All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-114/)
-   -   OT: Eye surgery scheduled for tomorrow (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-114/ot-eye-surgery-scheduled-tomorrow-51758/)

yzernie 02-01-2011 03:53 PM

OT: Eye surgery scheduled for tomorrow

Well, it was supposed to have happened last month but the less than stellar medical insurance we have couldn't get themselves together. The surgery is to remove a level 3 cataract (of course, the worst kind) from my right eye. Although it is a relatively "routine" procedure I worry about anything to do with my eyes. I also have this life long paranoia about my eyes being manipulated and that just compounds the entire process. I can't even watch an eye drop commercial without flinching and tearing up!!

As a result of this condition (and in the words of the doc, "unusual anxiety") the doc has decided to forego the usual 'twilight sedation technique' and place me completely under for the surgery. That is ok with me but there are always inherent risks involved with going under. If you are so inclined, please say a prayer that the docs have an exceptional day with the knife and tools.

cowboyona426 02-01-2011 04:16 PM

Best of luck to you Ernie, you'll be in my thoughts.

b-bike393 02-01-2011 05:01 PM

I got your back big "E". Prayers on the way.

dodging_roost 02-01-2011 06:18 PM

Good Luck "E" I agree with you on paranoia with eye stuff.

Big Maico 393 02-01-2011 08:23 PM

I'll add yo to my prayer list, Hope all go's well for you!

Tracker 02-01-2011 09:11 PM

I've had to learn to trust doctors over the past year and a half. I didn't have much choice, but now I feel a lot better about having work done. We'll all be pulling for you and you'll be fine.
:secretIf they give you Propofol you will be amazed at how smooth and symptom-less a drug can be. You'll be wondering when they are going to start and find out it's all over.

yzernie 02-01-2011 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 621900)
If they give you Propofol you will be amazed at how smooth and symptom-less a drug can be. You'll be wondering when they are going to start and find out it's all over.

That is EXACTLY what I am hoping for!!! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. T-minus-11:30 and counting down!!!

supercr125 02-01-2011 11:52 PM

o man just THINKING about knifes + eyes = me cringing for my life and getting nausiated...
ill pray for you man!! good luck!! think of it this way, when its all done, you dont have to wear glasses under your goggles :thumb :D they get in the way ALOT!

Florida 393 02-02-2011 07:06 AM

Ernie,
You know you and your family will be in my prayers for your success with this surgery. My mom had both eyes done last year and now her vision is 20/25 in both eyes. She is extremely satisfied with the results. No pain with either procedure and she had the same level you have. All my thoughts will be on your comfort and complete recovery.

Bill:glory:bill:drillsergeant

Mainjet2001 02-02-2011 07:17 AM

Prayers from Surf City Ern....
All of us are rootin for you. ;)
Keep us posted.