All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Miscellaneous Forums > Photo & Video

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: RC's pass on CR

There's no such thing as a level 3 shoulder separation. It's either seperated, or it isn't. I asked my wifes Dr. that she works for about it, and he laughed. Either Reed is riding around with shoulder out of socket, or he's just riding through alot of pain from it being put back in place. I still say Reed is a poofta. An Ego is actually Reed's jock strap cleaner.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 PM
ATM Contributor!

Interesting conversation. I think it's funny that we're arguing whether or not he's lying, which I personally think is ludicrous. Why would he lie? I can't see anything to gain from it. He's still the 3rd place rider, injury or not. I was just glad to see he and RC actually battled, as that hasn't happened in a while.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:53 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I'm not arguing that he's not injured. Ligaments take a long time to heal because of no direct blood flow. I've separated my shoulder before. Just the announcers make it sound like his arm is hanging off the center of his back.

Maybe Reed should drop out and concentrate on the Outdoor season coming up?

Here's Houston

1.RC
2.JS
3.KW
Old 03-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKi
There's no such thing as a level 3 shoulder separation. It's either seperated, or it isn't. I asked my wifes Dr. that she works for about it, and he laughed. Either Reed is riding around with shoulder out of socket, or he's just riding through alot of pain from it being put back in place. I still say Reed is a poofta. An Ego is actually Reed's jock strap cleaner.
Thats funny, because my orthopaedic surgeon used that exact terminology (OK, he said "grade" rather than "level" but that is mere semantics) when describing my shoulder separations. As I understand it, it has to do with the number of ligaments damaged.

Oh yeah, ligaments don't heal, ever. Once they're broken, they stay broken. OK, technically they can heal but they're also significantly weaker afterwards and more than likely will not stay healed for long. The joint is stabilized by strengthening the surrounding muscle tissue.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Hey thanks for that. My wife is going to school to be a PA. It's always good to get a engineers input though.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:23 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Here's a good picture for reference to Reed's injury.

An now back to your regular scheduled program.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Who said Level
Old 03-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Just the announcers make it sound like his arm is hanging off the center of his back.
Oh man, I had a good laugh at that one.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 AM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk
Because the guy leading the race is getting away while he's stuck behind Reed. Every lap he stayed behind Reed put Stewart further ahead.
I thought the pass was kind of funny myself, in that RC stopped completely and looked at Reed, then went on his merry way. He didn't make contact, he merely parked his bike in front of him. Taking away the other guy's line isn't a dirty move, it's an accepted part of racing in ANY form. Punting over the tuff blocks is a dirty move, but parking in front of him isn't.
I agree it was not a dirty move, but it was uncalled for and stupid.. Coming to a complete stop in a corner and looking back lets the leader gain more time than just staying on the gas and making a clean pass, if your fast enough. That looked like the crap Grant was pulling in the early rounds of Lites.. RC should be better than that.

And then RC went off the track, skipped a few whoops to stay ahead of Reed, which I didn't think was right. Yes he didn't gain an advantage so technically he didn't break any AMA rules, but I though that was shakey too. Then he makes another mistake and Reed gets by, had a chance to just stuff RC right back and doesn't, he shows RC some respect, on the track at least.

I don't think there is any real bad blood, I'd say Reed is just upset with the whole thing. Reed won a title, but all the press, magazines, and SX fans could say was "RC was out and Bubba is still in 125s, not a real championship."

I'm sure this sets bad with him, he comes back this year faster than he has ever been, and RC has gotten faster and he still can't keep up. Guys that are as competitive as these guys are, just have a hard time admitting defeat gracefully, and by no means can be happy about it.

Last edited by HiG4s; 03-28-2006 at 07:00 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:33 AM
ATM Contributor!

My take on the pass....it was good racing, aggressive yes, but that is what you are supposed to be, it's motocross, not synchronized swimming.

As for the whole reed shoulder thing.....has anyone stopped and thought that maybe, just maybe his shoulder IS hurt and he is just riding thru the pain? If it was Bob Hannah, Rick Johnson, or someone of the like, everyone would say "wow...now that's tough." But because it's a mild mannered Chad Reed, he's got to be faking it right? Come on. :

I have had a grade 3 separation of my right shoulder, actually my neurologist said it was the worst separation he has ever seen in his life, my arm was behind my head, it hurt like hell, but if I was going to lose out on a possible shot at a championship, my butt would be out there....just like Reed.

How about a little respect for the 3rd fastest man in the world instead of all this ragging?Frankly, until any of you can go one lap around a supercross track and jump 1/2 of the obstacles, I really don't want to hear it.

Rant mode off.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Miscellaneous Forums > Photo & Video