All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 PM
Expert Class

Default New toy on the way! LOL

I found the, or a, trail head down from where Andrew and I live that we had heard about, that can get you up into the valleys on the ridges that lead towards the north shore and Kahuku if your skilled, brave and have enough fuel and water!

Sooooo.. GPS handle bar mount is on the way!!!!!!!!! I can use my GPS that I got for back up to use on the boat and clamp it to the bar, or mount on the bar pad. Will probably attach it to the pad actually. But then atleast we won't be flying blind!!!!!

I don't have topo maps on it, but atleast it can record where we have been and give us compass readings and all that normal GPS stuff.

It would be an all day ride more than likely to get from Pearl City, to the North Shore but well worth the effort! Might just beg someone to run our truck up and park it, or run a truck up the night before and leave it at my parents house. Trail up.. drive home! LOL To drive by freeway and normal roads is almost 30 miles. To run the valleys and ridges would be near that if not a bit more I think. And NOT at 60-70mph!!!!! LOL What I don't know is if we can make it on a tank of gas, so I guess the first attempts we would be packing extra fuel with us.. ugh.. more weight.

Either way.. if we can get oriented and comfy in the trails, we should end up being able to come out with some stunning pictures of trail shots and breath taking "raw" hawaii scenery.

Now.. to work on our trail riding/busting skills! hehe
Old 11-29-2006, 10:36 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: New toy on the way! LOL

what kind of GPS did you buy?

congrats on the purchase and have fun in the trails!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 AM
Expert Class

I got a Garmin GPSMAP 76 awhile ago as back up on my boat when it's finished with it's rebuild, and back-up on my friends boat that we currently putt around in. Nothing fancy 'cept I did put the Blue Chart software in it.. doesn't help much on land though! LOL

But it's waterproof, and very durable. Andrew really like the racing scene.. I like adventure trail riding, except haven't gotten to do much at all around here, haven't know the locations that are legal to semi-legal! hehehe Now I do.. and it looks like we can do long cross island trips maybe. At least work up to them.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:38 AM
ATM Contributor!

Cool, sounds like fun to me!

Be sure and bring a camera with you on your ride to get some pics.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion