All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 02:03 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Cali Riding

I got home last night from riding in Cali and thought I'd share.

Saturday we went to Milestone Ranch. This track was very silty and was way fun to blast through the turns. The jumps were sort of goofy as they developed ruts and holes in the faces due to the silty dirt, plus the landers were straight up and down. There was one in particular that bottomed the forks fairly harshly every time because of the g-out lander. Settign up the suspension stiffer woudl have helped, but tapering the landers a bit would have made it much smoother. They also had a rhthym consisting of 12 rolers that was really tough on the 125. All in all the turns were fun, but I wasn't a huge fan of the layout or the wayt he jumps were designed.

Sunday we went to Perris and had a good time. This track flowed well, was good for all skill levels and the dirt was good. The dirt looked semi hard and slick but was very tacky and developed deep ruts along with fair sized acceleration and braking bumps. They have one big table that is well designed and safe along with a cool rhythm section. I didn't get the rhythm down due to not wanting to take any chances while not in my home state, but just going through in a lazy fashion was still fun. They did a great job of splitting practice and maintaining the track. So all-in-all I was very happy with Perris.

So there it is. One great weekend, two good rides and I'm just glad to be home. Oh, for those of you that have never been to Chapparal before, it's huge and packed full of sweet stuff. Definitely worth a look if you are in that area. Mama was pleased with me when I handed her the cool Fox purse that I picked up from there. I got a few points with that one.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:08 PM
Expert Class

Default Re: Cali Riding

the dude abides !
Old 07-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Intermediate Class

Glad you had a great time while riding in Cali. Next time you'll have to try Cahuilla Creek, Comp edge, geln helen etc.

Maybe another ATM So Cal ride should come up again????
Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 AM
ATM Contributor!

Cool report BvB. Im not sure I quite understand what silt is...Is it real loose powdery dirt or some kind of ash? Does it behave like sand?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:32 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXER101 View Post
Glad you had a great time while riding in Cali. Next time you'll have to try Cahuilla Creek, Comp edge, geln helen etc.

Maybe another ATM So Cal ride should come up again????
We went right by Comp Edge but it was windy and super packed so we skipped it. Cool looking track though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGSin393 View Post
Cool report BvB. Im not sure I quite understand what silt is...Is it real loose powdery dirt or some kind of ash? Does it behave like sand?
Loose powdery dirt pretty much.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 AM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRGSin393 View Post
Yep, real loose powdery dirt.

The finer it is the less useful it is to corner against.

Alot of silty small berms used to form around my track. It wasn't very good to have though as it was too powdery and fine to rail against and it was that fine that just riding into it produced big clusters of powder clouds!
Old 07-10-2007, 11:06 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_Rider_22 View Post
Yep, real loose powdery dirt.

The finer it is the less useful it is to corner against.

Alot of silty small berms used to form around my track. It wasn't very good to have though as it was too powdery and fine to rail against and it was that fine that just riding into it produced big clusters of powder clouds!
It was watered pretty well, so hammering through the berm didn't produce the big dust cloud.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion