All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 01:18 PM
Expert Class

Default Re: What if..........??????

Thanks for all the input!!!! Woody, you should be a shrink. That was brilliant and made me think. I'm pretty convinced that my wife has a control problem, plain and simple. Shes suspicious about everything. We've been married 15 years and she has been this way the whole time. I have no idea how to fix this right now. I've tried everything. She has to let go of trying to control me. We're having a long talk today about all this. I'll keep you folks posted and thanks again. Strykmaster Out..
Old 08-05-2004, 01:23 PM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Woody_CRF
(BTW, I've missed ya man).

I miss you too man
Old 08-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Expert Class

after Woodys responce i better make sure the wife dosnt read it...you could get a lot of guys in trouble talking like that...LOL
Old 08-05-2004, 05:58 PM
ATM! Pro Class

You could be a closet ATM member. If I had to chose between my wife and you guys I would choose my wife and another forum.....
Old 08-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Age is a state of Mind

Quote:
Originally posted by strykmaster
Thanks for all the input!!!! Woody, you should be a shrink. That was brilliant and made me think. I'm pretty convinced that my wife has a control problem, plain and simple. Shes suspicious about everything. We've been married 15 years and she has been this way the whole time. I have no idea how to fix this right now. I've tried everything. She has to let go of trying to control me. We're having a long talk today about all this. I'll keep you folks posted and thanks again. Strykmaster Out..
LOL, I've thought about it.

Controlling is a tough one too.

Sounds like maybe she's controlling because of insecurities. I'd say something quite troubling happened to her as a youngster that has caused her to have trust issues (usually involves a poor self worth as well , which I see all too often with girls/women, guys for some reason are affected differently ???).

Regardless, sounds like you may have some work a head of you. I wish you luck in this endevor.

The key as I see it is laying everything on the table and look at it with both of you wearing your "Equal and Fair" glasses (goggles for you since you Moto ), where you will both see what the problem is, and can work on it... Together.

Hopefully she's able to do that. I have a good friend that has a wife that refuses to "face" a problem, so it can be worked through, and resolved.

My wife has this saying on one of our walls in our house. "If a problem has no face, it cannot be resolved, but if you face your problems, the chances of resolution goes from 0 to whatever % you put into it." So try and find out what the real problem is. Chances are pretty good it's not even related.

I also find it insiteful to look at the person's parents, and see how they are. A lot of answers/understanding can be had by some close examination in this area.

Ok, done rambling. Not that it's any of our business, but let us know the outcome if you get to one.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Age is a state of Mind

Quote:
Originally posted by CDN_YZee
after Woodys responce i better make sure the wife dosnt read it...you could get a lot of guys in trouble talking like that...LOL
he he
Old 08-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Age is a state of Mind

Any word stryk?

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion