All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > Dirt Bike Suspension Tuning

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2004, 03:02 AM
Intermediate Class

Default Shocknut - Questions about your products

I was surfing your website (www.trakcontrol.com) and looking at some of the stuff you have and I'm wondering what some of them do.

What is the "Fork & Shock Ultra adjusters - High/Low capacity - Ultimate shock tuning" Is that an adjustor that has more "clicks" then a stock unit?

And what are the "Works" ABS cones?

The ultra adjusters seem pretty cool if they do what I think they do.

I am seriously thinking of trying to figure out how all this stuff works and so I can learn it and maybe ... just maybe be a local "shocknut." This stuff really interests me.
Old 01-31-2004, 03:21 AM
Expert Class

Default Re: Shocknut - Questions about your products

The fork and shock adjusters are coming off the list. I've sold one I think in the last 4 years. Basically the shock adjusters were for shocks that didn't have the high/low capability.

The ABS cones were a hot product fro YZ fork conversion up until a year or so ago and interest in them died as well. They are worth every penny in my opinion but nobody opts for them anymore.

These were all products from C Cycle that I sold and installed. I really need to update that damn site. Know anybody that knows how to do that Woody?
Old 01-31-2004, 03:33 AM
Intermediate Class

Ahh okay, so I'm guessing you've got some new fandangled products too? What exactly do the cones do?

Where did you learn all this stuff? Did you work for someone (mx-tech maybe?) or go to school? I have looked and come up pretty dry on reading material on this subject.

As for your site, yeah I might know someone.

If you really want me to, I'd be more then happy to. Maybe we can trade for all the tips you've already given me about suspension. Then I'll be even, well, until I have another question anyway.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:23 AM
Retired now a House Biatch

Quote:
Originally posted by Shocknut
The ABS cones were a hot product fro YZ fork conversion up until a year or so ago and interest in them died as well. They are worth every penny in my opinion but nobody opts for them anymore.
Please don't take this the wrong way but with the 04 YZ forks having the updated bottoming system, sales of the ABS cone are likely to become extinct.

The forks on my mighty 04 YZ250 are better in stock condition than any fork I have ever had.......even with complete internal changes. They are schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:07 PM
Expert Class

LOL...I'm full aware of that yzernie. While I feel the new bottoming system is better then the bumpers, it's not better then these ABS cones. But yes, I don't even have any cone kits in stock anymore so I'm prepared for the big dribble in sales.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > Dirt Bike Suspension Tuning