All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-114/)
-   -   Girl at Johnson Valley this weekend RIP (http://www.allthingsmoto.com/forums/f-114/girl-johnson-valley-weekend-rip-30498/)

feinded 10-09-2006 11:42 AM

Girl at Johnson Valley this weekend RIP

Some young girl died this weekend out at Johnson Valley. I dont know details so im not going to say anything. What i do know is she was on the lake bed and the rear of her bike looked pretty bad. Anyways i hate being reminded how dangerous this sport is, so please keep it safe.

Little Girl RIP

crfjedi393 10-09-2006 11:46 AM

Re: Girl at Johnson Valley this weekend RIP

:( Prayers to the family. It can happen soooo fast.

DsBabyDoll 10-09-2006 12:16 PM

http://www.district37ama.org/forums/...ad.php?t=10449

That tells the story.

MONSTER450 10-09-2006 12:40 PM

thats the right story... if you read through that forum it completely explains it out there. I have never seen soggy that out of control.

MONSTER450 10-09-2006 12:51 PM

i really like how it was a poker run for law enforcement/search and rescue and the amount of drunks out there was incredible. I thought for sure the cops were going to roll in any minute during the night and stop the crazy drunks.... i understand now why nothing happened. i love the immunity they carry.

any idea on the status of the little boy that was airlifted on sunday afternoon?

i saw an ambulance out there 3 times in the 24 hour period i was out there. Never before had i even seen 1 ambulance out there.

DsBabyDoll 10-09-2006 12:54 PM

Don't know about the injuries at the poker run at Soggy. Just the ones at Anderson at the SoCal race. One serious back injury/broken leg and a few collar bones/broken hands/broken bike type issues. Sounds like Soggy was a place I was glad we were NOT at this weekend. Those out of control things don't happen in D37.

MONSTER450 10-09-2006 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DsBabyDoll (Post 417499)
Sounds like Soggy was a place I was glad we were NOT at this weekend. Those out of control things don't happen in D37.

yep, and unfortunately we decided on going to soggy because we did not want the crowd of the race. not that it's a bad crowd but we bring our dogs out and would rather not have to worry about them stealing peoples food or barking at them. we rode over to anderson and there really wasn't many people there.... still not sure what i will do next time. I know i will not participate or be near the law enforcement activities.....

I have to admit though it was cool to watch the buggies/ jeeps/ trucks climb the hill....

feinded 10-09-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MONSTER450 (Post 417501)
yep, and unfortunately we decided on going to soggy because we did not want the crowd of the race. not that it's a bad crowd but we bring our dogs out and would rather not have to worry about them stealing peoples food or barking at them. we rode over to anderson and there really wasn't many people there.... still not sure what i will do next time. I know i will not participate or be near the law enforcement activities.....

I have to admit though it was cool to watch the buggies/ jeeps/ trucks climb the hill....

Yea that was a fun night, but i do agree way too many people.

MONSTER450 10-09-2006 03:13 PM

O.C. teen dead in desert mishap
By JOHN MacDONALD
The Orange County Register

Jamie Michelle Ainley, 18, of Yorba Linda died Saturday evening, the apparent victim of an off-road motorcycle accident, the San Bernardino coroner's office reported.

The teenager was at a remote recreation area at Soggy Dry Lake near Lucerne Valley with her family. She was last seen riding her 1982 Honda near the lake bed at about 7:15 p.m.

She failed to return, and her family found her unresponsive at about 8:28 p.m. Investigators theorize that she lost control and was ejected. She was wearing a helmet. The death is being investigated by the California Highway Patrol.

courtesy of oc register /\ /\

from another forum

3 incidents total.

1- Girl on a bike- Confirmed via OC Register

2- A quad rider- Unconfirmed fatal- People in our group rode up on a flipped over quad with a lot of blood around. Were told by some guys in oranges vests that it was a fatality and they were waiting for the sheriff to arrive.

3- rhino vs bike- The bike was a guy riding with my sisters friends son. Apparently the kid in the Rhino wasnt doing so well when they were working on him. I think he is 9 or 10.

DsBabyDoll 10-09-2006 03:19 PM

No offense intended, but I think everyone gets the drift on this subject. It was a bad weekend for many at Soggy Dry Lake. Our thoughts for the families involved.