All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:27 AM
DRGSin393's Avatar
ATM Contributor!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Last Online: 06-10-2014 12:42 PM
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,720
Default

     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
So outsourcing does not bother you at all. We have a ton of people out of work here in the states, but that's ok cause other countries have work and were giving it to them. We just need to sit back and wait for our own people to cut us in. Like I said, it's ok cause were keeping other countries from being unemployed.
I never said outsourcing doesnt bother me. I think it sucks. I know full well its effects on employment in America. Get the unions and politicians to back off the very companies that create jobs here in the states and outsourcing wouldnt be necessary. Outsourcing is a result of government choking American businesses. Place the blame where its deserved.



Quote:
Originally Posted by yzernie View Post
Here's the bottom line.....Nike dumped Tiger and they needed another top black athlete to promote thier products. Supercross and Motocross are untapped in the Nike world and they are going after a market share. Think I'm wrong?...when to you to a Supercross near you take a look at what people are wearing on their feet and clothes.

Until folks stop buying their products that are outsourced to Malaysia and Vietnam they will continue to be one of the top Fortune 500 companies. I don't buy Nike products because of their price, not because of where they are made. Also, certain Nike products carry a connotation with certain gangs here in Southern California and I don't want to be any part of that nonsense.
A division of Nike has been in talks w/Stewart for more than a few years. As a matter of fact, the year Larocco won the Indy SX(cant remember the year)was when Stew was first approached, so Tiger has nothing to do w/this. Im with you E, if you dont like something, talk with your wallet.

Last edited by DRGSin393; 01-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Duran676's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Last Online: 08-02-2012 04:12 PM
Location: San Diego
Posts: 864
Default

I agree with Nike being over priced, that’s the reason I don’t by then very often. However I had no clue they made all their stuff overseas. I thought they had a few factories here and a few there. I never really was a fan of Nike. I'm more of a Vans, Etnies, and DC type a guy. But I support Freak about not buying them because they are made overseas. Guess I have a good reason not to support them now. I try to buy American when I can.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-13-2010, 12:07 PM
DRGSin393's Avatar
ATM Contributor!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Last Online: 06-10-2014 12:42 PM
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,720
Default

Etnies are a French brand, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Duran676's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Last Online: 08-02-2012 04:12 PM
Location: San Diego
Posts: 864
Default

really wow... I thought that was owned by some skateboarder
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM
DRGSin393's Avatar
ATM Contributor!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Last Online: 06-10-2014 12:42 PM
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran676 View Post
really wow... I thought that was owned by some skateboarder
who knows where any of these shoes are made!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-13-2010, 02:32 PM
SikspakD's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Last Online: 02-10-2014 06:30 AM
Location: On the track, Indiana
Posts: 625
Default

Outsourcing is a result of not American government "choking" American business.
These companies that contribute to the problem of outsourcing, are nothing more than greedy businessmen sending work overseas for a high PROFIT margin.
It is clear, that not every American business is outsourced labor that can be.

So, you are wrong.


YZErnie is right about the NIKE move from Tiger to Stewart. +2 on that idea, you are a sharp dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGSin393 View Post
Wow, what a hater. At least make some sense when you hate. Last time I checked Sidis and Garnes werent inexpensive. How could such bold predictions( Im sure they suck) be made when this past weekend was the first time youve even heard of these boots!


Youre worried about outsourcing to foriegn countries? If it wasnt for companies like Nike, the workers of malayia and Vietnam wouldnt be making 1/2 the money theyre earning. More than likely, theyd be unemployeed. Youve got issues with outsourcing, blame the choking laws and regulation our govt puts on big business here in the states. How does you purchasing boots from Italy help OUR economy? I miss that point.


Some hippie who busted his butt coming up w/an idea that noone else had come up with, and sacraficing to make his dreams come true. Lets hate him for being successful and providing a decent living for 1000s of people in undeveloped countries. Have you read his story? Perhaps youd find it an interesting read. Since when should innovation, perseverence and hard work be frowned upon? He should be used as an example of the ideal, not used as an outlet for your class envy.

The fact is that these boots are probably no better and more likely, not as good as the established brands that have had years of R&D and countless transformations to get them to this where they are now. To dismiss a brand because of some personal vandetta against a company and its owner or objection as to how they are perceived to do business is even understandable, ill informed, and wrong, but understandable. But to claim they "must suck" before anything has been written about them or any testing done, is wrong. Thatd be like me saying you must suck at riding because I dont like Hondas and you ride a Honda.
Hater? That's Cliche'
If the shoes are an indication on how the boots will perform, then yes they do suck when compared to boots of such caliber, Im sure JS would not wear OCELOT's brand of boot. In comparison, Nike, has seriously entered in a market that it should be a front runner in, as a gimme. You and I know that they will be expensive. And are of comparison to other brands boots that professionals wear.(Gaerne, SIDI, Alpinestars)

And yes, HELL YES, I frown upon outsourced labor. IT stifles our economy, hinders any such sort of "growth" that everyone is so desperately looking for. Check unemployment lately? Do I need to be any more clear about that?- NO

It just so happens that I ride dirtbikes, which are mainly JAPANESE. Ive rode them all. I had a Yamaha, and now I have a Honda. BFD. If you knew me better, you would have known that. Miniscule in aspect to argument. I would rather have italian leather than cheap *** chinese plastic.

I have heard of these boots before the race, BTW. Look at Stewarts photos of him wearing them. They are falling apart on the back, and they look NIKE cheap.

It just comes down to you misunderstanding me. If you knew me, (obviously you don't) I really don't care for you implying what I know. Can you read minds?
QUOTE=DRGSin393;598831]Wow, what a hater. At least make some sense when you hate. Last time I checked Sidis and Garnes werent inexpensive. How could such bold predictions( Im sure they suck) be made when this past weekend was the first time youve even heard of these boots! End Quote.

You support outsourcing? Do you think its a good thing that these people have american jobs? I find that hard to understand. For an American. Choking laws on foreign nations? Like what? Trade embargo's with countries supporting terrorists acts?Iran, Iraq, Cuba? North Korea? Most of Russia? Controls must be put in place to not support these nations with their intentions.


Nike is garbage. I don't support them.Sorry for having my opinion.

Oh and as for the dirtbike thing, You have a nice little YZ250 I would like to get my hands on for sure! Never seen so much money spent on a 03-04 YZ250. Sub-Tanks, with the Flexx bars and suspension work? Get out of here.

Last edited by SikspakD; 01-13-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-13-2010, 03:27 PM
Woody_393's Avatar
Age is a state of Mind
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Last Online: 10-10-2018 11:27 PM
Location: UTAH
Posts: 29,482
Default

I thought this thread was about boots??? Can we PALEASE get back on topic.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
scooter842's Avatar
Intermediate Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Last Online: 06-16-2016 09:44 PM
Location: Grapevine Tx
Posts: 435
Default

haha.. man! If we could only do this face to face!

I know absolutely NOTHING about these boots, just basics and and how they look. They certainly do look a bit different. However, i could not rule out the fact that i wouldn't try them. I mean you never know... they could turn out to be one of the best boots on the market...

I say lets let Nike break them in, give them a chance to enter the off-road moto. world and see what comes of it.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Freak's Avatar
Hook'Em
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Last Online: 01-31-2016 12:41 AM
Location: House Of Pain
Posts: 2,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGSin393 View Post
I never said outsourcing doesnt bother me. I think it sucks. I know full well its effects on employment in America. Get the unions and politicians to back off the very companies that create jobs here in the states and outsourcing wouldnt be necessary. Outsourcing is a result of government choking American businesses. Place the blame where its deserved.




A division of Nike has been in talks w/Stewart for more than a few years. As a matter of fact, the year Larocco won the Indy SX(cant remember the year)was when Stew was first approached, so Tiger has nothing to do w/this. Im with you E, if you dont like something, talk with your wallet.
thanks Doc, I was unclear on your post as to where you stood.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 AM
DRGSin393's Avatar
ATM Contributor!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Last Online: 06-10-2014 12:42 PM
Location: Indy
Posts: 7,720
Default

FIRST OF ALL, YOU HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FROM ME AND IVE ALWAYS AND STILL DO CONSIDER YOU A FRIEND, SO NONE OF THIS IS MEANT TO BE TAKEN PERSONALLY. ITS JUST 2 PEOPLE EXPRESSING THEIR OPINIONS, AGREEING TO DISAGREE, IF THAT IS THE CASE, AND MOVING ON. THE CAPS ARE NOT THAT IM SCREAMING-JUST TO DISTINGUISH MY REPLIES FROM YOUR COMMENTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikspakD View Post
Outsourcing is a result of not American government "choking" American business.
These companies that contribute to the problem of outsourcing, are nothing more than greedy businessmen sending work overseas for a high PROFIT margin.
It is clear, that not every American business is outsourced labor that can be.

So, you are wrong.

KEEP UPPING THE TAXES ON AMERICAN COMPANIES AND CONTINUE TO STIFLE THEM WITH UNREASONABLE UNION DEMANDS, HEALTHCARE "REFORM" AND RISING TAXES AND WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS

YZErnie is right about the NIKE move from Tiger to Stewart. +2 on that idea, you are a sharp dude.
WRONG-THE JORDAN BRAND(A NIKE SUBSIDIARY) WAS COURTING JS. THE THOUGHT AT ONE TIME WAS EVEN ABOUT STARTING AN MX TEAM. JORDAN WENT ON TO ROADRACING, AND NIKE TOOK OVER FROM THERE. BESIDES, TIGER'S THING JUST HAPPENED, THESE BOOTS HAVE BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT A MUCH LONGER TIME. THINK ABOUT IT.



Hater? That's Cliche'
If the shoes are an indication on how the boots will perform, then yes they do suck when compared to boots of such caliber, Im sure JS would not wear OCELOT's brand of boot. In comparison, Nike, has seriously entered in a market that it should be a front runner in, as a gimme. You and I know that they will be expensive. And are of comparison to other brands boots that professionals wear.(Gaerne, SIDI, Alpinestars)
RIDERS WILL WEAR WHAT THEYRE PAID TO WEAR. REMEMBER RICKY AND THAT NO NAME BREAND THAT NO LONGER EXISTS?
And yes, HELL YES, I frown upon outsourced labor. IT stifles our economy, hinders any such sort of "growth" that everyone is so desperately looking for. Check unemployment lately? Do I need to be any more clear about that?- NO
WE AGREE HERE-BUT DISAGREE ON THE CAUSES OF OUTSOURCING

It just so happens that I ride dirtbikes, which are mainly JAPANESE. Ive rode them all. I had a Yamaha, and now I have a Honda. BFD. If you knew me better, you would have known that. Miniscule in aspect to argument. I would rather have italian leather than cheap *** chinese plastic.

YOU MISSED MY POINT. MY POINT BEING NOT WHAT YOU RIDE BUT THE ITALIAN BOOTS YOU WEAR. YOURE NOT HELPING THE US ECONOMY BY BUYING ITALIAN BOOTS. SO DONT LOOK DOWN UPON BOOTS BECAUSE THEYRE MADE IN MALAYSIA. MAKES NO SENSE.
I have heard of these boots before the race, BTW. Look at Stewarts photos of him wearing them. They are falling apart on the back, and they look NIKE cheap.

It just comes down to you misunderstanding me. If you knew me, (obviously you don't) I really don't care for you implying what I know. Can you read minds?
QUOTE=DRGSin393;598831]Wow, what a hater. At least make some sense when you hate. Last time I checked Sidis and Garnes werent inexpensive. How could such bold predictions( Im sure they suck) be made when this past weekend was the first time youve even heard of these boots! End Quote.
I DONT CLAIM TO KNOW YOU, OTHER THAT KNOWING YOURE A STANDUP GUY THAT I GOT ALONG REALLY WELL WITH AND WOULD GLADLY HANG OUT WITH. BUT...YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THESE BOOTS-DIRECT ME TO AN ARTICLE OR A REVIEW OF THEM. THERE ARENT ANY.YOU MADE AN ASSUMPTION BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE NIKE, FOR REASONS OTHER THAN THE QUALITY OF THEIR WORK-YOUR RERASON BEING THAT THEY OUTSOURCE.
You support outsourcing? Do you think its a good thing that these people have american jobs? I find that hard to understand. For an American. Choking laws on foreign nations? Like what? Trade embargo's with countries supporting terrorists acts?Iran, Iraq, Cuba? North Korea? Most of Russia? Controls must be put in place to not support these nations with their intentions.


Nike is garbage. I don't support them.Sorry for having my opinion.

Oh and as for the dirtbike thing, You have a nice little YZ250 I would like to get my hands on for sure! Never seen so much money spent on a 03-04 YZ250. Sub-Tanks, with the Flexx bars and suspension work? Get out of here.
I DONT LIKE OUTSOURCING EITHER-LET THAT BE CLEAR. AND I KNOW FIRST HAND HOW IT AFFECTS US JOBS-MY OWN BUSINESS HAS BEEN HURT BY IT. ID BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO FURTHER EXPLAIN WHY I THINK POLITICS IS A MAJOR REASON FOR JOBS GOING OVERSEAS. OUT OF RESPECT TO THE THREAD AND WOODY, WE COULD TAKE THIS UP VIA PM, EMAILS OR EVEN OVER A BEER NEXT TIME WE MEET. I THINK YOULL COME TO REALIZE WERE MORE SIMILAR IN OUR THOUGHTS THAN YOU THINK.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 PM
SikspakD's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Last Online: 02-10-2014 06:30 AM
Location: On the track, Indiana
Posts: 625
Default

For sure, agree to disagree. I am in no way bashing you or putting anyone down, etc. These are just views I have about Nike and their products.
I did want to know your views on outsourcing, so thank you. ITs horrible.
Obviously, you have some insider info about Stewart and the Nike thing. Or I don't read as much as I used to. LOL

I still think outsourcing is not appropriate for growth in our current economy. There are so many ways to view this topic, like the other people having jobs and not us being a "good thing" for them.

Pretty tired from the first week school. Im sure my arguments would be better another day, Im pretty tired.. Man, am I getting old or something?

I totally respect you as a person and a friend. Everyone I have met so far on this site have been good people. Sorry Woody, If I blew up your thread. I do apologize on my part.

Your a pretty smart guy Doc and I will take you up on that beer!-Derek
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-14-2010, 11:58 PM
yzernie's Avatar
Retired now a House Biatch
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Last Online: 09-22-2018 10:44 PM
Location: Oak Hills/Hesperia, Ca.
Posts: 7,825
Default

And...my Tiger/Stewart comment was tongue-in-cheek. Anyways, I'd like to put a pair on these hoofs of mine and see how they feel compared to my Gaerne SG10's.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-16-2010, 09:19 AM
SikspakD's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Last Online: 02-10-2014 06:30 AM
Location: On the track, Indiana
Posts: 625
Default

I don't know, those Gaerne's are the best boots I have ever worn next to my Alpinestars.
Nike def has work cut out for them. Wait until they come out with Nike Jerseys and pants, gloves, socks....LOL
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-16-2010, 10:13 AM
kschilk's Avatar
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Last Online: 01-29-2012 07:15 AM
Location: Northwest PA
Posts: 507
Default

On the upside....we'd be able to pick-up mx gear at places like Wal Mart & Footlocker.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-19-2010, 07:37 AM
bronc3's Avatar
Intermediate Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Last Online: 08-29-2018 11:45 AM
Location: Zero Gulch,Floriduh
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschilk View Post
On the upside....we'd be able to pick-up mx gear at places like Wal Mart & Footlocker.

Now THERE'S a concept - if it's worth buying. I've got to drive a minumum of 50 miles to buy gear without resorting to the internet, and their selection is usually less than great; prices high.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Expert Class
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Last Online: 02-20-2016 01:21 PM
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Default

Naw, Sidi for me. Tony
Reply With Quote
Reply

  All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion


Bookmarks

Tags
airmx, nike 6.0

Thread Tools


Similar Threads for: It's gotta be the boots... Nike 6.0 AirMX
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i really gotta know busaturbo15 2-Stroke Dirt Bikes - Yamaha 4 09-08-2007 07:01 AM
Nike sponsoring Reed's supercross team zoohoot393 General Discussion 13 09-06-2006 06:42 PM
You gotta have a quote for this yzernie General Discussion 15 04-26-2004 09:11 PM
GOTTA TRUCK!!! ddfh_4_life General Discussion 11 03-22-2004 11:21 PM
Kids Boots Ocelot Boots Size 5 whyzee Classified Ads 0 04-14-2003 01:01 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright ©2002-2017, JDub Consulting, Inc. All Right Reserved.