All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
ATM! Addict

Well you can only read so many lines about "cheato" "spungey" etc before you quit expecting anything of substance. I Keith the faith and read on. Wfo was smarter than me this time, I think.

Last edited by ossagp; 01-20-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane one 316 View Post
22 has no chance in hell. Maybe if he got off the bike and hired someone else . Like Allesi perhaps. . 450 - RV all the way 250 - I like Cooper Web also.
How's that crow tasting??????????
Old 01-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Pro Class

WOO-HOO!!! That should silence some haters!

That, my friends, is a classic case of "In the ZONE". Chad was pumped from the 40 year anniversary and what it would mean to win on that night. He was just charging and it was like no one else was on the track. Even through lapped traffic, he was just weaving in and out like they weren't even there.

I am so happy for him and his team!
Old 01-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Intermediate Class

Now I want to see what reed does this weekend, hopefully everyone can keep poto at bay, I know srewart will. I think if everyone doesnt check up when poto tries to shove them in the corner he will have a harder time passing and thats one thing I hate about the guy, he very rarely does a clean pass. Wish tomac was racing I think he will be a force to reckon with, maybe not this season but next for sure and so will roczen, he has speed...
Old 01-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351mustanger View Post
There was a former user (he is banned now) named blackcr98, or something like that. He was always putting up long posts. I am sure that is the only similarity wfo is pointing out. Just busting your chops, I'm sure. The guy was a real tool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ossagp View Post
Well you can only read so many lines about "cheato" "spungey" etc before you quit expecting anything of substance. I Keith the faith and read on. Wfo was smarter than me this time, I think.

mustanger , thanks for the info , and no , it was not me , i do tend to go into detail when i post sometimes , but not to annoy , just to avoid from having to make 4-5 posts explaining/defending what i said and i am anal , so i get it all out and hopefully move on , in this case that did not happen , sorry for offending anyone

ossagp , sorry i annoyed you or anyone else , unless its something in the suspension forum , i will keep my posts limited to a few words since i am not part of the "group" as i have not been here long and dont really know anyone or know what the limits are here , i see people banter back and forth , like friends would , but notice they are not from the same states so i figure its ok to say what i feel or believe , i guess i was wrong (but not about Cheato), and when it comes to the Racing , i speak my mind and what i view as the truth or what others might be afraid to say or just dont know , but think , but dont say it so they dont knot up someones shorts , i have no issue mentioning it and my dislike for the thing done or not done and the person doing or not doing it

Do i feel RV cheats and other things that i wont get into because its a whole other argument ....Yes , and i am not trying to argue here so lets just leave it at that and move on

Do i like RD... No , i feel he is over hyped and now when they finally add a second rider , it shows , it also showed every time at the MXoN , and he usually always "settles" unless the true fast guys are not there to challenge him , there are other riders that deserve his ride...just sayin , Peick is one of them

Do i like Stewart...Yes , he is a innovator for the sport , almost every rider has improved because of what they learned from him (just ask Hannah) and almost every rider copies his style , he is slammed constantly for the exact same things others do and they do it just as much as him , crashing for example , RV is the closest checkers to wreckers guy on the list of the 450's , yet for some blind reason everyone thinks hes Mr Perfect ........ i dont get it , JS has more pure talent than most any other rider past or present yet he is hated like he just slept with everyone's sister , and he doesn't cheat to win a race .....again , i dont get it , and its completely undeserved (and no i am not black) ...

Anyway , thats all i am saying about that stuff, i will keep out of racing topics , as to not annoy or offend anyone with my warped realistic views , this was the main reason i left TT , too many people not liking it when you go against the flow or their rider ....again , sorry i offended anyone , it was not intentional....did i make a long post again , yes , but i needed to say what i feel after i got slammed for not conforming to the norm ....yet again.... , and no i am not a kook , just anal and cant stand it when someone makes a post and you have to ask them 40 questions to get all the details when they could have just spit it out and been done....like i do...., and I'm very passionate about the sport.............thanks for most likely not reading all the way thru my post ...again ......Jim

Oh , and RC is NOT the GOAT , Goat Breker is...technically........just sayin....

Rant Over !! and dont worry about replying i wont be back in this topic to read it , too much tension in racing topics !
Old 01-21-2014, 12:58 PM
ATM! Addict

No problem. Usually when I read you I find something I can use later. That didnt happen is all. As much as I am not drawn to James Stewart as a fan, I have a pretty good notion what he has done to develope into what he is. So regardless I respect him for that and do my best to refrain from using derogatory names for him.

For me there is Goat and 'the' GOAT. one is Breker and one is Rick Carmichael.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:09 PM
Expert Class

Everyone has the right to disagree with your oppion as you do with theirs. No need to see them as attacks. For me I disagree with the assertion that Villopoto crashes at the same level or as often as Stewart. I think his total number of wins vs Stewarts show that. You can't win when your on the ground. Also, he's got the championships to back up the fact that he does what's needed the whole season. I'm not seeing where or why you would think he's cheating. He's putting in the work. All riders out there are searching for an edge. His key is that he crashes less when he's riding above his ability. Would be interested to hear as to what you believe he's doing that'd be cheating. Outside of the ones like performance enhancing drugs, blood doping, and stuff like that you wouldn't know unless you had inside knowledge I just don't see it.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Pro Class

We may need to change your name to Jim "BlackCR" Deertray.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 PM
will fall over

Well he seems passionate about the sport I gotta like thAt! And since he won't be back here to read it I cAn say, I bet if cheato or spungey pitted next to him to practice at his local riding spot hed be over ther kissing their butt and saying how amazingly fast he got passed by them...
Old 01-21-2014, 02:44 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I think a lot of people dont like Stewart because of that show that he had a while back and just his persona. Things like in his interview last saturday after the race, when asked about his race, he said "that cold really kicked my butt" and then did a little Zoolander cough and sniff.
As a rider, he is one, if not the most naturally talented. As a competitor, he has been a bit immature and flaky. Reed said it well a year or so ago. When asked what he thought about JS setting the fastest lap time in practices, he said something like, it takes more than one fast lap to win a race.
This last race (round 3), he (JS) looked like he was in control and keeping his head about him. If he would just get it through his head that a podium, no mater, is better than crashing out. And I do think that if he could get that through his head, he would be a major force to contend with.
I love the way the race went, the bar banging, the aggressive passes and the dicing it up all the way to the finish. So much more fun to watch than someone getting the holeshot and then walking away.
I am also glad to see Reed give credit to his crew and bike. I remember when he used to grouse about how bad his ride was and how the setup wasn't right.
I think this is going to be a good year. I hope everyone stays unhurt and healthy.

Oh and another thing I really grinned about during the race..... Villapoto, in an interview in the off season was commenting on how he's lost his love of riding; that it has become a drag. He said that he liked riding with Roczen during the off season because of Kens attitude and that he (KR) still loves to ride. RV said he hoped some of that would rub off on him. Well during the race, I forgot which of the guys in the booth said it, when Roczen was leading RV, he said something like, "I wonder if RV is re-thinking his training with Ken"

Last edited by VAL; 01-21-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Expert Class

Im happy to see some familiar guys in here! Im just gonna say that those guys ride on the razors edge so when a mistake happens, its almost too late. Shoot,my ol B class memories of racing I was pinned on every section of track and I am nowhere near a local pro anymore! But I know everytime the gate dropped it was all I had. Anyways....

Reed schooled everyone and won. Stewarts sick, and RV is a man possessed with a will to win. Roczen is young and is a Rick Johnson. Im gonna go on a limb and say Stewart and Reed are gonna be the guys to watch battle just like ol times maybe? RV needs some traction control.
PS I quit reading the long posts too guys
Old 01-22-2014, 04:16 AM
Intermediate Class

I AM , YOU ARE , WE ARE AUSTRALIAN as the song goes

GO CHAD

win at Oakland on AUSTRALIA DAY

Old 01-22-2014, 05:02 PM
cha cha

More talent than any other rider, past or present. That's a pretty bold statement.

I don't really care who likes who, but Stewart fans seem to get their panties in a wad tighter and faster than anyone.

I like everyone being healthy and the great racing it's produced thus far. Liking forward to next round!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:04 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRbloke View Post
I AM , YOU ARE , WE ARE AUSTRALIAN as the song goes

GO CHAD

win at Oakland on AUSTRALIA DAY

Where you from again???????
Old 01-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Pro Class

I think he's from English.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:56 AM
ATM! Addict

Seeing all those flags made me think of the Norwegian Curling team in their uniforms. Looks like they cut up a bunch of aussie flags to make them!!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossagp View Post
Seeing all those flags made me think of the Norwegian Curling team in their uniforms. Looks like they cut up a bunch of aussie flags to make them!!
LOL yeah their uniforms were a bit over the top! I think enough to cause some people to have seizures... like looking at strobe lights! I can't say I have any rider I follow I just like the good racing and hope everyone stays healthy. I'm surprised so far... thought Bam Bam would have a breakout year. Good to see Reedy get the W. It would have been interesting finish if RV didn't go down.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
ATM! Addict

It would have been cool to see if Chad Reed could have run him down too. Maybe this weekend.

Last edited by ossagp; 01-25-2014 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM
ATM Contributor!

I've got a feeling RV will be back this weekend. I'd love to see a 4th winner in 4 weeks. Dungey, Stewart or Barcia? I hope chad is really back. That race was awesome, just for the fact that it was actually a race. Is Tomac back yet?
Old 01-24-2014, 08:45 PM
Expert Class

Wink

Tomac- might be this weeks race or next week I heard.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion