All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2004, 09:23 AM
Intermediate Class

Default Re: Pro Racer: Who Is Your Favorite and Least Favorite?

Favorites:

-JEREMY MCGRATH: He is just my hero! He is so awesome and is good and competative in what ever involves a motorcycle.

-Steve Hengeveld: Pro Offroad racer, 7 time baja 500 champ and 5 time baja 1000 champ.

-Destry Abbot: Pro offroad racer, 4time national hare n hound champion. 1996, 2000, 2001, and 2004

-Mike Alessi: FAST AS F!@# for a 16 year old, He went to my school from k-6th grades and is a mainly nice kid. He gave my friend FREE bars, smith glasses, and tons of energade(when he was sponsored by them)

LEAST FAVORITES:

-RC: I respect his riding ability but I have never liked him never will.

-K-dub: He is not consistent. He has good days and bad days but never is consitent.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:10 AM
ATM Contributor!

Favorite all time Rider: Jeremy McGrath, bar none. He is the reason MX/SX is as popular as it is today, he defines "natural talent".

Keeping in this decade my next favs would be: RC, he just flat out flys, doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "let off". I like that.

CR, just an all around nice guy.

K-dub, just for making it look effortless.

Bubba, again, flat out flies.

As for my don't likes, I really don't have any that I truely dislike, however Villimen has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since the comments he made about MC a few years back....yeah, I don't like him.
Old 11-02-2004, 01:25 AM
Age is a state of Mind

Quote:
Originally posted by DCox
I would have to agree with Woody on KDub with respect to being smooth--I don't think I have seen a modern rider with as much natural talent as he has. It all just depends on which KDub shows up to the races.
Yep, and the entire MX season the wrong one showed up... Couldn't even get a holeshot??? what's up with that. Doesn't matter. I like him just for being him. I like his story, etc.
Quote:
And Woody, none you dislike? I can't rightly believe that a guy of your temperment doesn't find himself disappointed with at least one.
Now what exactly does that mean? My temperment? LOL...

I think I must have matured (not likely, but hey.. It's my post ). These days, I just love watching these guys ride. I have completely changed how I watch SX and MX. I look at the way these guys ride. How they corner, how they fly, how they slow down. It's more like art to me. They are all awesome artists, and I'm just enjoying the show.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion