All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2005, 09:35 AM
ATM Contributor!

Default Re: My Son Getting Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlSchoolFool393
Lookin GOOD CORBIN,Tell Dad He better get that Knee back in shape
Pretty quick or You'll be ridden the 426 and He'll Have to ride the 65 :
Dave I sent You a P.M.acouple of days ago and Haven't Heard Back?
Don W.
I got it, just waiting for the kdxchar virus to leave the family. Corbin's been down with the flu all week and I've been under the weather. He made it to school taoday and I'm hoping to reply with positive news. When and where?
Old 01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by pragmatic393
just waiting for the kdxchar virus to leave the family.
Hey, we have that at our house also

Thanks Char for sharing!!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Intermediate Class

mtk, what a great response!

Prag,
Nice Shot!!! I hold my breath when my son jumps too though. It is funny, my kids have wrecked more when they are NOT jumping. Corbin is looking great though. Tell him that Jackson asked if we were coming to visit this weekend. My kids really enjoyed playing with Corbin when they stayed with you last weekend. Thanks again!

Last edited by chabat; 01-21-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Intermediate Class

nice air kid and now your hooked so the jumps keep getting bigger and bigger .
Old 01-21-2005, 10:43 AM
ATM Contributor!

Well, here goes:
My son, Corbin, has been gifted with coordination and strength from an early age (obviously from my side). He excels in most sports and Football is his favorite. I could go on and on with the proud poppa rhetoric, but my point and what I welcome most is how reserved he is on the Motorcycle (and he’ll kill me if he sees me posting that comment-He does have his reputation to defend : It’s the complete opposite of his personality. I think part of this was from me starting him on the 65 (a little much for a small 8yr old). But I feel it has more to do with his friend Tylers’ injury. This is where the “mixed emotions” are strongest.

Corbin and I were well on our way to becoming good riding buddies with a friend of mine and his son, Tyler. They played little league sports together and motorcycles were right up our “alley”. Tyler moved from the PW50 to a KTM50. First time out on the 50, he broke his neck (c4). This is where it got difficult for the both of us. Witnessing this alone is terrible, but his best friend, at 7years old? Tyler spent 6 months in a halo and is now back to playing baseball. Full recovery

As we all know, injuries are inevitable, and we can justify this however we need. But it’s NEVER easy. I’ve made the decision and a lot of that has to do with Garrett (Mr.Berg), and you all here at ATM. Its great, we have the perfect mix of camaraderie without the pressure of series-racing. We can have fun and experience motorcycling without all the competitiveness.

I’m glad I found this site when I did. Excellent timing Satch! Thanks everyone for sharing and being there!

Sorry for the gloom and doom

Last edited by pragmatic393; 01-21-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:48 AM
Intermediate Class

im so proud...lol dude good job great pic.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:02 AM
ATM! Pro Class

BTW, do you still have the KX65 lowered or has he grown enough to raise it back up?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Fox
BTW, do you still have the KX65 lowered or has he grown enough to raise it back up?
Not yet, but Hes been asking for me to do it. How about yours?
Old 01-21-2005, 11:23 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Not yet, but Hes been asking for me to do it. How about yours?
She has not grown much in the last year, it's still lowered. I'll think she should get about 4 years out of this bike. She will be 11 in April and she is about the same height as most 8 and 9 year olds, she tips the scale at 54 lbs. Kind of a runt but she has more fight and heart than kids twice her size, it is quite a kick to watch her play hockey and nail boys that have 40 lbs and 8 inches on her into the boards. I just shake my head and grin.
Old 01-21-2005, 11:33 AM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Fox
it is quite a kick to watch her play hockey and nail boys that have 40 lbs and 8 inches on her into the boards. I just shake my head and grin.
Wow, that's really impressive. At 10/11 those bigger kids know how to use their body weight
Old 01-21-2005, 12:24 PM
ATM Contributor!

Wow, that's awesome prag, just awesome bro. I know I will be posting some pics this spring of my daughters maden voyage on the 65, along with pics of my son on the 50 for the last year before he moves up. I have seen my son take out a fence post at full tilt boogie on the PW with his knee. It swelled up the size of a softball turned all kinds of intersting colors, and I swore he broke it, but he got up after a period of time, and got back on the bike that night!

There is nothing like watching them ride, but trust me I know what you mean about the mixed emotions.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Class

Quote:
...but This look in his eyes and the rebel yell (that you can hear over the motor and across the track) is justification enough
If you're wondering where he got that attitude from, check the mirror.

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree and all that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention last time, excellent pic! Kudos to that young man, for sure!
Old 01-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Class

You know, this pic reminded me of a scene I saw last summer. I was out riding on my CR250 and I stopped at a slag pile on the railroad tracks a few miles from the house. About a quarter mile down the tracks, a road crosses and there is a space you can pull off and park. At any rate, as I pulled up I saw two gentlemen standing there and both had young boys with them. They also had a pair of KX100s. The one boy was clearly big enough (maybe 9 or so) and he proceeded to get on and just rip it up on the 100. No news there.

The other young man, however, was about your son's size and the other KX100 was his. They had a KX60 or 65 at home, but dad got a deal on the 100 that he couldn't pass up, and this was his maiden voyage on it. As I'm sure you can appreciate, from the time it showed up in the garage there had been non-stop nagging about taking the new scoot out for a ride. In the face of relentless pressure, Dad caved.

Now, he wasn't tall enough to even remotely touch the ground on it. In fact, when he stood on the pegs he could barely get his butt off of the seat (and I do mean barely). Dad held the rear fender while he got on and got situated and then away he went. He was timid at first, but after about ten minutes, the little bugger was starting to get the hang of all that power, was getting it on the pipe here and there, and even caught a bit of air on it. He couldn't stop because he'd fall over and the bike looked two sizes too big for him, but that didn't deter him in the slightest.

After a bit, Dad said, "I don't know how I'm ever going to get him back on the 65."

Probably the funniest thing of all was the older boy. He knew the other kid couldn't stop, so he'd wait in the mudhole on one end and roost all over the kid, knowing he couldn't do anything about it since he couldn't stop and had no where else to go.

Ah, to be young again.... Who am I kidding; I'm 35 and my friends and I throw mud on each other like that now.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion