All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Pro Class

A little PB blaster goes a long way in freeing those babies up.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRODAD78 View Post
A little PB blaster goes a long way in freeing those babies up.
Explain please.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin View Post
Not sure if loctite is required. I suppose it might be. It had it and that made it VERY difficult without the impact wrench. I used loctite when I reassembled. Dont wont THOSE bolts coming loose.
Not sure if it is officially required in the manual, but yes..I see them with loc-tite on allll the time. I used some grease with mine. If anything, I'd use the blue loc-tite. The red you can easily over-do it and make it a nightmare to remove every time, but you're right. Don't want them coming loose on you.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 PM
Welcome To ATM

Reading some replies on dealer pricing is inaccurate. We race and stay loyal to our dealer on about 90% of our parts. The other 10% is ebay shops.

We are on a 20% over cost on our parts with dealer, the oem stuff is 30% cheaper at the dealer than any mail order warehouse I've checked. If you stay loyal and the rider represents the dealer in a good respectful manner, then you are rewarded.

Sometimes the dealer comes across deals on bigger purchase orders and a free helmet or gear etc. might be included. Our dealership pays it forward to their loyal customers.

The dealers aren't always the devil.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Intermediate Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes Dad View Post
Reading some replies on dealer pricing is inaccurate. We race and stay loyal to our dealer on about 90% of our parts. The other 10% is ebay shops.

We are on a 20% over cost on our parts with dealer, the oem stuff is 30% cheaper at the dealer than any mail order warehouse I've checked. If you stay loyal and the rider represents the dealer in a good respectful manner, then you are rewarded.

Sometimes the dealer comes across deals on bigger purchase orders and a free helmet or gear etc. might be included. Our dealership pays it forward to their loyal customers.

Amen brother.
Old 06-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes Dad View Post

I definitely believe in this too, and am not speaking about ALL of them. I am loyal to Fletcher's Cycle here in Memphis. They do incredible work. However, they are mainly just a service shop. No "salesmen" in there luring you into the bike showcase, no parts dept., just fellow MX'ers who have tons of experience with all types of MX bikes. They sponsor local riders and such. They can get OEM parts to install on your bike or whatever, but they don't exactly sell them there out of the shop. They're all about service.

The guys who go 90-100% through their dealer are the ones getting hooked up well also. But when you do everything yourself to save a TON of $, there's not alot of room left for you to give them business.

Even though I already said it, I just want to reiterate that they damn sure aren't all thieves! That would just be a blindly hollow claim. Just depends which type of guy you are. Just a rider, no mechanic skills? Or just a rider low on $ that has to develop his own skills. Everyone is different, and has certain demands and abilities but the auto and mechanic industry is highly lucrative. Just saying look out for the big time shops charging your arm, leg, and first born child for a top end rebuild

Then find out what works for you! My formula here is proven to get you more ride time:
+ + $ = MORE of this and LESS of this

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion