All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums  

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2013, 11:42 AM
JOATMON

I will never live in an HOA. They wouldn't approve of my dirt bikes, sleds, shooting, big bonfires, and general mischief anyway.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:03 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossagp View Post
THE part of Alaska that you lived in didn't Char. Lots of it in Anchorage. It isnt for me. My next place doesnt have much at all for codes other than you septic system and your driveway angle to get it onto a borough road. I like that. My new neighbors didnt seem to mind the track or the pistol range.
This guy from California moved to Alaska to get away from the traffic and the crowds.
He found a nice little place about 30 minutes by dirt road from the nearest town.
About 6 months into his first year as an Alaskan, he was beginning to feel a little lonesome.
One day a guy on a motorcycle came up the road and stopped at his place.
"Hey neighbor" the guy on the bike said. "I'm your neighbor from over that hill over there. I'm having a party over at my place tonight and I wanted to invite you."
The new neighbor said, "that would be great"
The guy on the bike says, "you know there might be some drinking, smoking and poker going on, hope that alright with you"
"That sound awesome ", says the newbee.
" With the liquor and all, there might be some fighting too" the biker says.
"That's OK" the ex Cali boy says.
"There might be some sex as well" the biker says.
"Wow!", Says the greenhorn, "it been along time, what do you think I should wear"
The guy on the bike says, "oh it doesn't matter, its just going to be you and me"
Old 11-01-2013, 01:36 PM
ATM! Addict

I think that one was minted for Wyoming wasnt it?? (bareback moutain or something,,is that Montana?)
Old 11-01-2013, 03:14 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossagp View Post
I think that one was minted for Wyoming wasnt it?? (bareback moutain or something,,is that Montana?)
I just work with the fodder I am given.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM
cha cha

Andy... it was sort of tongue-in-cheek for you... since you're probably about the only here who really has any idea of what village living is like..
Old 11-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Beginner Class

I don't live in a neighborhood with HOA, but the next division over does. They stipulate the colors of the mailboxes, the numeral type and color, grass type and length, the type/quality of NEW car you can park in the driveway (yes really) and landscaping. Any changes require approval.

One day my wife was talking with a woman from that neighborhood at the school crosswalk (both are respectable women) and the lady asked where my wife where we lived, when she got her answer she stepped to the other side of the walkway and never spoke to my wife again. People like that don't deserve our companionship. They can have their uppity arses in a soup spoon.

I don't like my neighbors boat on his lawn, maybe he doesn't like my dirtbike and my Trans Am, but we are all friends who look out for one another and help each other out...without being told to by snooty HOAs.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion