All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2018, 12:47 PM
Novice Class

Default Just got back riding after LONG time

Hi all,

I got back riding after 15 years i didn't touched a dirt bike
I bought 2015 husqvarna fe350 and got back to the desert for some technical riding.

at the begging, i have to admit, i was sorry i didn't got a 250 4t but as for now, i love this beast! i think it's a perfect piece for someone like me who wanted to get back riding after a long time...

anyway, i wonder if you have some tips for me for some training ? - we don't have any technical track here but i live next to a desert full with technical sections.

any tips how to train by myself ? what should i train first ?

anything ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:25 AM
Expert Class

Glad to hear you got back into the sport after such a long break. I'm getting back into it to although my break is much shorter only 4 years. What I have been doing is trying to get my cardio back up to snuff. I have also been telling myself that my skills are not the same as it once was to take it easy and listen to my body. As for the bike stuff I don't really have much I just look for fun or challenging things to do and do them. I do work on balance stuff a lot.
Old 04-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Novice Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran676 View Post
Glad to hear you got back into the sport after such a long break. I'm getting back into it to although my break is much shorter only 4 years. What I have been doing is trying to get my cardio back up to snuff. I have also been telling myself that my skills are not the same as it once was to take it easy and listen to my body. As for the bike stuff I don't really have much I just look for fun or challenging things to do and do them. I do work on balance stuff a lot.
After 6 months of riding back i can tell you that i did the right thing, and i believe you gonna enjoy that as well.
When i got back riding, i was after knee injury, which i still have some problem with my bone (fibula head) slipping out sometimes, and i didn't had much confidence. but the bike gave me my confidence back pretty fast, and it helps me to straighten my knee muscles (fibula to be accurate) as well.
Today, you can see in my videos that i'm pushing myself harder every ride and enjoys every moment.
One thing i can recommend you, and to every other rider. Don't save on your protection. get a good knee braces, not the plastic ones, same as boots, helmet & roost deflector. We are not young anymore, and some of us have families...
What bike are you planning to get ?

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion