All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Site News

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 AM
JOATMON

Default PLEASE READ - ATM's purpose and goals

In light of the recent brouhaha about a member that has decided not to contribute anymore, I think it’s important to remind everyone of why this site was started and our goals. I'll admit that the situation I'm referring to could have been handled much better than it was and I'm sorry it ended in the way that it did. That being said...

ATM was founded back in 2002 after the tragic death of Garrett Berg, who died while doing what he loved best- riding his dirt bike. Many of us had come to know Garrett through Thumpertalk, where he was a very active member and always doing his best to help out fellow riders. Jetting advice, suspension setup, mods to make your bike run better, maintenance help… you name it; if you had a question or needed some advice he would help you out. What blew most of us away was when we found out that the guy so many of us had turned to for help was just a teenager! His knowledge definitely exceeded his years.

After Garrett’s passing ATM was created to honor him keep his memory alive, and to continue on with what he had started. That’s the bottom line and why we are here. Over the years we have been fortunate enough to have some really great members with a collective knowledge pool that is tremendous. What’s even better is that they have been willing to share that knowledge with the rest of us so that we can all become better riders and mechanics: THIS is what ATM is about, THIS is why we are here. Riders helping riders, building friendships and becoming better at the sport that we all love.

That said, if anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions or advice they’d like to share please feel free to contact one of the moderators or admin. We want to make ATM the best we can while still keeping true to our heritage and what got us started in the first place. Now get out there, drop the clutch and twist the right grip!

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Announcements, Policies & Promotions > Site News