All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Beginner Class

Default Input on Rekluse CORE EXP 3.0 CLUTCH for my 05 CRF 450 R

Hey all I am considering having a Rekluse CORE EXP 3.0 CLUTCH installed on my 05 CRF 450 R, What is everyone's input on these? I have read the website and what features it has and offers but what is you the riders thoughts on it ? I mostly ride trails, single track,hillclimbs with some atv / jeep trails in the mix once in a blue moon might hit track. Thanks for any advice and input, I have heard the one bad thing is you lose the ability to bump / compression start the bike is this true ?

here is what it says on the website https://rekluse.com/product/core-exp-3-0-clutch/

What it does

Using the principles of centrifugal force, Core EXP automatically engages and disengages based on RPM. This means you can come to a complete stop in gear, without touching the clutch lever, and your bike stays running.

Featured Technology

– EXP (Auto Clutch)

– Core (Machined Billet Awesome)

Features and benefits

– Prevents engine stalls

– Clutch lever use is optional; lever feel and function are unchanged

– Smooth power engagement increases traction

– Cooler operating temperatures and incredibly efficient clutching provide extended clutch life

– Allows riders to refine skills like precise throttle control, line selection, and cornering

– Proprietary billet components offer superior durability

– Riding is enhanced, more fun, and less demanding so riders can conquer more terrain

– Fully tunable to suit rider and/or terrain

– Manual shifting of transmission still required

– Most installations do not require modification of stock parts
Old 09-23-2018, 11:26 AM
Intermediate Class

I have these on two of my three bikes. IMHO, They are awesome. I installed the CRF 450 EXP with torque drive plate system on my 94 CR 250. I also installed the recluse basket with the metal sleeves that come with the EXP and insert into the basket. It’s an awesome setup.

In tight woods it lets you focus on your corner speed. In tight wet woods it lets your rear wheel hook without unnecessary wheel spin. In tight wet woods with roots and fallen trees it’s like cheating.

You lose your ability to bump start but your bike never stalls.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:19 PM
ATM! Pro Class

I have the EXP 3.0 on my 2005 Crf450r and love it. You will have some spring combo choices to make to get the engagement the way you want it. I do however suggest that you spring for the heavier weights as they work much better that the OEM units. They cost about $90, but are well worth the price.

Paw Paw
Old 09-24-2018, 08:18 AM
will fall over

I have one on a 250f and it is a great mod it should be perfect for your application. Takes a while to learn NOT to cover the clutch but once you get the hang its a no brainer. I have been able to stall it on my bike and a 450f but I had to try. Someone said you can adjust the cable to get it to bump start but I have never had to. Left hand quits burning=ride longer. My advice is to go for it.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion