All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Beginner Class

Moto IN NEED OF HELP!

2 WEEKS AGO I BOUGHT A 05' YZ 250F. I HAVE BEEN HAVING TROUBLE STARTING IT. I WAS TOLD THAT THE BIKE HAD A NEW TOP END AND A PISTON KIT IN IT, AND RACE FUEL IN THE TANK AND THAT IT WOULD RUN ON REGULAR 91,92 OCTANE FUEL. WITH NEW PLUG IT WILL START RIGHT UP, BUT THE NEXT DAY YOU'LL KICK FOREVER TO START IT. IT ALSO HAS A HESITATION WHEN YOU TRY TO GIVE IT GAS. IS THE RACE FUEL TO RICH FOR IT? OR DO I NEED TO ADJUST MY CARB. ? PLEASE HELP!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Semper Fidelis

Usflag Re: IN NEED OF HELP!

Turn off the caps key, it is the same a yelling and rude. You need to start with the float height and then jet the carb carefully, one circuit at a time. Do a search for Faded's jetting and his float level thread. You should also look at checking the valve lash. If you don't have a factory manual please get one.

Bill
Old 04-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Intermediate Class

Thumbs up Re: IN NEED OF HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 393 View Post
Turn off the caps key, it is the same a yelling and rude. You need to start with the float height and then jet the carb carefully, one circuit at a time. Do a search for Faded's jetting and his float level thread. You should also look at checking the valve lash. If you don't have a factory manual please get one.

Bill
great advice Bill.my ears still hurt. anyhow- keep your hand OFF the throttle while kicking. its not a two stroke.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion