All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Beginner Class

Angry Ebay Scammer

So heres the deal...

Two weeks ago I got my new cranks seals form the dealer... I open up my bike (tranny side) and I descovered why my clutch hasnt been working so well. The "teeth" of the basket were notched from the plate (decently deep). So i go on ebay, which ive never had a problem with, and find a good used clutch basket with little wear. It had a buy it now option for 27$ and since there was a few other clutches which had all gone over this i decide to "buy it now". The guy (*******) had good feedback so I sent him my paypal money right away. Now he hasnt replied to any emails or picked up the phone. In the course of the week after the auction close he received 4 or 5 negative feedbacks :S. If anyone lives in ***** ******** and would care to give an @ss kicking it would be greatly appreciated(very greatly). My bike is sad and still in pieces and now i hafta scrounge up an other 30$ to get a clutch. People like this suck.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Expert Class

Default Re: Ebay Scammer

Contact paypal and tell them and if you used a credit card for paypal dipute it with the company.It may take a bit but you'll get your money back.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:10 PM
ATM Contributor!

cob;
I feel for your situation, as I was ALMOST ripped off to the tune of 350 bucks for a swing-arm!:

Luckily, things panned out, and possibly will for you too.

I DO however highly suggest you remove the persons full name from your post, as even though you have a right to be P.O'ed, this problem has not been given a chance to go through due process, and calling someone out by name AND accusing them of theft is HIGHLY discouraged!

There are legal matters which could result from things like this that we don't generally think about at the time.

Please remove the persons name and address, or one of my fellow mods who takes care of this forum will do so.

Once again, I feel for your situation, however, real names and accusations like this are a real no-no.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:11 PM
ATM Contributor!

Did you e-mail ebay and file a complaint against him? They will follow up with you, they don't take this kind of thing lightly.

Has he listed anything new in the last week or so since he hasn't been in contact? It sounds like something might have happened, or perhaps he was gone for Thanksgiving. It isn't normal for a person with good feedback to turn sour like that.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:25 PM
Beginner Class

I have contacted both ebay and paypal... ebay doesnt give back the first 40$ cdn off a auction (since mine turned out to 42$ its not that usefull) and paypall said I have to wait 60 days or something before they do anything (hopefully i get my money back). 2fun; hopefully il have the same luck you did... I dont think accusing someone of theft is a crime especially since he did take my money and hasnt even shown me a sign of life... but I dont want to piss anyone off with my post and I shall edit it... No he hasnt listed anything new, but he has since switched his feedback to private so no one can see it. I hope he was only gone for thanksgiving... but if so he has been on one long vacation.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:32 PM
ATM Contributor!

Thumbs up Re: Ebay Scammer

Quote:
Originally posted by cob
I have contacted both ebay and paypal... ebay doesnt give back the first 40$ cdn off a auction (since mine turned out to 42$ its not that usefull) and paypall said I have to wait 60 days or something before they do anything (hopefully i get my money back). 2fun; hopefully il have the same luck you did... I dont think accusing someone of theft is a crime especially since he did take my money and hasnt even shown me a sign of life... but I dont want to piss anyone off with my post and I shall edit it... No he hasnt listed anything new, but he has since switched his feedback to private so no one can see it. I hope he was only gone for thanksgiving... but if so he has been on one long vacation.
Thanks for your cooperation cob.

I really DO hope things work out for you!

I know all too well how many jerks are out there.

I am always quite leery of buying anything through E-bay, though I HAVE done much business through them.

Not much else gripes me more than getting ripped off!

I got TWO yes TWO Banshees ripped off from me a couple of years ago.

Boy would I have liked to catch the party/parties involved in THAT one!

Nothing a good Butt-kicking couldn't take care of I say.......:zap
Old 12-02-2003, 06:44 PM
Expert Class

ALL of my mom's audio is from ebay, but we got it from people with 98% or betterratings and/or powersellers/dealers.

As for you, GL!
Old 12-02-2003, 06:48 PM
Beginner Class

hehe... thanks for positive wishes....

Ouch... that really sucks about the banshees... I find having something stolen or scamed or wtv is not just hard to take because you lost something, in my case its not really the 40$ thats pisses me off, but just cause its like someone sh....ing in your face and theres usually nothing you can do about it. It makes you feel violated... which sucks... and there is really no way to get revenge.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion