All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Pro Class

Default What will it take for you to realize

Just what is at stake with the OHV closings?

Many of us sit idle as these parks and areas are closed to millions of riders, wheelers, hikers, rock hounds and countless others.

On May 1st 2008 Calif lost 70k acres of the finest riding area in the country called Clear Creek. Dirt-bike Magazine I believe rated it in the top 10 of areas a enthusiast must ride. Because of the closure, we lost a phenomenal enduro called the Quick Silver, one of the few times we could see the riders like Mike Lafferty, Shane Watts Jason Raine and our own Jordan Brandt. The QS has a heritage dating back decades with spin off family enduros that followed. MOAB is under the cross hairs for the same thing, In Arizona last year we lost another 60k acres as well in New Mexico.

Now many of you may wonder how this effects me, I am in Wyoming why should i be bothered by the idiots in Calif or New Mexico? Because the momentum to close has increased and if it effects 1 it effects all. Just by asking that question how does this effect me, answers the question that you have no clue as to the war we are in as OHV Enthusiasts. I suggest you start by reading the NIMBY Wars as suggested to me by one who is the forefront of this fight.

It is amazing to me to realize that as I speak with people regarding the land closures, they are settled in to defeat by taking a stand, "Well they are going to do what they want to do" BULL. The Declaration very first words are WE THE PEOPLE, its high time you step up and make that same declaration to government bureaucracy out of control.

The EPA, BLM these folks are public servants, they SERVE YOU AND I, we do not serve them, We need to unit in such a way as to bring all persons and groups to the board who enjoy the out doors. You think it is going to stop at a silly little park some place not in your state? Think Again, all you have to do is visit the Issues Section at the BRC and read about it in all states.

You think they do not have your FAVORITE PRIVATE TRACK in the cross hairs? Think again, countless tracks are being shut down by frivolous lawsuits by tiny little groups connected to a much larger machine (See Nimby Wars) It is a fight for your rights to ride and access, do not be fooled to think that it is just an attack on Motor vehicles or OHV, its an attack against every person in the USA that enjoys the out doors.

SO what is it going to take for you to realize that your beloved sport is at risk and if you do nothing you are the ones to blame? Does that sound harsh? I hope so, because it is true, IF WE DO NOTHING they win. Edmund Burke has been quoted as
Quote:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
The truth is Edmund Burk never said that, instead scholars believe this is transcribed from the following:
Quote:
"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
The above quote is from his writings "Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents" It has the same meaning and we must understand that we fight a group of people that are EVIL in what they serve. Although they do feel they are doing something well, they harm so many others for the Sake of a few Elites.

Its up to you really, its time for you to act, Street Riders, Dirt Riders, Horsemen, Hiker or Miner, Conservative and Liberal! its time, put aside your Political Ideological bullS**t and understand these groups, these senators are out to destroy our freedoms. so get active or sell you gear.

This Jan 20th starting at 5:30 pm in Santa Clara Claif, the BLM is hold its last Public Meeting regarding the RMP for CCMA. EVERYONE WHO IS NEAR THAT AREA MUST COME AND BE PRESENT You can find more out here CFOHRR Comments are due by March 4th 2010, please DO NOT FILL OUT ANY COMMENTS at the meeting. Foccma.org is holding some workshops to help us through proper Comments on a RMP.

John

CFOHRR
Get Active - Or Sell Your Gear

Last edited by JohnLorenz; 01-17-2010 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Expert Class

Environmentalists are the new REDS in my opinion. A few want to regulate, tax and deprive. The others want us back in the stone age like the middle east. NOTHING will satisfy them until man leaves no footprints anywhere.
I never bought into anything except acid rain. Glad we cleaned that up some (messed up my paint).
I personally carve a huge carbon footprint on purpose.
Carbon isn't the problem WATER VAPOR is the only problem, if there is one that is.
We are so egotistical to think we can alter the climate!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharrell View Post
Environmentalists are the new REDS in my opinion. A few want to regulate, tax and deprive. The others want us back in the stone age like the middle east. NOTHING will satisfy them until man leaves no footprints anywhere.
I never bought into anything except acid rain. Glad we cleaned that up some (messed up my paint).
I personally carve a huge carbon footprint on purpose.
Carbon isn't the problem WATER VAPOR is the only problem, if there is one that is.
We are so egotistical to think we can alter the climate!!!
You hit the nail on the head!!!!
It is like their perfect idea of earth is without people on it. How hypocritical can they be?!?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Expert Class

One word: VOTE!
If you want to know what you are up against, put on your tinfoil hat and go through this site:
Taking Liberty - How Private Property is Being Abolished in America
Old 01-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Expert Class

Man, that is THE key-VOTE.
Problem is we need common sense people to step up and run for office.
Nothing against you guys out west but, most of this stuff started out there.
Probably because of the LA smog bowl back in the day.
Now, CARB rules the roost and manufacturers cowtow.
The worm has turned sorta as of last night with the election in MASS.
As far as the EPA and BLM goes, I'm "OLD SKOOL". I was around for the "Less Sound, More Ground" in the 70's etc...That made sense.
I know most of it is a farce with the exception of the whole spark arrestor thing, last thing we need is fire.
I'm purposely buying 2 strokes.
VOTE. Run for office. Do something.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion