All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default MX Vs ATV REFLEX

Has anyone seen the videos for this game yet? It's literally the sickest mx game that has ever been out. Word on the forums is that Jake Moss is a featured rider in it! (congrats mossy!!)

Just that little thing makes me want this game even more. If you want to read more about it heres a link
MX vs ATV Reflex and US Open Featured Riders | MX vs ATV
Old 10-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Intermediate Class

I have been keeping my eye on this one. Looks sick ! I have been a Rainbow fan since the heyday of mcm2 (motocross madness two) and the msn zone. Looks like they nailed this one and I cant wait.

They also nailed the sound as well. The 4s hitting the rev limiter in the air is nearly perfect.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Intermediate Class

i think i may have to upgrade from my PS2 to the PS3, just so i can play the new mx game. i still love playing unleashed its cool. but the new game looks fanfabutistically awesome.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:50 AM
ATM Contributor!

Oh wow....looks like a PS3 in my future!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Expert Class

I know what i want for christmas
Old 10-10-2009, 04:06 PM
ATM Contributor!

Terrain deformation--awesome!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Beginner Class

Untamed really got me into the MX and ATV stuff but MAN Reflex looks mindblowing. I like how it looks like they've got the licensing now for the bikes and gear. The terrain deformation stuff is awesome but what I really like is that new trick system! Really can't wait to pick this up and especially get online with it
Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Novice Class

so whos playing untamed on xbox360?? i just got it over the weekend and im loving it cant wait for reflex to come out... may be the only new game ill ever buy!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Expert Class

I have been so looking forward to this game, but now I have to decide if I am going to get my ps3 fixed, again, or say "F" you to Sony and go buy an xbox 360. Anyone out there that wants to buy a ps3, please take my advice and buy the 4 year service plan Best Buy offers. I am on my 3rd ps3 and the Sony warranty is crap. They want 150 bucks everytime it breaks and it seems to break yearly. If I would have just gotten the Best Buy service plan I could have just taken it back and gotten a new one no questions asked. I tried reasoning with Sony, spoke with a manager they simply dont give a crap how many times it breaks, just keep feeding them 150 bucks. The best part is when you pay them that 150 bucks they just send a refurbished unit that is destined to break again. I am hoping someone brings a class action lawsuit against Sony. When I spend 500 bucks on the latest video game system I expect it to last more then a year.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Beginner Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobish View Post
I have been so looking forward to this game, but now I have to decide if I am going to get my ps3 fixed, again, or say "F" you to Sony and go buy an xbox 360. Anyone out there that wants to buy a ps3, please take my advice and buy the 4 year service plan Best Buy offers. I am on my 3rd ps3 and the Sony warranty is crap. They want 150 bucks everytime it breaks and it seems to break yearly. If I would have just gotten the Best Buy service plan I could have just taken it back and gotten a new one no questions asked. I tried reasoning with Sony, spoke with a manager they simply dont give a crap how many times it breaks, just keep feeding them 150 bucks. The best part is when you pay them that 150 bucks they just send a refurbished unit that is destined to break again. I am hoping someone brings a class action lawsuit against Sony. When I spend 500 bucks on the latest video game system I expect it to last more then a year.
What exactly went wrong with your system? My friend got the "yellow light of death", called Sony and she mailed it out and had it back in a week or two free of charge and that's without any special warranty. I haven't heard of anyone having to pay $150 for a PS3 repair before especially from Sony. Maybe you should trade in your PS3 for one of the new slim ones. I mean the 360 is prone to issues too with the "red ring of death". I know XBOX replaces that under warranty for free.

I've had my PS3 for a couple years with no problem.

to moose99psd: I hear ya! this game seems like it'll blow everything else away! I need a demo NOW! lol
Old 10-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDude88 View Post
What exactly went wrong with your system? My friend got the "yellow light of death", called Sony and she mailed it out and had it back in a week or two free of charge and that's without any special warranty. I haven't heard of anyone having to pay $150 for a PS3 repair before especially from Sony. Maybe you should trade in your PS3 for one of the new slim ones. I mean the 360 is prone to issues too with the "red ring of death". I know XBOX replaces that under warranty for free.

I've had my PS3 for a couple years with no problem.

to moose99psd: I hear ya! this game seems like it'll blow everything else away! I need a demo NOW! lol
The first one was after update 2 point something it would freeze on boot up, tried all the reformat, restored file system, sony took care of that one on warranty. But they shipped me back another system and only gave that one a 90 day warranty. so its been like 9-10 months and it starts freezing at random sometimes I can play other times it freezes before I can play, we tried everything the tech guy said to try and he finally said to mail it in. But since its out of warranty its a 150 dollar service charge. which I said I would pay if they sent me back a different model as I have had nothing but problems and per google the 80 gig system that plays ps2 games had a lot of issues, so I wanted a different version, they said no, so I argued that I have no problem paying the 150 but not for another refurbished unit with the same crappy 90 day warranty. But they are not helping me out.

I know Xbox has their issues as well and I am torn cause I have a lot of games and controllers and stuff that wont work with xbox. IT seems to play blu rays just fine and only acts up with disc games, seems to run games that I have downloaded just fine so I am internally debating keeping it as a bluray player for downstairs and just buying the new 120 gig ps3. But then Sony wins!!!!!!!!!! Eventually I will figure it out like I do everything else, I will make an impulse buy and put it on my credit card.....................
Old 10-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Novice Class

the new xbox's have nowhere NEAR the problems the old xbox's had... keep it clean, open space around it, and dont let it run for ungodly amounts of time on end and you will live happily ever after.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:50 PM
ATM Contributor!

I've been following the build-up to this game for a while as well.

Looks VERY promising so far with the terrain deformation and separate rider/bike controls.

Just hope it's not all hype like Untamed was. Don't get me wrong, Untamed is a solid game but alot of promises were not kept by the Rainbow guys.

Here's the latest feature from their site. It's a track and the layout/lines that will happen on the track.
Featured Track: Manchester Round 2 | MX vs ATV

Hopefully a new gameplay and or demo is released!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:18 AM
ATM Contributor!

Why Are you guys getting me hyped about something that doesnt come out until DEC!!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:53 AM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post

Looks VERY promising so far with the terrain deformation and separate rider/bike controls.

Just hope it's not all hype like Untamed was. Don't get me wrong, Untamed is a solid game but alot of promises were not kept by the Rainbow guys.

Here's the latest feature from their site. It's a track and the layout/lines that will happen on the track.

WOW man, that looks so awesome!!

I guess I better start looking for deals on a PS3!!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:53 AM
Beginner Class

Quote:

I think Rainbow probably noticed the fans they let down and really tried to step it up this time around.

That preview looks amazing! I like how they're showing off the game so much instead of trying to keep it a secret. they've got nothing to hide. I just want to see more custom stuff since I love tuning up my vehicles in these games.

I'm checking that community every day in hopes that they post up a demo release.

DRGSin393: Pre-order is where it's at, man! At least you haven't been waiting since the summer which is when I first heard about it! How do you think I feel? haha
Old 10-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Beginner Class

In case anyone's curious, I just found this article about some of the riders featured in the game:
IGN Article

Joining previously announced rider James Stewart, will be Ricky Carmichael, Jeremy McGrath, Josh Grant, Ryan Villopoto and many more.

Ricky Carmichael and Jeremy McGrath! YES!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Beginner Class

YES! Demo is confirmed!

At least now I technically don't have to wait til Dec. 1st to try this out. This is gonna be badass!
Old 10-30-2009, 08:39 PM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDude88 View Post
YES! Demo is confirmed!

At least now I technically don't have to wait til Dec. 1st to try this out. This is gonna be badass!
Yeah can't wait.

Just gotta decide whether I want to wait a week or just go and get a Gold account?
Old 11-02-2009, 01:42 PM
Beginner Class

Quote:
Yeah can't wait.

Just gotta decide whether I want to wait a week or just go and get a Gold account?
I haven't tried it, but when you sign up for a new XBOX Live account, doesn't it give you the option of a 1 month free trial of gold? Might be worth signing another name for. lol

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion