All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2008, 04:59 PM
Intermediate Class

Unhappy well i crashed...really bad..

i was riding some trails at my house with my brothers friend and we were coming back and i went to pass him right next to the rail but he came over and our handlebars caught and my front wheel went over the rail and the bike flipped broke off both fenders and landed upside down....like when you flip a bike over to take the tire off....and i slid down the middle of the tracks about 20 feet and i hurt both of my knees killed my arm scraped the crap out of my chest and now my knees are swollen up and purple and i cant walk....even though i flipped the bike back and rode home in extreme pain.....i could barely shift.....and my brothers friend just scraped his knee a little bit........looks like im out of the game for a while.....and my mom asked me why i was upset and she thought it was because i was hurt.....it was because my poor bike is broken into pieces...
Old 10-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Intermediate Class

I hope that you are alright and good luck, just give it time and you'll be back to normal. Were you riding on by railroad tracks, because thats what it sounds like. What kind of gear were you wearing. Atleast you didn't hurt the bike to bad, fenders aren't that big of a deal. If you want you can fix them without buying new ones. I just broke my rear fender on my bike and I just took a drill and drilled some holes on the side that was busted off and drilles some hole on the side that was still on the bike. Then I put some zip ties through the holes. Just like sewing a rip.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Intermediate Class

thats the thing...the only stuff i had on was my helmet and some gloves........after that...im never riding without gear ever again.......and the fenders are in a million pieces all over the tracks...i was doing 50 at-least and the levers are broken off..(that was fun trying to get the bike moving).....and it seems those renthal bars cant stand railroad tracks lol............so im just hoping i can get back out to ride soon....but i think im going to be down for a good 4 or 5 weeks....and yes i was right next to the tracks
Old 10-17-2008, 07:01 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by krut2 View Post
the only stuff i had on was my helmet and some gloves........

I'm sure that's not what it sounds like......right?
Old 10-17-2008, 07:19 PM
ATM Contributor!

Sorry to hear about your wreck and and your bike. Hopefully your knees arent shot. Nice to hear you learned your lesson about the gear. Too bad it had to happen this way though.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Intermediate Class

I've done this before too, you think that you are going to go for a little ride and then it turns into something you never expected, especially when you get hurt. Another thing is that railroad tracks don't mix too well with many things they are hard to cross and are dangerous, especially around here at the sides of the tracks there are just really steep hills that are very unforgiving if you somehow get off on them.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Intermediate Class

thats it.....helmet and gloves.....and around by my house they are flat on the sides....like little roads....but i wasnt trying to cross we just hooked up and i went flying.....about the other guy though....i talked to my brother because he went over to his house to see how he was doing and evidently this was the knee that he hits every time he falls and has had drained 5 or 6 times....and he said that the wreck was the last time.....hes not riding anymore......and just earlier that day he was talking bout getting rid of his 250 2 stroke to get a 450 but now because of me hes done and never riding again.......i was up all night thinking about that.......that one careless mistake cost him his will to ride and i dont think ill ride the same ever again......
Old 10-18-2008, 07:21 AM
ATM Contributor!

Glad you weren't more seriously hurt man. Just as a note here, you should ALWAYS wear your gear, no matter how short the ride is going to be.

Accidents happen, and when they do its best to be prepared.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:34 AM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krut2 View Post
thats it.....helmet and gloves.....and around by my house they are flat on the sides....like little roads....but i wasnt trying to cross we just hooked up and i went flying.....about the other guy though....i talked to my brother because he went over to his house to see how he was doing and evidently this was the knee that he hits every time he falls and has had drained 5 or 6 times....and he said that the wreck was the last time.....hes not riding anymore......and just earlier that day he was talking bout getting rid of his 250 2 stroke to get a 450 but now because of me hes done and never riding again.......i was up all night thinking about that.......that one careless mistake cost him his will to ride and i dont think ill ride the same ever again......
I wouldnt think of it that way. If he was that close to quitting, then youve helped him make that decision via a relatively minor wreck, which is a heck of alot better than if he were to seriously get hurt. Something tells me he's just over reacting and he'll continue to ride. Just a hunch.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Intermediate Class

he wasnt even thinking about quitting until we crashed.....but my bro said that he was thinking about work and that he works 7 days a week and he cant be getting hurt like that because hes saving up to get a house and i guess he thinks its not worth the risk to ride anymore.....,,and yea....i dont think ill ever go out without gear ever again...no matter how short the ride.....because them railroad tracks hurt like H#$%....and if i had my gear on i probably wouldnt be hurt half as bad.....i guess that should be a lesson to all people who think....oh im just going to go for a quick 10 minute ride through some trails and come home.....well in that short 10 minutes i got hurt pretty bad on the way back.....o and my knees went down a little bit and it seems that they are just cut up and and bruised really bad......i can seem to walk a little bit but stairs are my biggest obstacle.....gotta walk like cotton off of king of the hill....like i have no shins and i cant bend my legs....i would consider myself lucky that i got off without serious injury and that im still alive and kicking but without some of my pride...

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion