All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2017, 08:08 PM
Pro Class

Bill good to hear from You again as with the rest of the peeps
just making the best of what We have and the best of each day
In recovery from a bike failure at Rio ,Ofcoarse My bikes only fail coming off the face of a jump and the indo is on ,Popped shoulg
der out of joint broke hand ,Blah blah , Doing good though and something has come of it spending more time watching and helping grandkids with there
riding and having Fun
I'm like You have no use for Facebook so miss out on a lot But that's o.k.
only need to hear about people I care about and You and Monica and John are in that circle .
Enjoy Your bicycling ,Myself and wife go to Galveston when we can and ride 10 miles up and down seawall ,Very relaxing, My next endeavor is to put My Maico back together and buy a 100 to run in 100 revenge class at vintage races and give up on modern bikes totally ,sold mine.
Gotta go wife said Dinner is ready.
Stay healthy Marine!
Old 08-02-2017, 09:36 PM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by char393 View Post
Great to hear from you, Bill! Sorry to hear about the Parkinson's diagnosis. But really glad to hear you're still active.

If you decide to sell that Maico, let me know. I race with a local vintage club and am sure we can get it gone for you.
A little old to be riding those bikes aren't you?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:36 AM
JOATMON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Dave393 View Post
Good to hear from you Brother Bill. I'm sorry for your troubles (you have had your share and more) and sorry I haven't kept in touch with the ATM family myself. Sounds like you are making the best of the situation. As I would expect the Marine in you to do.

Apologies to the ATM family for my absence. I kinda got blindsided with a divorce that I never expected to happen back in 2007 (after 23 years) and fell off the earth for awhile. Ended up being a single Dad to my son with Asperger's and he has really been my main focus for the past 10 years. Good news on that front is that he is about to be a junior in college, now has a driver's license, and is talking about future plans for school in another town. My daughter graduated from college a couple of years ago and is a professional Cellist.

As luck would have it however, it seems life is always ready to kick you in the *** so in February of 2016, my employer of almost 15 years and the one where I had planned to retire one day shipped my career off to India. Fired on a conference call with 100 others. Classy. Took some time to get my wits about me, did some traveling last summer (Unadilla), and started looking for a new gig last Fall. Um, looking for a career, not just a gig, in this "recovered" economy at the age of 57 is not for the faint of heart.

So for now, this too shall pass and we pick up and make the best of it. I'll try to visit more often. I still ride, just not very often. I made the AHRMA National at Rio last year and did OK for someone who climbs on a dirt bike about 4 times a year.
Sorry to hear of the rough times you've been through but it's good to hear from you again Dave!
Old 08-07-2017, 03:15 PM
Semper Fidelis

Man Dave, sorry about those hard times hitting you, I hope you can find something soon. If you want to look at Pensacola, Navy Federal Credit Union has opened a massive headquarters here, they hire constantly, in every area you can imagine, and they are expanding still. Let me know if I can do anything.

Bill
Old 08-14-2017, 05:42 PM
Age is a state of Mind

Wow it's good to read about the lot of you.

Bill, I'm sorry to hear that life has given you lemons. But from the sound of it, in your true fashion, you are making lemonade.

Dave, I'm really sorry to hear about your X and your job. That blows big time.

OSF, glad to hear you are doing well too. Helping grand kids seems like it might be just as much fun!

I can't believe it's been 15 years! Dang. We are all getting older. :O

Good to hear from all of you!
Old 08-15-2017, 06:41 PM
Semper Fidelis

Usflag

Thanks for your kind words, Woody. Its good to hear from you again, I understand you are back in college now. Best wishes with your studies and that the family is well. I really do not feel like I was dealt a bad hand at all, there are folks with much worse lots than mine. My medication for the Parkinson's Disease works very well, I am due for a disease increase as the symptoms have progressed in the last year. No problem with that, I'm grateful for its efficiency and few side effects. I had my battles with opiates and have long since gotten past those demons. Monica has been my blessing through all of it, I am one very lucky man. I plan to do some volunteer work after retiring, probably the hospital I was in for 14 out of the 16 surgeries, or at one of the regions USO centers for our bases here.

Hard to believe its been 15 years already, sad anniversary is coming up next month also. Hope that Moree of the old timers and original gang can pop up and bring the numbers up for the good of the site.

John and his bride were here for 1-1/2 weeks, the ole Madcow is doing well these days. He sends his good wishes for everyone, Especially some guy named Howard, in Houston. I cannot imagine who he is talking about there.

Mike, good to hear from you again, its been over 7 years since we last talked. Things have really changed for both of us haven't they? Congrats on the new Grandbaby, I knew Shannon would come through for the family cause's continuation, I'm really happy for her, she had found some happiness at last and she deserves it.

Everyone stay safe, hopefully the Gulf Coast will se some dry weather eventually. Must be hurting the MX riding with all of this wet weather.

Bill

Last edited by Florida 393; 08-15-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:24 AM
will fall over

Like old times and even older people ha
These days the site is much like any other, more mechanical questions and answers, and less of the good 'ol BS going on like friends do. Great to hear madcow is having success in life, really I wouldn't have expected anything else. Bill my mom is a Flarida resident now and I have made the drive only once.. glad I decded against riding the bike I would have sold it as soon as I got back! My butt is way too boney for that, maybe if I had a big cruiser like Mike's... anyway thanks for popping in and updating us your attitude and discipline I'm sure was a welcome fit for the corps. Bless ya big guy hang in there.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:53 PM
Semper Fidelis

Usflag

Man,
I missed this one reply, how are you doing old friend? Thanks for the update and the kind words. Times change and folks move along in their interests, or in my case, get moved along by forces bigger than we are. Good to hear from you, I suppose I need to get some spiced pecans ready this fall, to sendto you. Those were some strange, weird times for a bunch of us.

My YZ426F is still sitting on the work stand, in our garage. John put on the fresh set of plastics Had gotten right after that final surgery. The graphics are still awaiting application, and I have some OEM things to install should the time come. Short of getting rid of the '03 450 DCM exhaust cam, it could be perfectly stock within about 2 hours time. I had sealed up the decompression actuator opening in the head when I did the cam swap and a top end freshening. The tires are fairly fresh, they have two track sessions on them, fresh Renthal sprockets and chain area also in place, Thanks to John again. I need to dedicate about a week to just taking it down, inspecting/cleaning everything, then rebuilding it back to complete stock specs, but everything dialed in like I kept her. See what I am missing out on?

Bill

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion