All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Expert Class

Default Bad day Sunday

Well it all started off pretty bad for me yesterday. It's ironic because mothers' day is susposed to be an all around good day. I woke up yesterday knowing I wouldn't be home to ride all day and went out to my truck to get a cd for the ride over to my grandma's. I walked out to my truck, and the door was unlocked. I got inside to get a cd out of my viser cd holder and it was gone, alone with 6 "you win free 1-liter coke product" pop caps, pictures of my girlfriend and I, and a change holder. I then thought back, because every night I always get out and immediately hit the lock button. Saturday night though, I went to get some Taco Bell and had some extra things I needed to get out of the passanger side door. I got everything out and it slipped my mind to push "lock". That mistake cost me. Someone also broke out the rear window of my truck a few days ago, I'm thinking this was the same person...someone that walks the streets every night checking to see if I forgot to lock my door. It's sad because music is a huge part of my life, and I had a great selection of all the greatest (Dream Theater, RUSH, Queensryche, Symphony-X, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones) all gone, about 40 cds or so. I just wanted to let the fellow ATMers know about my tragic story. A simple mistake cost me, thanks for reading guys.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:24 AM
ATM Contributor!

Default Re: Bad day Sunday

Damn, that's a tough thing mate.

I understand how important music is. I listen to music for at leat 2 hours everynight with my speakers and sub before I go to bed and whenever I am on the computer I have my headphones with some tunes playing.

Music is a powerful thing, especially when listening the type that gets you in a happy state of mind.

Sorry to hear that the thieving scum got into your truck and made away with your prized possesions. That simply not kool

If you would me to d/l some songs to re-start your collection just PM me.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:50 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Yuck! Sounds like you do ahve someone going around your neighborhood checking doors. Good luck on getting some new music.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:55 AM
ATM! Pro Class

That does suck big time. BUT could have been much worse, music can be replaced! Its a hassle but your ok, thats whats important.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Expert Class

One way to look at it is that you saved yourself the price of a new window by leaving the door unlocked...If they want it bad enough they will do what it takes to get it...
Old 05-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Pro Class

Some people just suck!
Old 05-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Expert Class

I had my life threatened Sunday while I was riding, can anyone beat that? LOL
Old 05-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Expert Class

Damn man, sorry to hear it. I know how it feels to have things ripped off. I had my street bike stolen, then a few months later my truck got stolen. I've also had people break into my cars and take CD's and stuff like that, it's a terrible feeling, like you've been violated.

My condolences.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:54 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99kx250rules
I had my life threatened Sunday while I was riding, can anyone beat that? LOL
I think we need more details, but I think I can beat it.

Two weeks ago my wife got a voicemail on her cell phone, threatening to slaughter our children and then perform some very bad acts on them. I kid you not. The police got very involved and found that it was a 15 year old kid. Obviously not the brightest kid, as he made the call from his cell phone which does not have his number blocked. Yep, he got in some serious hot water. The threat was very scary for us as parents, as some of you can imagine, the only thing worse than someone threatening you, is someone threatening your children. That is the worst feeling in the world, and until we found out it was a punk kid, we were both very upset.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz250guy
I think we need more details, but I think I can beat it.
This just pertains to riding, my Dad was a cop for 15 years so you can imagine all the threats we have had otherwise.

But as far as the riding story goes: I haven't been able to ride the past 3 weekends for one reason or another. My buddy hears from a friend that there is an awesome spot to ride, he takes directions down as best as he can. Sunday morning arrives, I look out the door and the weather just looks nasty. Gray clouds, thunder off in the distance and a light sprinkle. He decides he wants to put his new engine in today. The guy he is borrowing the cherry picker from can't be reached. So to kill time we go get his new torque converter that he forgot at work about 30 miles away. By this time the weather is getting better. He still can't get ahold of the cherry picker so we decide to go riding at the new place. The weather starts to turn bad again, great old oklahoma weather. We load the bikes up and head out to Auto Zone to get some MX2T. They try scanning it and the register is saying they aren't authorized to sell it. We said they need to give it to us for free, so they did. weheeeew. We get gas and try to find the riding spot. We've drove down this dirt road for miles, finally finding a boat landing out on the boonies. We unloaded the bikes and tried to find the place, we thought it would be easier this way. By now it is pouring buckets, the rain feels like bullets hitting us. We gave up and went back to the truck. Some guy comes flying down in his jeep and just starts in on us with an attitude about driving on the dirt roads, threatening us and threatening to call the county on us. We knew we were wrong by riding on the dirt roads so I was really polite to the guy. The more that he tried to intimidate us the more polite we got and it was killing him. LOL He told us if we ever rode by his house again we'd regret it and then pealed out and left. We both started laughing. I guess my next plan will include me taking my street bike which is way louder than the KX up and down his road a few times and see what he has to say about that.
He can call county all he wants but it is 100% legal. I knew we were wrong by riding the bikes on the dirt road but you can approach me with some decency and not give us attitude right out of the gate. He was just as wrong threatening us.

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion