All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2004, 09:59 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: Pro Racer: Who Is Your Favorite and Least Favorite?

I would have to say Wardy is one of my all time favorites. I was there when he made his 125 pro debut...and he got lapped! But what really puts him at the top of my list is he is STILL racing...and winning. He is currently leading the SM points ahead of Doug Henry(and my rider)with 1 round to go.
Old 10-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Class

Sebastion Tortelli cause He worked His A$$off this yr in outdoor
and other than that they all get My respect for just BEING THERE
I can't say I dislike any of them....They all Rock in My BOOk!!
Just wish I could be half as fast and until You ride with these
Guys You really don't realize how fast they really are!!
Roger Decoster has always been a great racer I remember as a kid having a chat with Him He is THE MAN in My Book
Also Bob Hannah He was a little rich Kid ..But had nothing but drive to WIN
And Jeff Ward also was always fast !
Had lots of fun times with Jeff and Bob when wewe're kids and they came to rio in about 71 or 2 we rode in the woods etc. and
played half the night then race hard against each other the next day
Don W #8
Old 10-31-2004, 10:55 AM
will fall over

Fav SX/MX ? Got to be Bubba and RC for being so consistently faster that everybody else. It is a joy to watch them race. Can't wait to see them race each other at the Dallas SX!!
Least fav? Got to be Bubba and RC. Bubba for trying to spraypaint the infield at Daytona, and RC for claiming K-Dubs' outdoor win over him was due to him riding that 450 "cheater bike." Oh... why can't everyone be perfect like me:
Old 10-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Expert Class

favs:
CHAD REED!!..becuase he was one of the first pro racers iv meet and he was very nice when i meet him i didnt really know him then tho lol. when i first saw him race i was soo amazed i wanted to be just like him and race with the big guys

RC! and BUBBA they are just to amazing taletend people and from what iv heard and seen they look like really great guys to hang out with.

least favz:
i actually like everybody but mike allesis im not to found of,i think hes very talented kid and i think he will go far just needs to work on his attitude tho IMO.

ps. im my fav pro rider 2 hehe lol
Old 10-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Intermediate Class

I would have to give my vote for RC, and in the desert, Destry Abbot. I had the honor to meet him at a race in Knolls, Nevada. He's a great guy. Fast as hell too. One of the very few people alive that can ride a 2 stroke five hundy to its limits. As for least favorite, I don't have one. They all get my respect for showing up.
Old 10-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by OlSchoolFool393
Also Bob Hannah He was a little rich Kid ..But had nothing but drive to WIN
For what it's worth: Bob's parents were very poor and he started racing so that he wouldn't have to be a welder the rest of his life.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Ineedabettrbike

Bubba - Hes a punk. He treats his fans like garbage, and gets pissed when he has to "work" for a win.

This is not a personal attack....but what are you thinking?: James Stewart has more to do with his fans than anyone else in Super/Motocross. Have you ever met Bubba? I have. At the SLC supercross. He used up 30 minutes of his relaxation/rest time before a race just to sign autographs. After he won he got help to climb a 15 foot wall just to go into the stands and celebrate with the crowd. No security. No bodyguards. Just the fans. This kid is unreal and and a wonderful image for Supercross and Motocross. I will listen to you and retract my statement if you can show me some proof of him treating his fans like garbage. Everyone has a bad day so one isolated incident will not sufice.

As far as my favs....

RC and CR. Both have alot of dicipline and desire to win.

Dislikes.... RC and CR. RC has no people skills/lack of communication with his fans and CR rides a Yamaha. JMO
Old 10-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Shifting
RC has no people skills/lack of communication with his fans
What?:

Shifting, just say no to drugs!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:08 PM
ATM! Pro Class

JIMMY BUTTON
I had the privlage of going to school with him and ridding w/him in Az. long before he was big and in the contengencies.Great guy always cool to the lesser ridder.
MY PRAYERS AND BEST WISHES FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:00 PM
ATM! Pro Class

shifting- are you kidding me? RC is so cool. i think it's bull crap that everyone expects racers to be some kind of professional p.r. guy, granted they are to a certain degree but they are racers. and they do have a right to privacy that we need to respect, if Ricky doesnt wanna talk he doesnt have to, and the same for every one else. he's not there for you guys, he's there to do a job
Old 10-31-2004, 07:10 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Oh yea dont forget about Doug Gust.
now that i ride quads he seems like won of good guys nice and all freindly with spectators.
AND WINS WINS WINS !!!!!
Winning is always good
Old 10-31-2004, 07:39 PM
Expert Class

Oh I forgot my favorite is Travis Preston. Have you ever seen that guy on the podium?

I seem to like the racers that don't have it made, and aren't superstars.

I agree satch, vullemin may not be as dedicated as he should be, but you have to give him some credit for running around top 10 or 5 at just about every national.
Old 10-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Pro Class

You guys are missing what I'm saying. RC is my all time favorite rider. He is awesome, but, it is no secret in the motorcycle world that he has not always had the best people skills. He is going to be 26 next year. Thats old in SX/MX. He has had to work hard at trying to please all of his fans off the track. If you remember he came out and told everyone about his switch to Suzuki right after the deal was made. Even before he was done riding for Honda. He did this having the hindsight of what happened with Honda when he left Kawasaki. Everyone called hima traitor and a gold digger. He has the skills, why not pay the man. I just wish in his contact with fans, whether it be interviews, on camera or face to face he had a little bit of MC in him. McGrath loved his fans and let each and everyon know it.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by madcow393
Ricky doesnt wanna talk he doesnt have to, and the same for every one else. he's not there for you guys, he's there to do a job
I don't think you could be more wrong. If it wasn't for me and the other thousands and thousands of fans, RC and all the other racers wouldn't be getting paid millions just to ride bikes. they are paid for their talent...but only because we support them. If we don't buy bikes on Monday, the teams will lose funding and not be able to pay their riders on Saturday. I agree about having personal space and we need to respect that...but they still have a job because of the fans and all the weekend warriors trying to race just for fun. JMO
Old 10-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Class

Ok Shifting . . . I better understand your point now.

But your still on probation . . . . lol
Old 10-31-2004, 10:01 PM
Retired now a House Biatch

Quote:
Originally posted by madcow393
if Ricky doesnt wanna talk he doesnt have to, and the same for every one else. he's not there for you guys, he's there to do a job
I respect your opinion however, professional athletes are there for "us guys" and need to be approachable. Wether it be MLB, NFL, NHL, Nascar or any other pro sport, WE are the fans and WE are the people who buy admissions to THEIR events. WE are also the people who buy THEIR sponsors products which result in THEIR salaries.

Yes, they are there to do a job but, without us they would not exist.

Shifting, you are off probation!!
Old 10-31-2004, 11:16 PM
ATM! Pro Class

shifting- you are implying that if it werent for us RC would never race, and that's not ture, we don't have tons of fans but we still ride, his success is simply a byproduct of his skills. you dont have to have huge budgets massive stadiums and what not to have the fastest riders battling each other to be the best in their sport. he doesnt race to make you or me happy he is out there to show his other competitors that he is better than they are. all the TV shows, massive teams and such are inconcequential to the actual racing that takes place, even without all of these things the fast riders are naturally going to find one another and race, its as simple as water finding it's own level
Old 10-31-2004, 11:20 PM
ATM! Pro Class

yzernie- of course they will exist, not at the same level but still they will continue to preform their trade. as fans we may fill the preverbial balloon full of air but we did not make that balloon.
Old 11-01-2004, 01:56 AM
Age is a state of Mind

KDub period. disappointing racing in MX this last season, but I don't care. He's still a very nice guy and I love watching him ride.

As for others... Preston, Reed, Ferry... All class acts.

those I don't like.. ?? I like them all.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:27 AM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Woody_CRF
KDub period. disappointing racing in MX this last season, but I don't care. He's still a very nice guy and I love watching him ride.

As for others... Preston, Reed, Ferry... All class acts.

those I don't like.. ?? I like them all.
I would have to agree with Woody on KDub with respect to being smooth--I don't think I have seen a modern rider with as much natural talent as he has. It all just depends on which KDub shows up to the races.

And Woody, none you dislike? I can't rightly believe that a guy of your temperment doesn't find himself disappointed with at least one.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion