All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Site News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2003, 07:23 AM
Age is a state of Mind

Default Referal Link

I only post this to assist. In talking to some other members and seeing links on other sites, it has come to my attention that there is some confusion about the referal link that we use to refer people to this awesome site.

On the end of the URL that you post is a number. Mine is 15, this corresponds to the number assigned to you when you joined ATM. You need to change this to your number or you won't get credit.

Probably the easiest way of finding this number is to mouse over any of the little buttons at the bottom of YOUR (not someone else's, because that would give you their number) post (the profile, pm, search, or buddy ones) and it will tell you the number in the bottom status bar on IE.

The correct link:

http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=your number goes here

The following is a picture to show you the code to make your link look good, and so it doesn't make us all look like a bunch of homers (if you know what I mean). But if you notice the actual link is exactly what you want it to be, but what shows looks nice.

The following is the result of the code in the picture. If you click on it, it will open a new window and the last value should be a 15, which is my number. AGAIN, make sure to change this... Or don't, if you want me to get the credit.

www.allthingsmoto.com

I hope that helps.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Site News