All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Expert Class

Default Dallas SX Results (sorry, edited title for those that watch on tv - zoohoot)

Well it has happened.......The passing of the torch???!!! I thought it would have happened sooner like it did for Mcgrath....but there is probably more competition now than then. The season is getting really exciting now!!! Can Reed and RC step it up? Or will RC just cruise to the championship?
Old 04-02-2005, 10:40 PM
Pro Class

Default Re: Dallas SX Results (sorry, edited title for those that watch on tv - zoohoot)

I don't think Reed or RC are worried about what Stewart does. We were talking about this in the chat. Bubba isn't a factor in this season, so RC is just gonna keep from making mistakes and Reed's gonna try to beat RC. I think when Reed gets close, RC will show him up, though.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:43 PM
cha cha

Default Re: Dallas SX Results (sorry, edited title for those that watch on tv - zoohoot)

At this point, I think RC is just concentrating on the title...which I guess its smart for him, but it's disappointing to me.

Reed has definitely stepped it up...I'm just wondering whether or not RC can match his pace...

And Bubba...he just spanked 'em both.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Banned

Can't wait to see the race tomorrow.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:07 PM
ATM! Addict

What a race! I think RC is such an ambassador of the sport that he is cooling it a little for the championship and knows its good for the sport if Bubba wins and Reed wins and he doesn't run away with it like he did outdoors. Tv will tell more tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Expert Class

we all know Bubba is a darn good rider...no doubt about it..and yes perhaps he has the skills to consistantly beat RC and Reed...but wel never know till next season. No matter what Bubba does this year even if he wins every race from here on out theres the matter of Bubba cant beat Rc and Reed this year. Reed is out to beat RC and RC im sure is sick and tired of falling so hes gonna play it safe and let Reed do all the hard work. RC just has to stay on 2 wheels even if it means staying behind Reed. Do you think Reed or even RC,s ego would allow them to possably toss a season win trying to beat Bubba?...i dont think so. of course Reed needs those win points to catch RC so he has to try and beat Bubba but im sure Reed wont cry as long as hes beating RC. they dont care how fast he rides and dont have to beat him. Bubba can dream about the fact hes beating RC and Reed, but i seriously feel RC and Reed are not racing bubba, as far as theyr concerned hes not even there.

i guess what im saying is Bubba cant really say or take the torch from RC or Reed until next year even if he wins all the races now. Fact is Rc and Reed arnt there to worry about Bubba
Old 04-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Novice Class

so wats the results bubba 1st who placed 2nd n 3rd reed then carmichael or carmichael then reed? :
Old 04-03-2005, 03:24 AM
ATM Contributor!

Looks like it was:

1. Bubba
2. RC
3. Reed
4. Tortelli
5. LaRocco
Old 04-03-2005, 03:46 PM
Intermediate Class

Stewarts starts were amazing. You see his heat race? Holy Cow. Rc may be playing it safe, but 14 seconds ahead is a little big of a gap behind to be playing it safe.. IMO, Bubba is better outdoors than he is indoors. Don't get me wrong, RC is great, but Stewart on a 250 outdoors, he will be bookin
Old 04-03-2005, 07:30 PM
ATM! Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_YZee
e not racing bubba, as far as theyr concerned hes not even there.

i guess what im saying is Bubba cant really say or take the torch from RC or Reed until next year even if he wins all the races now. Fact is Rc and Reed arnt there to worry about Bubba
I am not sure I agree....I see and understand your point. HOWEVER Bubba was faster in practice, his afternoon qualifier, his heat race and the main event than anyone in the building. If these guys have to push it so hard to stay with Bubba that they would risk a crash or DNF....then there is your answer....Bubba is MUCH faster than they are. If they were just as fast....it would be a close 3 man race as it would not require that they ride on the ragged edge to stay with him. For everyone in Texas Stadium that witnessed Bubba's first 250 Supercross win.......it was painfully obvious within 15 seconds after the gate dropped.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:43 PM
cha cha

All I know is....I cannot wait for the outdoor season!

There'll be none of this speculation as to whether or not RC is playing it safe to win a title. It's going to be awesome!
Old 04-03-2005, 07:55 PM
ATM! Addict

I hope the outdoor season does pan out to be as good as it's potential.

In the middle of the main event last night it dawned on me that Supercross is about to get boring.....I like Bubba but we may have to get interested in the race for 2nd place....like we did last night.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:34 PM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdxchar393
All I know is....I cannot wait for the outdoor season!

There'll be none of this speculation as to whether or not RC is playing it safe to win a title. It's going to be awesome!
I will second that, and for the record Stewart is going to have to work for the outdoor title...RC is a machine outdoors, he rides like a man posessed, but then so does Bubba....yeah it's gonna be good.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion