All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Has ATM Become A Teen Forum?
Yes . . . we need to get back to discussing off-road riding. 76 69.72%
Yes, and too bad! 6 5.50%
No, discussing teen relationships is somehow related to off-road riding. 13 11.93%
No 14 12.84%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2004, 11:24 AM
Pro Class

Default Re: Is ATM Now A Teen Moto Forum?

Seriously...we need, under misc. forums, a teen forum! =D Maybe just an EXTREMELY off topic forum. Some people wanna talk to their ATM buddies about stuff other than motorcycles and ATV's. Thats just how it is
Old 06-18-2004, 11:28 AM
Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by mxerncolo
Yes, I didn't think of that. guess the entire room would be nothing but "#%$$ *&*% , $#$#@!!" anyway.
Jim.
no one said it had to be a dirty forum...it would just be off topic. Maybe about movies, games, music, other sports, TV, Politics, Wartime issues Etc.
Ithink its an awesome idea. If anyone makes a thread that shows aggression towards another member then it can be deleted immediately. I dont think we have any member like that though...
Old 06-18-2004, 11:28 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Mikey,

That's what the ATM Chat Room is for!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:42 AM
ATM Contributor!

I have to agree with the majority here, the content of posts lately has gone waay downhill as compared to the posts of just a few months ago.

As for an off topic forum, it wont get my vote, as others have said, you are just asking for trouble with that type of a forum.

Lets just keep the talk dirt bike oriented, that is what we are here for anyway right?
Old 06-18-2004, 11:48 AM
cha cha

"We have one of the most comprehensive, rapidly growing, family-oriented discussion sites on the Internet."

When people pull up ATM, that is one of the first things they'll see. If they read it. That is also one of the reasons I joined this form and became an active member. Not only were there what I considered huge amounts of information, but the atmosphere was great. I had finally found a place where I would feel comfortable letting my kids read what was going on.

That combined with the friendly banter and the fact that there were other active females was a big plus for me.

Like some of the other members, I have been looking for other places to post. I just don't like the feeling here lately. I understand that kids will be kids, but when a topic goes from where do I take this girl I like to discussing the best ways to "get some", well, let's just say I thought that was a bit ridiculous. And it's not been just that either. Anymore it seems there's nothing about arguing which color is best or whether two strokes or four strokes are best.

All in all, I think it has really taken away from the reason this site was started to begin with.

Anyway...I'll hop down off the soap box now.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Expert Class

I agree with the majority of posts here, let me get my leather boots out of the closet and we call all goose step our way down the path to sensorship.

If a post says O/T and you are not interested, don't read it.

A quick look at the active discussion topics currently reveals that this is the only topic not directly related to bikes.

If the moderators are having a problem with certain topics, then use your discresion (horribly misspelled, sorry) and correct the problem. Burying your head in the sand, or just leaving ATM is ignoring the reason you were made moderators.

If you are going to have a strictly bike only web site, go ahead and reduce the number of active members to about 10. Better yet, why don't we just have a conference call everyweek and we can skip the whole web thing entirely.

Entertainment people! That is why most of us are here. Bike knowledge around here is terrific, but sometimes I just want a laugh.

I like ATM the way it is, I am old enought to decide for myself if I want to read a topic or not. ATM is kind of an online community, and sometimes the discussion will take a differant direction then bikes.

You want to talk about honoring GMB, how about a bunch of friends getting together to shoot the bull about what is on their minds, bikes and all. What is wrong with that?

Sorry about the length, but this is important to me.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:58 AM
ATM! Pro Class

while i am a teen, i do agree that some of the posts are pretty out of hand. the most recent and worst one i found was the one about "where should i take this girl i like" -- no, i am not focusing on the poster because he did a smart thing, asked a legit question on a forum with many OG's with lots of experience in that are. (that's OLD GUYS for you OG's that dont speak gangsta )

the problem was that other people took it and ran with it... the guy asked a legit question and got like 5 pages worth of BS and only a few people gave legit advice back.

that is defenitely NOT the only post but it is the most recent so therefore it is the most recognizeable. there will be more to come.

i've met Tyler (the owner of ATM and the ONLY person paying for the server space) and he is a great guy that tried to make a site, number ONE reason to honor Garret's memory for what he did for the community. the number two reason also tied into Garret's memory in that he intended ATM to be a forum where a person could go for OFFROAD-RELATED advice, be it bikes, quads, anything.

i just recently landed a solid job so now i can contribute to this site that i take so much pride in being a part of, maybe you other people can try doing the same. anything helps, and it only goes to paying those greedy server people (for lack of a really good name-calling )

we're about to launch an all-out attack on wasted server space in the form of deleting old, never-responded-to posts too. Tyler pays out of his own pocket to keep this site up and supremely off topic posts really shouldn't be here. ATM is, i believe, the best offroad site on the internet. we're not as super strict as some sites... not mentioning names but it's named after the magazine.... j/k i go to that site a lot too.

just lettin' ya know that i'm with ya mr. cox!

Rob
Old 06-18-2004, 12:40 PM
Expert Class

All you guys are right on the money. I just read thru the last few pages of posts again. I wanted to say "I agree with that," to most every one.

Thing is: the one's who have posted inappropriate stuff - or nonrelevant anyway - may not replying to this thread, but I'm sure they're reading it. I'd like to point out that I feel the one that began the post about 'where to take the girl' he likes wasn't necessarily wrong to do so - but many of the responses he received were out of hand. Honestly in an open forum, you have to understand that there are some people who aren't capable of giving that great of advice. Someone mentioned that there are some of us who don't speak "gangsta." So we see there are different opinions and walks of life. We need to all recognize this.

We all need to recall, yes, what this forum is for, and we all need to keep in mind that as a general rule there are accepted forms of behavior etc...

So, as I always seem to post too long, I want to say thanks to this Tyler fellow, and for GMB and his family. I do not doubt at all the genuine importance of their input into this world.

This is a great sight. I've only recently found it, and I hope it is around for quite some time.

Thanks to all of you.
jim
Old 06-18-2004, 12:42 PM
ATM! Addict

Excellent post Jim
Old 06-18-2004, 12:44 PM
ATM! Pro Class

Quote:
Originally posted by mxerncolo
Someone mentioned that there are some of us who don't speak "gangsta." So we see there are different opinions and walks of life. We need to all recognize this.
that was me, i was just kiddin' around. i dont speak gangsta and never will :

and to your entire post, i agree with it

Rob
Closed Thread

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion