All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Intermediate Class

Default My Cycle Ranch report............

Will be posted & finished tomorrow

I made the mistake of typing a long thread then trying to post, WELL I was logged out b/c it took so long so the whole thing was erased . It took a good 45 min to type.

I'm sure everyone could hear my frustration across the country when that happened
Old 11-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Retired now a House Biatch

Default Re: My Cycle Ranch report............

Was that you I heard??
Old 11-29-2006, 12:14 AM

And congrats on the great racing. You done good.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:44 AM
ATM Contributor!

Tracy, your not the only one experiencing these time-out/log-out probs..

It;s very frustrating when you spend a fair bit of time typing a thread for it to be lost! Can't wait for your report tomorrow
Old 11-29-2006, 07:10 AM
ATM! Pro Class

not laughing at Tracy.....not laughing....

I know how frustrating that can be, sorry.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:59 AM
ATM Contributor!

Yep that sucks when that happens.

In the future (and I know this isn't a fix but it's worked for me) when it brings up the log in screen, go ahead and log in, then it brings up a blank screen, use your browsers back button to go back to where you typed the thread, your typings should still be there, then hit submit and it should go thru.

It has worked for me from time to time.....sorry about your post though....I know how it feels to lose one.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:26 AM
ATM! Pro Class

What I usually do is use Microsoft Word - type the post and copy cut/paste in the desired forum. This minimizes frustration that results from "loosing" a post. I am looking forward to reading your post. Running the 393# was cool for me to see the graphics. Thanks!

Last edited by Motodad393; 11-30-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Intermediate Class

This is a long one so please bear with me………….

Ok here we go for a 10 day Texas adventure!!!!!!!!!!

We left on Friday after work, well, it wasn’t exactly after work, we had to go get the trailer & load everything up first, so we hit the road at about 11:00p that night. We drove all night & day until about 7:00p on Saturday, by then we were in Kent, TX and about ready to kill one another because we were so tired, so we found a truck stop & slept until about 2:00a Sunday. So then the adventure continues on to Floresville. We made it in town around 7 am Sunday morning. We had to get some groceries before we went to the track so we stopped at the local H.E.B. We remembered from last year that we could not buy any beer until after 7 am, so we thought her cool it’s after 7 so we could get some beer for later that evening. Well, as we stood at the register, the clerk said you cannot buy this until after 1200, both of us were confused and looked at her and said, “I thought it was after 7am that we could buy beer?” she then replied “Not on Sunday you can’t”. By then we were laughing because that was twice we were denied beer in Texas. Anyway we loaded our groceries and set off to the track.
SUNDAY
We rolled in about 930 & found a nice spot in the pits. Shortly after setting everything up & I gear up to do some moto, these people pulled in behind us. Kevin & I stared at everyone trying to figure out where we have seen these people before. It just wasn’t clicking. After contemplating on going up to talk to these people I looked at the license plate of one of the trucks, sure enough there it is “GURL” with Alaskan plates , then we knew it was Char & her family. She then introduced us to vintage Dave & Big Maico. We had a blast that Sunday as we all went out moto-ing together. Dave showed Char & I the lines for the track, which was great! I didn’t have to work so hard over the breaking bumps. Kevin cooked us up a great Carne Asada lunch in between the practices (sorry Woody, we could not salvage any for you this time). After practice, we all hung out for a while before everyone had to leave. I had a great time riding with everyone that Sunday; it really set the mood for the rest of the week.
MONDAY & TUESDAY
Kev & I really didn’t do anything these two days except explore the town, drive around & get lost. J/K we didn’t get lost. We got some more supplies to keep us going for the week, did laundry etc. Oh yeah I almost forgot, Monday night we had a huge bonfire in our pits & hung out with some of our so-cal buddies. We worked on our upper body strength with the 12oz. curls.
WEDNESDAY
Organized practice day………..or I should say unorganized practice day! Char be glad you were not there for practice. IT WAS A ZOO! All the women riders were combined with the 125 C & D riders. There were about 150 people on the track at the same time for the first practice session. Every class got 15 minutes of practice, or should I say dodge the bike. Every corner had bikes & bodies laid out in them. So the first session was a few laps of trying not to run anyone over. By the time second & third practice came around they separated the groups & people were able to get decent laps in. By the end of the day I was ready to moto on Thursday
THURSDAY – Race day 1
Thursday morning Char & I went out for 2 practices once with women the other with the men. This was the first day of racing for me with the Jr. Vet class. After 2 decent practice sessions I was ready to moto. I found out that I was race 19 for the day, which was fine, I felt confident that I would still do great. After watching some racing all day I was ready to go. Kev & I went to the line pretty pumped. There were 7 other riders I had to beat. As I am sitting on the line, I felt that this would be my race. The last thing I recall was Kevin telling me don’t let off. I watched the light, watched the gate pin & I was gone. I don’t think I have every hit 5th gear on a starting line (except at glen Helen). As I entered the big sweeper at the starting line, I looked over and HOLESHOT! I was stoked no one was next to me, I was determined to keep the lead for the race. Well, as I was making my way around the track, I started to have some issues with the bike . Then I thought, I am race 19, the track is A LOT rougher. I started to swap & kick over everything! Next thing you know, there goes 1st place, then 2nd, then 3rd. I found myself back in 4th by the time the first lap was over. I tried my hardest to catch the girls in the top 3, but it wasn’t happening. I ended up all by myself in 4th after moto one. It was a fun day & I felt great that I had the holeshot. I was looking forward to moto 2 on Saturday.
FRIDAY – Race day 2
Today was the day for my novice women’s class & Char’s big race debut. There were about 30 women lined up for my novice race. I felt pretty good after practice & had a goal of finishing top 10 in this race. I was race 6 I think & Char was race 7, right after mine. Since it was pretty early, I didn’t find it necessary to do suspension changes on the bike, it felt great during practice. As I prepared to line up for the race I was pumped as usual. Again, I watched the light then the gate pin, I was off! Not as good as a start on this race, I ended up back in 15th somewhere after the first sweeper. I thought I was still in an ok position until it started happening again, bodies & bikes in every corner. The girls were dropping like flies. It ended up not being to my advantage, I got tangled up with someone in the corner & we both went down just after the step up double. WELL, I love my 4-stroke, but it just wouldn’t start for me. By the time I got it started, I was in last place! I was so mad that everyone passed me, I felt like I rode like a mad woman. In the 4 laps I managed to get back up to 21st, I could not hold on to the bike anymore, but I didn’t finish last.
After I pulled off the track I got to watch Char race, she rode really well in her moto & ended up 5th the first day, I AM SO PROUD CHAR!
SATURDAY - Race day 3
This as the final day of racing for the amateurs, I was race number 2 & 20 that day. None of the women got a practice that morning because we had raced the two days before. I was unsure how I was going to do since I was not warmed up, but what can you do, just go out & ride. Kev & I got to the line as we prepared for moto 2 of my novice class. I had to try & get a better start this time. After the gate dropped, I found myself in the same position as last time, about mid-pack. Again, people were falling all over the track in the back section. Well just as luck would have it, I end up going down AGAIN! This time the bike started a little easier for me. I was back in 23rd and managed to stay there the whole race; I got arm pump after the 2nd lap and was fighting to hold on by the end of the race. I rode most of the race looking for better lines for moto 2 of Jr. Vet since that was the class that I wanted.
When time was nearing for my Jr Vet race, Chad (ProAMA) had made some suggestions about my suspension. We told him what happened last time when I raced a late moto. I went out to the back track & rode some laps before my mot, in attempt to warm up. I felt good & so did the bike. I was ready to race. I lined up on the gate & we were off! Around the sweeper we went I was neck & neck with another girl in the class, she had the inside so she got it. But I was right behind her the whole time; I did not want to lose my position since I was in second. I held onto it until after the whoop section. Coming out of the whoops I hit a large pot hole, which managed to blow my feet right off the pegs. As I squirreled around the track I found myself back in 4th AGAIN! I regained my composure & tried to catch the top 3 again, but they were pulling away. Kev was writing to me that I had a good solid lead on the 5th place girl & to ride smart & stay on 2 wheels. The top 3 women were pulling 3 secs a lap on me, I could not catch them. I got a 4-4 finish & took 4th o/a in Jr. Vet.

In the long run I had a great time racing, & hanging out with great people, Char & family, VD, Big Maico & Chad
It was an honor to ride under Garrett's number, thank you to the Berg family for letting me race in his memory!

If I mised anything on this report, CHAR or KEV, feel free to add it in!
Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 AM

Great report Tracy. To bad there were a couple of mishaps. You still rode hard and that is all one can ask of themselves. It sounds like you had fun on your road trip.

I'm glad to see you met the Tx crew and got a small sample of the type of people that attend the GMB.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:32 AM
cha cha

Excellent write up Tracy! Reading it all just brought back the whole weekend for me...what a great way to start the day.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Great write up Tracy. It is quite a drive to TX isn't it?

It sounds like you had some fun out there and 4th is great!!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:10 AM
ATM Contributor!

Excellent write up Tracy!!
Old 11-30-2006, 09:14 AM
cha cha

Tracy, I know top 3 was your goal for the jr vet class, but you rode very well, especially on Saturday. I really enjoyed watching you ride and also riding with you on Sunday as well as those practices. That really made the whole weekend for me. Thanks! And congrats on the 4th. Next year you and I will go 1-2.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Tracy,
AWESOME write up. Thank you for using Garrett's number. I have no doubt that he was proud and looking down watching you ride.

Cycle Ranch is one track that Garrett wanted to ride - in fact he had made tentative plans to ride there the day he died - with a guy named Keith Schaeffer. The plans fell through - thus we went to Splendora. I often wonder how things would have turned out if we had followed his original plans.

Thanks again for using the 393 number and I wish I could have made it there to meet you.

All the Best,

Mike Berg
"Motodad393"
Old 11-30-2006, 05:41 PM
ATM Contributor!

I truly enjoyed the write-up. Great job and I'm glad the crashes didn't cause any injuries.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Novice Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodad393 View Post
Tracy,
AWESOME write up. Thank you for using Garrett's number. I have no doubt that he was proud and looking down watching you ride.

Cycle Ranch is one track that Garrett wanted to ride - in fact he had made tentative plans to ride there the day he died - with a guy named Keith Schaeffer. The plans fell through - thus we went to Splendora. I often wonder how things would have turned out if we had followed his original plans.

Thanks again for using the 393 number and I wish I could have made it there to meet you.

All the Best,

Mike Berg
"Motodad393"
When the man upstairs recruits you for his MX team, it matters not what we do or where we go. His death has brought together a large amount of people who may never have met had it not been for him. This is how I know that your young man is in Heaven. But, Keith does talk about the day they were supposed to meet often.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 PM
cha cha

wow dav...very well said! i've got goosebumps now.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:11 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by crfjedi393 View Post
I'm glad the crashes didn't cause any injuries.

well....thats not quite true...the bike had an injury....thanks to someone else..

some girl was racing through the pits and t-boned tracy...60 bucks for a "new bling bling aluminum throttle tube" and a few bucks for an oil change. After the lil mishap the girl jumped on her bike and gave Tracy a dirty look like it was her fault...I felt like taking pipe wrench to her. Ok I'm not that violent but I was pretty upset. I should have made her pay for it.

Quote:
Tracy, I know top 3 was your goal for the jr vet class, but you rode very well, especially on Saturday. I really enjoyed watching you ride and also riding with you on Sunday as well as those practices. That really made the whole weekend for me. Thanks! And congrats on the 4th. Next year you and I will go 1-2.
I may have been a lil hard on her after novice class race but I am pretty proud of her. I think crashing twice was super frustrating for her and put alot of pressure on her to finish better. We talked about it and after my own way of appoligizing(don't ask) for jumping her she decided she is definately going to be limiting her MX racing and moving on to more GPs and Desert. We both feel that there has been way too much pressure with the MX races. We both think the GPs and Desert will be much more enjoyable and the fun factor will be there again.

Quote:
Tracy,

All the Best,

Mike Berg
"Motodad393"
Mike,
The next GMB, you can count on us being there. Thank you for the kind words. If you need anything please let us know.

-Kevin & Tracy-
Old 12-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Age is a state of Mind

Loved the report. Can't wait to get my ... doh wait. We won't get to race this next weekend will we?

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience with us, as that was really cool.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Da Bunny

Tracy, that was an incredible write up. You did good and will just get better!

DavBrucas, that was very well said. I can't think of a better answer as to why all of these great people get together other than what you said.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion