to looking you in the eye and hugging your neck!

ps and Keeto....and the list goes on ...and on....like the bunny.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:28 PM
ATM! Pro Class

this is what I'm talking about right here
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110033463910

I know this man loves people and his guitar,but he is selling it to give back alittle of his heart to another who will need the support.That is what its about...
Old 09-15-2006, 05:49 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Nice ax, like to play that one.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 PM
ATM! Addict

Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Old 09-16-2006, 08:38 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Boy if this thread don't make me want to give Mikie and Sam a extra hug and kiss!

THANKS!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Garrett Michael Berg "Remembering Those Who Rode" Memorial Foundation > GMB Background and History