All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums

Go Back   All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Has ATM Become A Teen Forum?
Yes . . . we need to get back to discussing off-road riding. 76 69.72%
Yes, and too bad! 6 5.50%
No, discussing teen relationships is somehow related to off-road riding. 13 11.93%
No 14 12.84%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2004, 09:02 AM
ATM! Pro Class

Default Re: Is ATM Now A Teen Moto Forum?

Quote:
Originally posted by MotoMan
And I for one would like to see those pictures Frakke.
Thx jim, let's just hope it can happen!!!

How's your recovery, still itchy to climb onto that blue beast!!!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:03 AM
Da Bunny

I'd like to see them myself, Frakke!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:14 AM
Semper Fidelis

Exclamation I wish everyone the best

As I requeted my Senior Moderator's console was removed. I will participate as a contributing member as long as Tyler allows me to do so. I asked that the posts be cleaned up but more people came in as members that wanted this to be a chat shack for teen angst and how to be crude bp enuendo while on line. For a family site we sank pretty low. I appologize to Char and the other ladies here for several of the posts that were offensive.

We were Warned several times by Tyler and other super moderators to clean up the posts. Well it only took a few to mess things up for everyone. I wish y'all the best and I hope to meet many of you at the GMBIII this fall. Until then I am saying good bye. Most of you know how to get ahold of me by email and I will leave the P.M. enabler on here. Maybe I will see y'all at Thumper Talk too. Right now I need to get two bikes ready for tomorrow an ennjoy the time roosting and being roosted.

Good Bye,
Bill

Last edited by Florida 393; 06-19-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:16 AM
Expert Class

Quote:
Originally posted by Keetoman393
BB, I think you missed Tyler's point. He isn't saying we can't tell what is going on in our lives, just keep the degrading, offensive and childish chit chat remarks and such out of the post. There is nothing wrong with having a little bit of fun and a good humored off topic thread now and then is fun to read. Just don't get carried away. That's the only help you are asked to do. Simple, isn't it?

Lets all get this place back on track and back to being a family.

Keith
I don't think anyone would have a problem with that, my understanding was that nothing off topic would be allowed.

I personally like to hear about someone son graduating or a funny story about the weeks events. I don't want to hear anything degrading or sexual either.

I thought the extremely negetive (sp) comments were never welcome and that went without saying.

I would like to preserve members feeling comfortable posting messages not related to bikes, but still with in the boundries of friendly banter (ala Dcox's earlier post).

As long as it is posted in the context of friends talking to one another I personally don't see a problem, but I will respect the wishes of the people running ATM. If it is to be bike related only then I can live with that, if it is to be a community of people where 90% is bike and 10% is other I can live with that too. (IMO that would be better, but it is not my decision)

My intention was never to stick up for vulgar or profane people. That sort of stuff is never welcome.

Well I can't wait to see how much better this web site can be!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:19 AM
ATM Contributor!

Quote:
Originally posted by Frakke
How's your recovery, still itchy to climb onto that blue beast!!!
Actually I climbed aboard yesterday and putted around a bit.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:19 AM
Da Bunny

That's exactly the way it used to be! We were a big family here and we had a few members come in and acted like it was an AOL chat room which ruined it for the rest of us.

Keep up the good work Steve!
Old 06-19-2004, 09:29 AM
Intermediate Class

I think the message from Tyler was pretty clear. Given the fact that he is the owner of the site, whether you like it or not, his rules Must be respected. I for one am extremely thankful that Tyler puts forth his time and money to keep this wonderful site going. When I started riding dirtbikes only 9 months ago, I knew nothing about maintenence. After finding ATM online and talking with very knowledgable people about bikes, I can tear my entire bike down and rebuild just about anything with out a single worry. That is what brought me here and kept me here. The members that I have actually met in person are exceptional people, bar none. This is a great site, lets clean it up and keep it going. :
Old 06-19-2004, 09:37 AM
Pro Class

It makes me sad to even hear mention of a possible closure of this establishment. I really enjoy being here and am very grateful that this place is here for everyone. I try and help on things that I can and hope Im not to blame for any of the issues being brought up. I consider this an extention of my life and dont want to mess it up for others as well as myself.
Old 06-19-2004, 09:58 AM
ATM! Addict

I have kept my opinions to myself for the most part up until now.

If the owner of ATM and the members who worked, donated time and money to make it what it is today are disgusted and dissapointed by the direction the board has taken, then we all need to wake up. If you want to make this YOUR site you can. But you will need to support it financially as well as following the rules and mission that the board has.

Here is an example, when is the last time you have hit the "donate" link on the home page to help support "their favorite website" ?? I made a post asking for support as I know Tyler is spending alot of time and MONEY to keep ATM up and running. I was dissapointed in the response to that post asking for support. BTW I just clicked the donate button again today myself.

If there are members who want to come here and trash the place like they are at a drunken picnic at a public lake then they need to find another place to go. Like Tyler said he could be spending his time and money elsewhere.......like on his family.

It's about respect...not about "feedom of speech" or "censorship". If YOU are paying for this site then say what you want. If others are paying for this site then abide by their rules. If you love this site then dedicate yourself to helping it thrive according to the mission statement and rules the site was created around.

Brent
Old 06-19-2004, 10:18 AM
ATM! Pro Class

great post brent!

y'all heard my story. let's just keep it to 95/5 95% offroad related (not just bikes, ya hear! ) and 5% personal stuff... like someone's kid graduating or a funny joke or pic (use common sense here)

it's kind of like... pretend you are standing in the living room of every one of the people's families here. some don't care that you are telling a 14 year old boy to "go tap that" but MOST do care.

like that one lady said... R - E - S - P - E - C - T !!
Closed Thread

All Things Moto! Dirtbike Forums > Dirt Bike - ATV - Suspension Forums > General Discussion