All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Welcome To ATM

Default Thank You Garrett Michael Berg Memorial Fund & The Berg Family

Once again I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to Mr. Berg and the Garrett Michael Berg Memorial Fund for their more the generous donation in Matt's memory. Also, thank you for your support, encouragment and overwhelming compassion during this difficult time in my life. Your donation certainly helps relieve the stress associated with the unexpected financial obligations resulting from Matt's death, especially when he didn't have any health or life insurance.
Thank you for being an angel in my time of need.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 PM
ATM Contributor!

I can't even begin to understand your grief but I know Mr. Berg does. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMom742 View Post
Once again I would like to express my heartfelt appreciation to Mr. Berg and the Garrett Michael Berg Memorial Fund for their more the generous donation in Matt's memory. Also, thank you for your support, encouragment and overwhelming compassion during this difficult time in my life. Your donation certainly helps relieve the stress associated with the unexpected financial obligations resulting from Matt's death, especially when he didn't have any health or life insurance.
Thank you for being an angel in my time of need.
Thanks Patty for the kind words. It is the ATM FOLKS that make it possible to reach out and help. The unbelieveable GENEROSITY of the folks that attend the race/ride, donate funds, time and products to auction off at the annual "Remembering Those Who Rode Memorial Race/Ride" are the ones' that make "helping others" possible.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I look very forward to meeting you one day.

Sincerely,
Mike Berg & Family
"Motodad393"
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
Intermediate Class

Words can't even express my sympathies to anyone who has lost a child. As a mother the thought breaks my heart and leaves me almost breathless.
Meeting Mr. Berg and his family in itself has been one of the most amazing experiences in my life. I can say I am honestly a better person by knowing them.
Patty is definately a huge part of my life. I don't think we go a day without talking, and I wouldn't have it any other way. She as well as Mr. and Mrs. Berg are truely the strongest people I have ever met. And I only wish to be half as good as a person as they all are.
It was my absolute pleasure to be able to introduce Patty to Mr. and Mrs. Berg however, I would give anything in my power for all of this to be under completely different circumstances. And that goes the same with my meeting with the Bergs. But unfortunately this is the way it is and I can't change that.
I do know that everything happens for a reason. And I am so thankful that we were all brought together to get through all of this.
Meeting the people here at ATM has truely been one of the best things that has ever happened to me and the people here have impacted my life more than I could ever try to explain.
I am very thankful for everything the ATM family has done for Matt's legacy, Patty, Ryley and their family.
I hope to be able to bring Patty to GMB next year so she can experience the whole event in the way I have and know just how many people are there for the very same reason as she too is going through.
So once again thank you to the whole ATM family, Mr. and Mrs. Berg as well as Shannon for everything you have done for me, Matt's family, and all the other people that have been helped through the Garrett Michael Berg Memorial Fund.
I never had the chance to meet Garrett and I hope one day I will get that honor. His legacy lives on and his light shines so bright. I know that he is looking down and so proud of all that has been accomplished because of him.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

MattsMom742,

Please accept my sincerest condolences in your loss of Matt. I cannot imagine anything worse than the loss of a child. Just as Garrett's passing, Matt's passing has left his own legacy behind and for that alone you must be proud and thankful. I got to meet Kim for the first time at this year's GMB and in the little time we spoke together over the weekend she spoke very highly of not only Matt but of you as well. Please remember the good times you had with Matt as they can never be taken form you.

I have experienced many things in my life that have left an impression upon my soul. When I attended GMB for the very first time and shook the hand of the man whom I had shed a tear for, yet never met, I immediately knew why Garrett had turned into the quality young man that he was. Mike Berg is a man who, after talking with him for 10 minutes, makes you feel as if you have known him a life time. I cherish the friendship we have developed over the last few years. My participation in the annual GMB Memorial event is as much to pay my respect to him as it is to honor the memory of Garrett.

Godspeed Matt.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Semper Fidelis

Usflag

Very well said Ernie, you summed up the way Mike, Suzette and Shannon make you feel from the first time you meet them. Patty you are now a part of the All Things Moto family. We take care of our own here. Matt's legacy will be preserved along with the other fallen riders we honor. Let us know if we can do anything for you at any time.

Regards,
Bill

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion