All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Intermediate Class

Default Millenium Technologies & U.S. Chrome

I've had a few experiences with both Millenium Technologies and U.S. Chrome and thought I would share my experiences.

The first cylinder I got replated was with Millenium technologies. I had no problems with shipping or the final product. Over the phone the employees were very polite and I got back my cylinder which went together perfectly and the plating and the "blending" of the ports looked very good.

With U.S. Chrome I decided to do a core exchange because of the time frame I was working with and Millenium technologies did not have my cylinder in stock. Over the phone the folks at U.S. Chrome were very polite and helpful and said they had my cylinder in stock and would charge $170 plus shipping, with was a bit cheaper then M. Tech. I promptly recieved my cylinder and was pleased with their customer service. Upon inspecting the cylinder, it just didn't look right. I could see that the ports were jagged and the powervalve couldn't slide all of the way in . I took the cylinder to a machine shop in Escondido and had them take a look. The owner of the shop said he has used U.S. Chrome with good results but that none of the ports had been blended. Needless to say I was very disappointed but the owner said he'd take a look at it and see if he could blend the ports without chipping the coating. Well, he did, for FREE and told me he'd run it on his bike. Also, upon assembley 3 of the 4 holes for the side power valve covers (don't know what else to call them) were stripped. I waited until later to calm down and call to let them know what happened so they could find out why a cylinder missed being finished. I was told their was no way that a cylinder could have passed inspection without being finished and the person was getting defensive, which is odd when I wasn't asking for anything, go figure. Sooooo, the cylinder works, but was not worth the trouble.

So all I'm trying to say is, from my experience, I would get my cylinder plated by Millenium Technologies. It may be more expensive but I prefer not having all the drama of recieving an incomplete product and having the piece of mind knowing the job was done right.

Last edited by 2strkyz; 01-22-2010 at 07:08 PM.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion